DIY package and luggage tags

epcot.girl

DIS Veteran
Really dumb question here, but we usually book a package with VH. This time we booked everything separately, package with Disney US and flights with VA, and have just realised that we won't be getting luggage tags sent to us :headache:

So, do we just buy our own? Can I get some at the check-in desk at Gatwick? :confused: I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face here!:laughing:

TIA :worship:

you dont actually need them, as long as va but their tags on you should be fine

Really? I didn't even KNOW that! I thought I needed them so that if they went missing, they (the finder) would know where to return it to. Or something along those lines.

when you check the bag in you normally get a sticker that they put on your passport and that will hold all the details that match the bag, so if you loose it they can find all the details from the sticker they attach to your passport

I didnt know this until I worked for VA and now I dont bother with tags at all

Nobody really gives out tags anymore, sometimes you see them at check in desks but I never take them.

The label check in put on your cases will be barcoded so they know which plane to put it on (and if your case goes missing). I just keep a leather tag on mine with contact details in case it went missing.

I dont worry about labels but always put name & address going & coming back inside the case, so if just if label did come off hope they would open case and see my name & address, so not starting holiday with no clothes !!
Although could be good excuse to hit the shops..

( By the way only put name, house no. & postcode in return cases )

I have my own tag on mine which contains nothing but my cell phone number. I very rarely check baggage but figure that would get it returned to me if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter