diy+ villa

Soozeej

Mouseketeer
From reading it seems like a lot of people are booking hotels and flights but just wondered if anyone uses villas and if you are still generally cheaper to book seperately and if anyone has any recomendations for villas?

Hi

This will be our 7th trip this year and our 3rd doing the DIY thing :goodvibes I can recommend the website ownersdirect - we have used them twice with great price. This year we booked with www.adoreflorida.com - personal villa. Se we have done fly drive with virgin and booked ourselves 1 night at Hyatt at MCO, 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel and then 12 nights villa :cool1:

Sx

We always do DIY and stay at www.floridasmiths.com, wouldn't go anywhere else!!

The trouble with villa packages is that you never know the exact villa you will be in, only getting to see pictures of a 'typical' home matching your booked specification. I personally would never stay somewhere i can't see actual pictures, but then i do have a touch of OCD when it comes to planning!!!

We've done DIY n the last 10 trips and wouldn't go any ther way, having looked at the alternatives I'm positive it's cheaper (and IMO better) than a package
We usually use companies like villarentals.com and typically get a lovely 4-5 bed villa for around £1000 for 2.5 weeks ver the summer.

We're VERY picky so take a long while choosing the villa as want something close, with a water view and preferable south, SW or W facing so we get the sun on the pool in the afternoon (very picky!). We typically end up about 15 mins from main gate, sometimes closer. We've never booked a villa 'package' as like to know the specific villa were staying in.

Its all about personal preferences but I personally love the fact we have our 'own' house to chill out at after the parks, and certainly find the local restaurants cheaper and usually better than most hotels.

We are doing DIY for the first time this year. We booked a Virgin fly drive and a villa from the Dibb. It's great being able to choose the villa for ourselves and I've had direct contact with the villa owner and she's been so helpful whenever I've emailed her.
We've also saved quite a bit by booking it ourselves compared to the package prices we've paid over the last few years. I would definitely recommend DIY, go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter