DLR in June?

Andrea0710

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of going to DLR in June, so I would love any guidance on weather, crowds, etc... We have only been to DLR once, and that was in November 2017. The crowds and weather were perfect, and we cannot wait to go back!

It's pretty crowded in June and there are always Grad Nites that are kind of annoying to have to plan around. They are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. They bring MASSIVE numbers of teens to the parks all day. If you have to go in June, go as late in June as possible.

I'd recommend July instead, if that works with your schedule.

We've gone in early June a couple of times including this year. It was pretty easy to get around and the weather was hot but not awful. We went back to the hotel to swim and take a break around 3pm each day and that helped with the heat. We did rope drop every morning and had a lot of success with getting most of our rides in with little waiting.

We usually go right after school ends for us at the end of May. So we're normally there around the first week of June. We try to avoid Labor Day but had our first park day on the Wednesday after this year. Try to aim for when the passholders are blocked. Midweek is best. Grad Nites are an issue but we just planned our CA day for the Thursday is was not a Grad Nite. Grad Nites go through mid-June.

Last edited:
We went the second week of June this summer. It was crowded and warm but not terribly hot. Mostly low 80s but a couple days were high 80s. We were there one day that was a grad night and honestly I didn't notice a huge difference in the crowds. Every day we went was very crowded, but we navigated it very well with Genie+ and a good strategy for the parks.

We went again for 1 day in July while we were there for another family event. It didn't feel as crowded as June, but it was only a slight difference. It was still crowded, but just slightly less so. It was hot. I was way more sweaty than when we went in June.

I felt like June was a good time to go if you can't go during other "less crowded" times, though it seems like there really isn't any times that aren't crowded anymore.

It's pretty crowded in June and there are always Grad Nites that are kind of annoying to have to plan around. They are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. They bring MASSIVE numbers of teens to the parks all day. If you have to go in June, go as late in June as possible.

I'd recommend July instead, if that works with your schedule.
Looks like the last Grad Nite next year is June 16, so I was thinking the week after that

It's really hard to tell how it will be in June. So much depends on what dates. We went in June 2019 (17th-24th) and had great crowds and good weather. We went this June ( June 27-July 2) and crowds were a 9 every day and it was SO SO hot.

I'd go as early in June as you can and just avoid grad nights. Or even better, go in May.

It's really hard to tell how it will be in June. So much depends on what dates. We went in June 2019 (17th-24th) and had great crowds and good weather. We went this June ( June 27-July 2) and crowds were a 9 every day and it was SO SO hot.

I'd go as early in June as you can and just avoid grad nights. Or even better, go in May.

Grad nights start in May.

May won't be an option for us due to my kiddos still being in school and myself still being a teacher.

We are going to try for the last week of June and see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts