DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

No the process was confusing. They should’ve designed the site to where you buy and make reservations immediately after. Not rejoin the queue and wait for a reservation after buying.
I bought my tickets yesterday and then made the reservations immediately after. It took all day and someone nice from these boards who gave me their queue code for me to do it but I didnt have to get into another queue to make my reservation. Just had to go to a different place in the website to make reservations after I had my tickets purchased.

I did have to get into a separate queue after booking my tickets and hotel. My queue for that did not open until 4pm, but luckily someone here gave me an earlier queue code.

Once I buy my tickets for my July stay at GCH, I am going to try to reserve a sold out day ahead of my stay. If that is all it takes, why not just have a perpetual hotel reservation booked and then cancel it later, after going to the parks?
If I understand correctly the behavior of WDW's MDE, cancelling the hotel reservation would also cancel all FP+ booked using the Disney Hotel Guest booking advantage. I'd guess that DLR's linked reservation process might do similarly: cancel the hotel reservation and lose the related Park Reservations.

Just a guess ... and I don't care to test out my theory personally. ;-)

EDITED to add: As I kept reading, I see that post #1934 has done a bit of testing and phoned in to query the behavior. If I read the post correctly the phone conversation confirms: Cancel the reservation and lose the Park Reservation. (I'm biting my tongue right now to prevent me from sharing my next thought. Ok, must end this here.)

Last edited:

I didn't have to rejoin the queue. After I bought my tickets, I linked them manually to my account using the barcode they showed (the .pdf file of the e tickets) and then was able to immediately access the reservation system to reserve my days. I did it all at the same time. Maybe because my queue position hadn't timed out yet?
I bought my tickets yesterday and then made the reservations immediately after. It took all day and someone nice from these boards who gave me their queue code for me to do it but I didnt have to get into another queue to make my reservation. Just had to go to a different place in the website to make reservations after I had my tickets purchased.
Same with me. I bought tickets then had to browse the site to find where to make reservations. I didn’t haven’t to rejoin a queue. But I think having to search the site made it stressful given we had 10 minutes lol. If they had a tab right after purchasing that was obvious for reservations it would’ve helped.

Trying again to reserve my day, it looks like May 26th opened up again. But I keep getting stitch.

@DLgal- okay played around with my 3Day SoCal ticket and hotel reservations.

Things to note:
1. Socal 13 day issue -- FIXED -- can book april 30 and June 28 no issue

2. Hotel reservations: Loophole - confirmed separate bucket.
confirmed can book completely separate day
confirmed can book even April 30 <-----

Update on Days Gone as of 4/16/21 4:37pm Pacific time:

4/30: DL for 1 Park and PH | DCA for PH
5/1: DL for 1 Park and PH | DCA for PH
5/2: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/3: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/4: DL for 1 Park
5/7: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/8: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/9: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/14: DL for 1 Park
5/15: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/16: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/17: DL for 1 Park
5/18: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/19: DL for 1 Park
5/21: DL for 1 Park
5/22: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/23: DL for 1 Park
5/25: DL for 1 Park
5/26: DL for 1 Park
5/29: DL for 1 Park and PH
5/30: DL for 1 Park and PH
6/1: DL for 1 Park
6/2: DL for 1 Park
6/4: DCA for 1 Park and PH
6/5: DCA and DL for 1 Park and PH
6/6: DCA for 1 Park
6/12: DL for 1 Park and PH | DCA for 1 Park
6/19: DL for 1 Park
6/26: DL for 1 Park

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you again to everyone here for being my sanity saver as we went through the craziness together yesterday trying to get tickets and reservations! Hanging out here helped me have patience and hope instead of getting worried and stressed out. So thank you for being awesome and helpful! :)

I have my tickets and park reservations. Both tickets for me and my friend are listed. I tried to link his ticket into his disneyland app so he has it but it says it is unable to do that. The message says "We're having trouble getting ticket and pass information right now. Please try again."

I have my tickets and park reservations. Both tickets for me and my friend are listed. I tried to link his ticket into his disneyland app so he has it but it says it is unable to do that. The message says "We're having trouble getting ticket and pass information right now. Please try again."

Yep. Seems like everyone right now has the same issue. I was able to get past the queue yesterday and find my reservations, and if you happen to lose the QR code email, you can have them re-sent.

But it'd bring a lot of piece of mind if friends and family could link their tickets. If for no other reason than to be able to get ROTR boarding groups!

For those having issues seeing linked tickets on an iPhone, maybe try rebooting/shut down & restart on the phone & not just the app. I had that issue with my ToD tix after the latest app update, was also getting the “having troubles...” message. Someone in the ToD thread tried the reboot & it fixed the issue; I also did the reboot & it fixed the issue for me as well. Don’t know if it will help with newly purchased tickets.

For those having issues seeing linked tickets on an iPhone, maybe try rebooting/shut down & restart on the phone & not just the app. I had that issue with my ToD tix after the latest app update, was also getting the “having troubles...” message. Someone in the ToD thread tried the reboot & it fixed the issue; I also did the reboot & it fixed the issue for me as well. Don’t know if it will help with newly purchased tickets.
Are you saying this is a potential fix for having linked tickets appear in someone else’s account?
That’s the issue being presented. For example, I bought tickets for my cousin, linked them to my account in his name, and made a reservation for both of us. It would be nice to have his ticket link to his account at this point.

Are you saying this is a potential fix for having linked tickets appear in someone else’s account?
That’s the issue being presented. For example, I bought tickets for my cousin, linked them to my account in his name, and made a reservation for both of us. It would be nice to have his ticket link to his account at this point.
No, this worked for event tickets I had linked in the app that disappeared with the latest DLR app update. I don’t know if it will help here, but shared as a possibility since it had worked for some of us with missing ToD event tickets.

No, this worked for event tickets I had linked in the app that disappeared with the latest DLR app update. I don’t know if it will help here, but shared as a possibility since it had worked for some of us with missing ToD event tickets.

Sadly likely won't work. Two different issues. The ToD tickets were just not appearing for some after the update, but were still linked. With the DLR tickets, they won't link at all to a secondary account like normal. I tried from the app and from the website. I just get a notice that I can't link the tickets because they're "already linked to another account as owner" along with a general error message. I still see them in the owner account (my account; the one that purchased them).

Something is just sideways with Disney IT. Like usual :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!