Diva Las Vegas

Damn....you were more excited about the adult slushies. My ego is down now.

I won't let her look at my farm then. I just got more land, but haven't done anything with it yet.

That sounds like someone needs to invest in a Margaritaville.
I already have one of those!

You are definitely a cougar!!

You know me too well!

Farming and margarita drinking cougars. What am I going to do with you girls. :rolleyes1

I had a stressful day, trying to get back in the work mood and deciding if I want to go back to Vegas. I have a bad headache :confused3

!@)#$*!@#$&*!!! Where's the trip report? :)

I need to sign up for this next time . . .

Common ladies!!!

Get serious here. Where are the goods?:dance3:

I wanna see what I missed out on!! :rolleyes1

popcorn::

Common ladies!!!

Get serious here. Where are the goods?:dance3:

I wanna see what I missed out on!! :rolleyes1

popcorn::

Are you sure you want to SEE it all?? There's some pretty scary stuff in Vegas!! Like firefighters, nakie men (okay, almost nakie, they only wear socks in a very strategic place), drinking, gambling... What else?? Oh, and lots of food!!!

I'm going to post a little of what we did on Saturday since Stacie, our trip report queen, wasn't there that day. I am operating on precious little sleep right now though, so I won't even attempt to be clever or witty. I'll leave that to her. And I'm just telling you now, none of us took pics that day. :rolleyes1

After months of planning this get together with the "Divas" I was so thrilled when Saturday rolled around. It didn't seem real. The plan was to meet up with Deb (jordansmomma) and Theresa (Queenbillabong) who were the only two arriving that day.

I met them in the lobby of the Venetian where they had a room for the night and it was so nice to see them again!! I didn't get to spend much time with either of them on the Disneyland Ladies Only trip so I was really looking forward to it.
We headed up to check out their room. It was one of the newer rooms remodeled to look more like the Palazzo as opposed to the original Venetian blue and gold colors. A very nice room and I could tell they were happy with it. :thumbsup2

I of course left my camera at home so I couldn't take any pics but they both did, so come ladies, post those pics!! I know they were especially thrilled with the tv in the bathroom, and Deb commented it had to be a man who thought of that. ;)

Theresa was kind enough to bring me a little gift as a thank you for planning the trip. Which was sweet but not necessary as everyone had a hand in the planning. But hey, who am I to turn down a gift?? :rotfl:
She gave me a cute bag with all sorts of spa/pedicure items in it, some nail polish in really pretty colors, and the best of all, a pair of flip flops that she had custom made all blinged out using Swarovski crystals!!! :yay: They are so pretty and really comfy too. Thank you so much Theresa. I LOVE them.

After getting settled we decided to walk to the Cheesecake Factory in Caesars for some lunch. Luckily it wasn't too hot out. In fact, the weather was relatively mild all week. We lucked out.
Lunch was good, and the portions were huge! I think it was the first time eating there for both, I know it was for Theresa anyway, and they were a little in awe of the "book" that doubles as a menu. Too many choices. Especially when you are starving.

It was nice to spend some time chatting and catching up. Deb had a gift card for CF and so she said lunch was on her. Thanks!! After lunch we hit the Bath and Body store for the huge sale they were having. I had to leave them then as it was getting late and I needed to go back home to change. We had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera that night.

Originally Cheryl (toocherie) was supposed to arrive this day and join us for the show, but she couldn't make it due to work obligations. (Darn work, always gets in the way of fun!!) Since she couldn't use her ticket, she told me it would be alright to let someone else use it, so after okaying it with Theresa and Deb, I brought along my 12 yr old daughter Noelle. She's seen the movie Phantom of the Opera twice and loves it.

I picked her up (and grabbed my camera this time!!) and we headed back down to the Strip. This is the second time I've seen Phantom at the Venetian and I loved it as much as the first. It's really good, but you have to really like musicals. lol

We all enjoyed the show and after it was over we headed to the Grand Lux cafe for dessert. I went to grab my camera to take some pics and low and behold discovered it was in the car. If you've been to Vegas you know you don't just hop back out to your car to grab something. It's just not that easy, so we have no pics from that evening. :sad2:

I did take this one of the Phantom theater later that week.
100_0496.jpg

Dessert at the Grand Lux was good. Well, at least mine, Noelle's and Theresa's was. I got the Dulce de Leche Caramel cheesecake, Noelle ordered the Banana Cream Pie, so did Theresa. But Deb ordered the Strawberry Shortcake, and after first bringing her the wrong item, they finally brought her's out, only for her to discover the strawberries were very sour. :scared: Poor thing. She really wanted to get her dessert on, and it just wasn't working out for her. lol We promised a dessert do over later in the week (which we did!). At least they took hers off the bill since she didn't eat it.

After dessert it was getting late, they'd had a looooong travel day, and we had more Divas arriving tomorrow, so we said good night and Noelle and I headed back home. It was a nice start to what I knew was going to be a fun and wild week!! :banana:

(BTW, Cheryl, thanks again for letting Noelle use your ticket. She loved it, and talked about it all the next day. And she showed her neighbor friend the program and told her all about it. :goodvibes )

OKay Miss Stacie, take it from here!!! Oh, and Theresa and Deb, post any pics you got of your gorgeous room. :thumbsup2

Are you sure you want to SEE it all?? There's some pretty scary stuff in Vegas!! Like firefighters, nakie men (okay, almost nakie, they only wear socks in a very strategic place), drinking, gambling... What else?? Oh, and lots of food!!!

I'll never forget the firefighters.

Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long

So there I am flying down the 15 on my way to Vegas. Wait a minute, I should back up a bit.

Finally after months of planning and days of packing, the day was here. I was heading to Las Vegas, Sin City, to play for an entire week with the Divas. Could life get any better than this? :goodvibes

So I got up dark and early on Sunday 6/21 to get ready and get my hiney out the door. I should back up a bit and let you all know that the night before we celebrated my brother's birthday and father's day. So not only was I up late, I was up late drinking. And I still needed to pack before bed. As I was finishing the last of my packing Vegas Vacation was showing. It was a sign that the trip was going to be fantastic. Even if it was only half as good as Mr. Papageorgio's trip. ;)

After about 4 hours of sleep I get up and get the last of my stuff done. I pack up the trunk of my car and head out. Everyone made me say bye to them the night before, no one wanted to be up when I left.

My over packed trunk.
ry%3D400

Into my car and said adios to mi casa.

My house.
ry%3D400

By the time I filled my tank up and hit the bank it was almost 6:30am. The freeway was a breeze. For anyone in the area, you know the freeways are never empty. But this morning, no one else was with me on the 91! So for that, I had to put on some praise music and give thanks! :yay:

As I made my way onto the 15 I was in need of a change of music. Something that screamed road trip. What else but my hip hop hits! Nothing better

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in and the Vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo

Before I realize what time it is, I am closing in on state line. Damn, its not even 9am yet. How fast was I going????? Oh well, to late now to worry. I must get to the Venetian to meet up with Debbie and Theresa. Plus, I haven't stopped once since I left the house and I needed to use the facilities in a really bad way.

Would you believe that I was able to drive down the stip without any traffic? Probably because it was only like 9:30 in the morning and everyone was still sleeping. I pull into the Venetian and make my way up to the 5th level to park. Score, a spot near the elevators. :woohoo: I opened my door and the heat hit me like a wall. Seriously? Its early in the day and I am already having to deal with this? Not a good sign.

I rush in (still needing to use the facilities) and make my way to the main part of the hotel. Man, is this place ever confusing. :confused: Instead of going to the area where I thought I was going, I end up in another place. But it was a lucky turn of events since this is where I run into Debbie and Theresa.

Next up.......do Deb and Theresa run and greet me with open arms? And how long is brunch supposed to take?

And so it begins! :cool1:

Brunch would have taken much longer if we'd been eating as much as the table next to us! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more. Glad you got in safely btw, since you were flying and all. ;)

I am so in for this report!:thumbsup2
I want to live it through you to prepare for the trip next year which I will definitely be in.:)

Thanks for the intro on day one Beth, sounds awesome.

I love reading your writing Stacie, so here I sit with baited breath...

Great start! Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter