DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

Does anyone know if there are still places available via any third party companies? My BF wanted to do this race. We have Grand Californian and flights booked with points. We missed the entry via RunDisney. :( TIA!

If you go on the DL 1/2 part of the run disney site, under registration there is a charity section. The have a list of the different charities open. Good Luck!

Not specific to DLR Half, but related to running. . .

Next Wednesday around the country is a limited showing of Spirit of the Marathon 2, a documentary following several runners as they prepare to run a marathon in Rome, Italy.

If anyone's not familiar with Spirit of the Marathon, the original followed runners preparing for the Chicago Marathon. We watched it while preparing for our first marathon in doing Goofy this past January, and it was very inspiring and well made IMO. If you're interested even in watching the original, I believe it is still available on Netflix and may also be available on Hulu.

If you're even thinking about one day running a marathon, I'd highly recommend checking out the original, and maybe keeping an eye out for the sequel next week or whenever it moves to DVD/streaming for rental afterward! :thumbsup2

While you might find the thought of a full intimidating now, you can do it if you can commit the time and effort to a proper training schedule. And doing it in Disney provides pretty generous pacing requirements and great motivation, to say nothing of the excitment of running through the parks!

When you say you're not sure about being ready to do two 1/2s so close together, are you referring to the possibility of doing Princess on your February trip to go along with Tink in January? If so, and if you're doing Galloway's training plans, I think you'd be capable of doing it with approximately a month between the two. It would be nice in terms of you already having the trip planned to WDW, but for what it's worth, I hear the W&D is considered by many to be the best of Disney's 1/2s, if you can only afford to do either Princess or W&D.

Whatever you decide to do, be good about sticking to your training plan and you can do it! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Yeah, a full marathon is way intimidating. I have a friend who keeps trying to get me on her Ragnar team as well.

We talked about doing the Princess 1/2, but DBF is not all that excited about a pink C2C medal, whereas I am. I figure we will break him in slowly next year. If we do Tink, Hollywood, OC and W&D, it will be a good *first* year of running for him. Plus, that means two trips to WDW. :yay:

We talked about doing the Princess 1/2, but DBF is not all that excited about a pink C2C medal, whereas I am. I figure we will break him in slowly next year. If we do Tink, Hollywood, OC and W&D, it will be a good *first* year of running for him. Plus, that means two trips to WDW. :yay:

It may be too close to Tink for you, but what about the Surf City one? I love the surfboard medals! And it's a beautiful couse ~ along PCH for most of it, turn inland for a couple of miles then back down PCH again.

Just in case anybody needs it, the deferral info is available for this race:

http://www.disneynow.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x115825dcfe

Info from the site:
If you are currently registered for a runDisney race that is a 10K distance or longer, you may defer your race entry to the following year’s race for a fee.

Deferrals are not available for 5K and Kids Races distances and do not apply to commemorative items or ancillary products.

Participants may defer a race registration for any reason.

Once a deferral is requested and accepted, it is final.

Race registration and processing fees are non-refundable.

Race registration may not be transferred to another runner.

All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time. Deferral registration is limited to races with available capacity.

If the registration fees for the race you are deferring to are higher, you are responsible for paying the full higher fee for registration in the race you are deferring to and any processing fees. At the time of your deferral registration for the following year’s race, the fee for registering for the following year’s race may not be final. Disney will charge your original form of payment for any difference between the registration fee paid at the time of your deferral registration for the following year’s race and the final registration fee set by Disney for the following year’s race.

If you requested a deferral to a race with registrations fees less than your original registration fees, the difference will not be refunded.

Deferral is not available for Charity and Travel Provider group registrations. Please contact your Charity or Travel Provider for more information.

Once a deferral request is complete an e-mail with a link to register for the following year’s race (the “Link”) will be sent. The link is unique and may only be used by the person it is sent to. The Link may not be shared, transferred, sold, posted, or otherwise publicized. Disney reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate in its sole discretion in the event that Disney believes that a race participant (or participants) have misused their Link or violated Policy. Disney reserves the right to cancel any registration that has been completed through an unauthorized use of the Link.

Deferral requests will be assessed a $45.00 deferral fee if all steps are completed on or before August 1, 2013.

Deferral requests will be assessed a $70.00 deferral fee if all steps are completed between the dates of August 2, 2013 - August 23, 2013.

All steps of the deferral must be completed by August 23, 2013 for your deferral to be granted.

You will need your original form of payment that was used for the 2013 Disneyland® race in order to be refunded. If you do not know which card was used, please contact:

Active.com
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST
Email: support@active.com
Phone: 877-228-4881

I've just updated the first post with the role call. If I have missed you (so sorry), please post which race you are in and I will add you. See you soon!!

I've just updated the first post with the role call. If I have missed you (so sorry), please post which race you are in and I will add you. See you soon!!

Very cool! Looking forward to race weekend!

I doing DDD and my kids are running the kids races. Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's definitely strange, but more annoying than anything else for me. The first time I noticed I wasn't getting emails I was worried something had gone wonky with my registration and all of that. I'll shoot off a PM in a moment, thanks!

I'm taking a few days off since I'm not feeling well but I'm finally, finally, finally training again. I'm still getting used to running on a treadmill but I'm feeling stronger each run. I already know I can finish the 1/2, but I'm nervous about doing the 10K the day before. Here's to hoping I'll be prepared.

ETA: Who else is having a hard time trying to find time to run? With the two jobs, both with very different schedules, I'm already not getting much sleep as it is without adding something else into the mix.

I am there with you. The last couple of weeks I found to be really difficult to find the motivation to get out there and run. I think I am experiencing a mental block in combination with the normal life stuff (long work hours, busy with other life commitments, etc.). I reached 7 miles (I'm doing the 10K in September) and I just cannot seem to break it, or find myself wanting to go farther. My sister bought me Tink wings to wear for the Half in January so I know I better kick it up. But, for right now, I am sort of stuck at the 7 mile mark. :guilty:

Hurt my knee in the Goofy Challenge this past January and I haven't run very much over the past 5 months since. But seeing as I have signed up for the Dumbo, I have been out there for a few shortish runs over the past week. At this point, I'm not going for any particular time...I just want to cross that line!

Yay! Please add us to the list!

10K: Pixarmom, Pixarmom's DH, Pixarmom's DS13 (themagicmouse), Pixarmom's DS14 (ghosthost96)

Kids' Run: Pixarmom's DS6

As for those asking about training problems, I'm with you! Part of the problem is that home and part-time work is crazy busy right now. The other part is that the weather has been horrible. And the last part of the problem is that we all ran a 5K last month (including our 6-year-old) and it was a breeze, so everyone thinks they can double that at DL easily. I'm not so sure, so as soon as the boys are finished with school, I'm running during their daily swim team practices. Good luck fellow trainers!!!

Yay! Please add us to the list!

10K: Pixarmom, Pixarmom's DH, Pixarmom's DS13 (themagicmouse), Pixarmom's DS14 (ghosthost96)

Kids' Run: Pixarmom's DS6

As for those asking about training problems, I'm with you! Part of the problem is that home and part-time work is crazy busy right now. The other part is that the weather has been horrible. And the last part of the problem is that we all ran a 5K last month (including our 6-year-old) and it was a breeze, so everyone thinks they can double that at DL easily. I'm not so sure, so as soon as the boys are finished with school, I'm running during their daily swim team practices. Good luck fellow trainers!!!

Got ya!! I think this is the first time I have actually seen your post on a PC, look at all your WDW stays!! And, I didn't realize you had 3 DS's as well!! I have DS14, DS9, and DS7. They aren't running. DS9 wanted to run the 5k, but, I couldn't figure out what I would do with him during the the 10k. Of course, the 5k is full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter