DME Issues?

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know of anything going on with DME today, 12/8?

The line is very backed up in the airport and took over 20 minutes to just get scanned. The lines to the resort are also crazy. Took about an hour to just get on a bus.

I’ve never seen it this backed up!

Someone else mentioned it on another site as well. They opted for a cab as they had their bags.

Twice we experienced huge ME backups. Once early in Thanksgiving week there were accidents on all routes to Disney world. The busses took forever to come pick up guests because it took them forever to get to the resorts and back. I stacked our suitcases into a seat for us to sit on. Last summer when we arrived in late June, the herd to check in was unbelievable. Seemingly mobs of people. It wasn’t too bad once we got through the check in people that time. Just took a long time to get into the individual bus lines.

Just saw a post on Facebook that one large group of conference goers arrived today. And Pop Warner is still in effect.

It was a not so magical express for us on Dec. 1st. Super long line just to checkin. Never again! The trip home yesterday, the 8th was fine. I wonder if part of it has to do with the cost of resort parking and lots of people not renting cars anymore. We usually rent, and this confirms that's the way to go for us, free parking for us too with DVC.

We were there a week ago. No line for check in. Waited about 15 minutes to board the bus then another 20 minutes before we were on our way. Thats about average for our trips.

Checking back in for the first time since the trip started. The whole ME experience took over 2.5 hours! I usually figure 90 minutes from the time I land until the time I arrive at my resort and have never gone over that. First time for everything!

It did not look like there were that many buses queued up to go. 1 or 2 at most at a time. Lines were getting re-routed and routes adjusted. Definitely not the norm. I will have to take a peak at the crowds when I head home next week.

Had friends check in Nov 28th and head out on Dec 4th, first experience with DME, and went perfectly both ways - they were very pleased.

It's because of the annual Pop Warner football Superbowl and the national cheerleading competition both being held at Disney. This is always a very busy time at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter