DLP with a baby- 2 questions!

sleepysox

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I'm desperate to go to DLP as I haven't been to a Disney Park for over a year! I have a 9 month old baby and would like to visit next year. Does anyone know if you can hire cots from Hotel NY and if there are any other facilities in the hotels for babies such as bottle warming etc?

Also, our baby doesn't like sleeping in our room- he just screams! What's the cheapest way of getting either adjoining rooms or a suite which has a lounge and a bedroom in any of the resort hotels? I'm basically looking for a cheap way of DS not having to sleep with us, but sleep close to us.

Hope someone can help.

I know I should really wait until he is older, but I'm desperate. I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

All the best,

Sleepy :flower:

All the hotels have cots and will warm bottles, as will restaurants throughout the parks. Becky's the one to ask about HNY - I'm sure she'll be along soon!! There's a thread about it in the "sticky" at the top of the page with all the thread listings.

Great news about the bottle warming and cots. I've just read the Sticky thing about HNY, I've stayed at HNY a few times pre baby, yet there was so much info I didn't know. What a great resource!

If anyone knows the cheapest way of sleeping separately from our son, ie in adjoining rooms or in a suite, could you let me know.

All the best,
I'm so glad I found this site. I didn't realise other people were as mad about Disney parks as I am.

Sleepysox :sunny:

Sleepysox, welcome to the Dis :) We are all a little mad about Disney, it must be said ;)

Be warned, this site can become very addictive :teeth:

I know the suites are very expensive :(

Hope to see lots more of you planning your trip!

I'm afraid I have never personally hired a cot at the HNY - but I know it can be done. If you wanted a suite,, then Sequoia Lodge would be the most inexpensive option - but even then I think the suites are fairly open plan. Two adjoining rooms would be least expensive at the Santa Fe!! Here's a rather out of date price list for the hotels - but it gives you some idea of what options are available, and how the prices vary.

Welcome to the DIS sleepysox - we're all addicted to Disney here!! :wave2:

It might be cheaper to use the time between now and your trip to bring his cot closer and closer to your room until he gets used to sleeping near you!!! Have you thought about the Davy Crocket Ranch where you get a cabin with different rooms?

Hi,

You don't need to hire the cots, just mention you need one when booking and their supplied free.

Can't help much with suites or joined rooms, but last year we stayed in the Sequioa Lodge and they gave us a room with one bed in it as oppose to the usual two. This made the room seemed much bigger (I'm still convinced it was a larger room) and meant the cot was a good distance from the bed. Still not much use if your baby doesn't like sleeping in your room, but it may help.

Welcome to the board sleepsox.

We stayed in Davy Crocket Ranch and the 2 room option might suit, although you need your own transport since the shuttle buses don't operate from the ranch to park.

What about the partner hotels. The Holiday Inn has a curtained off area so your baby might feel he is in another room.

Reid

Hi all!

Thank you so much for your ideas. I'm going to check out the Holiday Inn and also think about a room with one double bed in, so there is more room for the cot.

From what I remember, HNY and some of the other hotels have chairs and I thought we might be able to put them around the cot and drape towels over them, so Louis thinks he's in a different room, otherwise, the curtained off bit at the Holiday Inn, sounds like it might do the trick.

I'm so keen to go, but my car broke down for the millionth (slight exaggeration) time today, so my savings may have to go towards a deposit on a new (second hand) car.

Before we had Louis we went to WDW and DLP quite often (every few years or so) and I'm going into cold turkey!

Thanks for all your help, you guys really know your Disney!

This is such a friendly forum, I'm glad I chanced upon it,

Sleepysox :earboy2:

Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you'll work it out :)

sleepysox said:
This is such a friendly forum, I'm glad I chanced upon it,
Sleepysox :earboy2:
What though it is infectious. Remember to come back and ask any other questions you have :goodvibes

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter