Distance to MGM

grumpy-duck

Go Donald!
Joined DVC in November and will be taking our first trip to BWV next week. My question involves the distance to MGM. Is this as close as advertised? If it is a 20-25 minute walk that is fine, but longer may not be worth it. Also, is the wald to Epcot pretty short? Lastly, can you get into Epcot on the early opening day through the International Gateway entrance? Sorry about so many questions - just trying to get the answers from members who have stayed there before.

Personally I don't think the walk to MGM is that long. Walking slowly, maybe. I'm a fast walker. But certainly not any longer than that.

Epcot is even closer.

I can't answer your last question from experience but I believe that I've seen other posts here that say you can. I'll let someone else confirm that.

We haven't walked to MGM yet, so can't help you there.

The walk to EPCOT is about 10 minutes, max. We always stayed at the BC, and it was about 5 minutes.

Yes, you can definitely get in to EPCOT through the International Gateway for early entry.

Enjoy your first visit to BWV!! :bounce: :bounce:

It depends upon your outlook (and the strength of your legs) but the walk to MGM is only about 10-15 minutes which is light years faster than the boat.
The only way someone could beat you on the boat is if they boarded at the swan/dolphin pickup at the same time you started walking. We tested our theorys all the time on our visit in May. The boat to MGM is very slow and you have to make all the other stops before they drop you off at MGM and you are also the last to be dropped off on the return to boardwalk.

As for the gateway, yes you can enter on EE mornings and you go to the left past Canada to enter future world. That way it is pretty cool as usually you are mostly alone thru that little bit of world showcase!!
Good Luck!!

We just returned from a stay at BWV and walked to both EPCOT and MGM. Epcot is about a 10 minute walk and MGM took us about 15 minutes. Be sure that you exit out the back side of BWV to go to MGM. If you start at the quiet pool it is a lot shorter than if you have to walk around from the BW. When we walked to MGM we definitely beat the boat. When we left MGM there was a boat already docked at the pier and we still beat it back. By the time that they had unloaded and reloaded they were just pulling up to the Swan and Dolphin as we were entering BWV.

Coming soon...the actual distances.

We were at OKW last week and I had my GPS receiver with me, so just to find out, we walked and measured the actual path distances from OKW to DD, from MGM to BWV, and from BWV to Epcot.

I've got the actual numbers, but they're packed away right now. (We just changed to another resort in S. Florida for a week). I'll try to post the actual numbers along with some photos, later this week.

Meanwhile, the timeframes everyone is giving are pretty accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter