• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME - Current experiences

Shellyred8

I'd rather be at Disney
For anyone that has taken DME since June 22nd, could you share your experiences? I'm interested to hear how they are handling the social distancing thing. Also, are they requiring face masks on the DME bus?

Thanks!

Did they mail you arrival luggage tags?

On return, how did you schedule the bus time?

On return, did you have to check your on luggage?
No luggage tags

I had to call the front desk to ask about return time because they didn’t initially deliver it. They brought over the voucher after I called.

I had to take luggage with me to the airport. The checkin service was unavailable.

No luggage tags

I had to call the front desk to ask about return time because they didn’t initially deliver it. They brought over the voucher after I called.

I had to take luggage with me to the airport. The checkin service was unavailable.

Thank you for the info!

No luggage tags

So if they didn't mail you yellow luggage tags; I assume you had to go retrieve your luggage at MCO yourself and take it on the ME on your way to Disney?

It sounds like without luggage tags, you pick up your luggage, take it DME at airport. Ride bus to WDW, hand luggage to bell services and reverse procedure going home.

I just submitted my flight change to ME and they emailed me that they are opening resort airline checkin service July 12 (actually they have emailed me the same 2 things repeatedly for the last few days for some reason). They said they would be sending the yellow tags too. When I initially gave my flight info they said they wouldn’t send the yellow tags and didn’t mention the resort airline checking service.

Hi, MinnieMSue.

I just submitted my flight change to ME and they emailed me that they are opening resort airline checkin service July 12 (actually they have emailed me the same 2 things repeatedly for the last few days for some reason).

Were you able to make your DME reservation online with the WDW DME website or did you have to call?

So on July 12, 2020, departing the WDW resorts airline office will reopen and will go back to normal operation where they can give you your return flight ticket and tag your luggage so you don't have to check-in your luggage at the airport's airline counter to get back home?

They said they would be sending the yellow tags too.

Are these the luggage tags that they send to your home before you travel to WDW?

When I initially gave my flight info they said they wouldn’t send the yellow tags and didn’t mention the resort airline checking service.

Thank you for posting.

Yes to al of the above! I googled magical express form and it came up and I filled it out and have gotten many copies of the email since lol. I was super happy to hear that RAC is going to be back! As are the yellow tags.

did anyone have their checked luggage transfer from MCO to Disney resort since the resorts reopenin? please share 🙏🏻

Received my normal yellow luggage tags the other day, after being told I wouldn't receive them and would have to pick up our luggage, or I could give my airport luggage receipts to the ME counter when we arrive, and they would then pick up our luggage and transport it to the resort. I wasn't comfortable with that, so we fully intended to pick up our own luggage before getting on the ME bus. I can't tell you how excited I was to receive the yellow tags from Disney! Now we can head straight to the bus!

Received my normal yellow luggage tags the other day, after being told I wouldn't receive them and would have to pick up our luggage, or I could give my airport luggage receipts to the ME counter when we arrive, and they would then pick up our luggage and transport it to the resort. I wasn't comfortable with that, so we fully intended to pick up our own luggage before getting on the ME bus. I can't tell you how excited I was to receive the yellow tags from Disney! Now we can head straight to the bus!

I was searching recent experiences with Luggage and DME and I came across your post - i was hoping you could give us an update -

Did you really just walk to the bus? Did they get your luggage and take it to the resort?

Thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter