Disneyzell magical christmas cruise 2008-4/7/11:TR from my 8 year old pg 9 COMPLETED!

DSC_0276.jpg
Yup, still brothers.

DSC_0280.jpg
We did some sand castle building...DS6 loves to dig in the sand. He is an expert at it. his favorite is to dig a hole and fill it with water. I have yet to get him to understand that God already did that. it's called the ocean!

DSC_0283.jpg
Another brother pic. I love pictures of them with the Castaway Cay water.

DSC_0285.jpg
Me in a tube. it's a wonder the tube would hold me up. This was a great time. I paddled out and floated around for a long time...just letting the ocean pull me around. this was VERY relaxing, and I highly recommend you either rent a tube (I think it was $6), or wait until later in the day and "borrow" an abandoned one. There are a ton floating around toward the end of the day.

DSC_0288.jpg
DNS11 gets in on the action.

DSC_0296.jpg
Do I even need to say why I posted this one?

DSC_0292.jpg
The wonderful Magic. Oh how I miss her.

Around 3:00 we decided to head back to the ship. One advantage of having another dip is that you didn't feel like you had to stay until the very end. Plus we had formal night and we knew we had to get all gussied up (another fun word by the way). AND, the Patriots were on TV, so we needed to check that out. We stopped by the store and purchased our t-shirts, and Connor purchased a stuffed stingray. Our money well spent we headed back to the ship...used the wipes to get rid of the nasty germs from the island and headed onto the ship. Naturally we had to send all of our stuff through a scanner, just in case, on Disney's Private Island, we managed to pick up a gun...or something. OK, Ok, I know it's there to keep us safe. But if I can't pick on Disney, who will???

We stopped by Diversions to see that the Patriots were killing Arizona (who by the way is now doing very well. So if Arizona wins the super bowl, I assume that the Patriots also won. it's my warped way of thinking. Bearfan, I think you can relate to this). They had some chips, salsa and Jalapeños. They didn't have any cheese sauce which was very disappointing. They said it would be along later.

Needless to say the wind was blowing and there was a bunch of snow accumulated on the sideline. That's what we would have been dealing with (and are now dealing with since we are at home!). So I think we had the better end of that deal! DW headed back to the room while the boys and I watched some more football. The Patriots won (yeah!), and we needed the Jets and Dolphins to lose also. Those pesky Dolphins won...but the jets game was just getting underway. I watched a bit of that, and eventually some cheese sauce did make its way out and so I had to enjoy that. Yes, I know...Palo...so I only had a little bit

Finally it was time to go back to the room to get ready. We all took our turn in the shub (not quite a shower, not quite a tub) and got squeaky clean. Both boys and I were in Tuxedos. I rented mine from a company that delivered it right to my stateroom. I had to sign my life away to assure everyone that I got it. What a great thing. Rather than having to bring yet another item with me, get it pressed, etc. I had it delivered. Well worth the expense, and it was fun to get dressed up on the ship.

We headed out to...wait for it...take pictures! Again, hard to believe I know.

DSC_0298.jpg
Our family in the atrium

DSC_0299.jpg
The boys

DSC_0303.jpg
The boys again...note that DS6 seems to have something in his eyes. Let me explain about Connor. He is a drama queen. He can burst into tears if you look at him wrong...and can turn it off just as fast. He has the largest tears...it's amazing. In this picture he is crying because we told him he wasn't smiling very well (which he wasn't. Normally he has a great smile, see earlier pictures). He of course disagreed. I think we had some cranky going on.

DSC_0309.jpg
DS6 kind of got himself together

DSC_0318.jpg
The boys in the porthole. So...at this point I noticed that the flash gave me a ghost image. How cool I thought. Why not be artsy!

DSC_0319.jpg
DS10 and his reflection

DSC_0321.jpg
DS6 and his reflection

DSC_0323.jpg
DS10 and baby-cakes and their reflections

DSC_0324.jpg
I think you get the idea

sorry about all the pictures. I'm going to have to split this thing into 5 posts probably. You see, I write it all out, then copy it into Word (let it correct my horrific spelling), and then paste back a little at a time. It's a good idea for all you aspiring trip report writers!

As you already know, we had Palo that night...but we did need to feed the kids...so we went back to another torture session...er...dinner with our server. I believe we were in Parrot Cay, my least favorite restaurant. Though others in our party would disagree. :)

DSC_0329.jpg
DS10 and DNS11 looking great!

DSC_0330.jpg
DND8 and DS6 looking good too. Note the hair. DND8 spent quite the amount of time on the island getting her hair done. It had to be painful. But then again, that's why I'm not a woman...i could never take the pain!

DSC_0331.jpg
DW and DNW looking pretty

DSC_0334.jpg
The Men. Need I say more? :scared1:

DSC_0336.jpg
All of us together

We finished dinner...took the kids back so they could change and it was up to the sports deck for 3 of them...and DS6 went to the lab. We had decided before the cruise that we would let DS10 and DNS11 check themselves in and out of their group. They had some strict rules...they were to page us with where they were going if they left...and if they left that spot they were to go back to the room and write on the board where they were going next. The rule was that if we went to where they said they were and they were not there...they would lose privileges. We also gave some other rules (no elevator and no running). We just didn't want our kids to get that bad reputation that some kids get onboard.

With the kids all checked in it was time for Palo! I love Palo. The food, the service..it's worth every extra penny it costs. We had Lara from England as our server. At first she wasn't that great, but she warmed up VERY quickly...and we really enjoyed her. She shared a lot of stories about the crew and their various celebrations. Her group would have a Christmas party in Palo...they would rearrange things so they could have a good time...and of course that was all after the guests go to sleep (for the most part), so midnight, 1 or 2am! I can only imagine how tired they must be. Her stories were great...and I love to hear about how the crew live. I honestly thing they should do a tour down in the crew sections. Naturally they would never do this...and it would be inconvenient to the crew so I understand that...but I do find it interesting!

So no food pictures...we did that the last time...but not this time!

DW and I had Calamari (yum), and I also had the Tuna. Both were unbelievable. The Tuna I wasn't sure about. It was sliced really, really thin and had lemon over it. It tasted so good. Dw and I both had the Filet Mignon...also excellent. We all had the chocolate soufflé. I also had the Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato and split tiramisu with DNW. Yeah, I ate like a pig. But what else do you do at Palo's???

At the end Lara brought over a plate with "Happy Birthday" written on it in chocolate.

DSC_0338.jpg
We stole the plate back to our room to take a picture.

This was a surprise to all of us. I HAD called and put on our reservation that we would want to celebrate DW's birthday (which is on 12/29) on Christmas night. Obviously Palo saw that and decided to join in...which was pretty cool.

So that ended our first time to Palo on the cruise (we had Brunch the next morning (whoa...that's a lot of eating). We headed back to change because we wanted to go see the hypnotist. DS10 and DNS11 were back in the cabins. DS10 wanted to go watch Sunday Night football on the big screen so we told him he could do that. DS11 was tired and didn't want to go. This would be Nick's first adventure on his own. I figured he was ready for it.

We went and checked on DS6 in the club (the moved at some point). He looked like he was having fun so we didn't disturb him. We went to check to see that DS10 was settled on-deck and talked with him for a bit. Since he was alone we decided to get him an arcade card. We gave that to him to play with a bit...he was very excited about that (we don't do the arcade thing in general...so this was a treat).

We met in Diversions to play cards for a bit with DN's. Hearts is our game...we play it Friday Nights frequently when at home....it gets quite competitive. Hard to believe I know.

Then it was on to the show in Rockin' Bar D. The last time we cruised we never did any of the adult things (well, ok, I think we did one, but that was it.). this time we were determined to do some of that stuff. They had the band on when we arrived at 10. We saw 15 minutes of that and then it was time for the hypnotist. I can't remember his name, and just searched around to try to find our cruise stuff to see who it was. But no luck. Hopefully one of the folks who was also on the cruise can enlighten my brain as DW didn't write it down!

The show was great. He was funny..and got about 10 folks on stage to be hypnotized. Throughout the program he would have them do different things. I don't want to go into too much detail in case you have the chance to see it live. DW and I disagreed on if the people were truly hypnotized...and we would get more details on that later in the cruise (there I go again). Either way I found it very entertaining and very funny, so I can't complain. He was going to do a family show later in the cruise...and we knew we would be going to that!

The show ended at 11...time to gather the kids. We went and got DS6 who had fallen fast asleep in the club on a mat. He gets this cute confused look when you wake him up from a deep sleep...and he did that here. We carried him back. I went up to find Nick. He ended up on the sports deck playing dodgeball in the dark. It looked like he was having a great time. I let him finish the game...and then we headed back to bed.

DSC_0337.jpg
Our towel animal for the night.

That's it for today...whew!

next up: Chapter 7: Day at sea!

until then...go make someone's day!

Wow, I must have amnesia as I don't remember the stringray freakin out event...oh, wait a minute, I have not taken my cruise yet, it's in 7 weeks...BUT that could have very well been me! Last cruise we took I was in the water near the stringray lagoon and one escaped or should I say that he is the CM's pet...seems they name them! anyways I freaked out and then had a barracuda follow me...I couldn't get out of the water fast enough!
DSC00725.jpg

Funny thing is Hallmark decided a year or so ago to come out with these singing cards...Well, same reaction! I got a Cinderella card from my DH and it scared the crap out of me...I opened it, heard it talking and flung it across the room...my heart pounding! I'm a Nana, don't do that to me!

Your report is fantastic and it brings back so many memories from Feb. 2008 when the Patriots played (and lost) the superbowl...we were on that cruise and I might add we Patriot fans were in the minority! Boo

p.s. we got off the Magic and 3 days later our DGD 'Maya' was born..isn't she cute!

You have some really super pictures of your boys! Your pictures capture the disney magic perfectly. Each picture I see, just reminds me of our last cruise. Thank you for sharing!;)

Wow, I must have amnesia as I don't remember the stringray freakin out event...oh, wait a minute, I have not taken my cruise yet, it's in 7 weeks...BUT that could have very well been me! Last cruise we took I was in the water near the stringray lagoon and one escaped or should I say that he is the CM's pet...seems they name them! anyways I freaked out and then had a barracuda follow me...I couldn't get out of the water fast enough!

Funny thing is Hallmark decided a year or so ago to come out with these singing cards...Well, same reaction! I got a Cinderella card from my DH and it scared the crap out of me...I opened it, heard it talking and flung it across the room...my heart pounding! I'm a Nana, don't do that to me!

Your report is fantastic and it brings back so many memories from Feb. 2008 when the Patriots played (and lost) the superbowl...we were on that cruise and I might add we Patriot fans were in the minority! Boo

p.s. we got off the Magic and 3 days later our DGD 'Maya' was born..isn't she cute!

Ack! that sounds like an interesting adventure. now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't really trying to make fun of the woman (well, ok, maybe a little :rolleyes1 ) It was very impressive that she actually tried and didn't leave altogether. Clearly she intended to go through with it one way or the other.

Not many Patriots fans when we walked in, either...although it was a different situation. I'm sure you took some razzing when they lost last year...so very sad! perfect season down the drain!

and yes...Maya is a cutie :) I'm sure your proud. Thanks for the note! :thumbsup2

You have some really super pictures of your boys! Your pictures capture the disney magic perfectly. Each picture I see, just reminds me of our last cruise. Thank you for sharing!;)

me too...and it's so sad. Especially since tomorrow night it is supposed to be 7 BELOW zero. whoa...that's cold! I do ok in the cold...but that is just insane! thanks for writing! :)

Thanks for another great post...your camera takes beautiful pictures, or maybe its the photographer, anyway great pics. Looking forward to reading more. Marci

O. . . M. . . G. . .!!!!!!! What a great report. You are just so entertaining. I absolutely love all the pictures of your family and your writing style. Your boys are so handsome and your wife is beautiful. I can't wait for your next update. Thank you so much for sharing your trip!!!!!

Thanks for another great post...your camera takes beautiful pictures, or maybe its the photographer, anyway great pics. Looking forward to reading more. Marci

Thanks Marci. I'm thinking it's the camera. We love it! :thumbsup2

Wonderful pix!! Looks like you had a fabulous time!!!:)

But ultimately anything is better than sitting in the snow...I have to say that Disney does it right... :cool1:

O. . . M. . . G. . .!!!!!!! What a great report. You are just so entertaining. I absolutely love all the pictures of your family and your writing style. Your boys are so handsome and your wife is beautiful. I can't wait for your next update. Thank you so much for sharing your trip!!!!!

Thank you, thank you. Comments like that early you alot of points, and another chapter! Here it comes!

thanks again all, I really do appreciate the comments, nice to know that people are actually reading...and not falling asleep. :lmao:

As I'm sure you all have been wondering, we are surviving the deep freeze that has settled into New Hampshire. We are saving on electricity by shutting down the refrigerators and freezers. the freezer stuff is out back in the snow and the refrigerator stuff is in the garage.

just kidding. But it is that cold. Officially it is 9 degrees outside right now. When I drove DS10 to school the temperature on the car red -20. yes, -20. crazy. I guess the official temp was around -4 or something. We have a four season porch which leads to the side yard where Harley does his thing. the porch isn't heated unless I turn on the pellet stove. This morning I had bare feet when I let him out and by the time he did his thing my feet actually hurt it was so cold.

When we went out to the bus this morning for DS6 my nose froze every time I took a breath. Ah, life in New England! The weird part is that it's actually beautiful outside...the sun is shining the day is bright. We have at least one inch of solid ice on our driveway. Soon I'll be selling ice skating spots for the neighbors. Earn a little money for my next Disney Cruise! :thumbsup2

OH, and I’m much faster now. I had to buy a new router…mine decided that being slow was good. Everything took FOREVER to load. Actually I think Comcast made a change of some sort to their equipment as our neighbors had a similar issue. But I’m now high tech with my Wireless-N router…so life is good for me!

But as usual I digress. Where were we? Oh yeah, asleep. When we woke up it was Day #1 at sea and Monday. Monday on the cruise is a sad day for me. Why, you ask? (well, maybe you didn't ask, but seeing as this is my story I get to tell you anyway. That's an added bonus and I will not charge you for it!). For some reason after the weekend is over it seems as if the cruise is almost over. I know, I know, I have 5 days to go, but for some reason it all seems to go faster after the first two days. So remember people that I'm dealing with depression here!

DW woke up early again (6:15 according to her handy-dandy journal!). She went out onto the balcony and read. Note that there is no sunrise picture for this day. Ahem. I don't like to assign blame, but it's her fault! :rolleyes1

The boys and I, however, continued to snooze. The last cruise I frequently got up and joined DW on the balcony. I didn't feel the need this time...sleep took priority. Could it be that we have been married so long that I don't need the alone time? or could it be that I was sick?

STOP IT, I was sick. Don't try to get my in trouble with DW!

ahem. Anyway, we took the kids upstairs for breakfast at Topsiders. Today was Palo Brunch day (thank god, I was starving. all this non-eating was killing me). We grabbed them food, and of course I grabbed some bacon and syrup (yum), but nothing else as I wanted to save myself for the gluttony that was yet to come.

Shortly thereafter it was time for the DIS meet ornament exchange! Woohoo! That started at 9:30 and was organized by Bearfan (Thanks Bearfan! :wave2: ). She did a great job. She lined the gifts up on the bar and had everyone pick a number. Then one by one we all picked. We got to the end and there was no gift for Bearfan.

What the?

:sad:

just not right! she organized it...and no ornament? So we all talk a bit about what to do (clearly the lead person HAS to have an ornament) when a random lady walks up and hands her a gift. This was one of those moments when you shake your head and wonder what the $&#*(@ (sorry about the profanity, but a couple years ago I read a book by Stephen King ("On Writing") and HE says that while you don't have to use a lot of profanity, there are times when it fits. I know, I know, it's a family board, but He IS the expert, and I didn't actually write the profanity, just a bunch of characters from the keyboard. Really people, let's all relax here, but I digress).

So some random lady apparently walked up, seeing people grab a gift she grabbed one for herself thinking they were for anyone. They were waiting in line (I'm guessing for the character breakfast). Thankfully she gave it back so we didn't have to worry about what to do. Whew. I'm telling you, you never know what might happen on the Magic :lmao: .

Bearfan also put together a digital scavenger hunt. She had identified a bunch of things to take pictures of which would bring you to areas of the ship you might not otherwise go. It was a very cool list, and of course I didn't know where any of them were (typical). I do want to thank her and her hubby for putting it together though, I'm sure it was a lot of work.

Once we were done with the ornament exchange we went through the atrium and WHOA! They are about to start Mr. Toad's Wild Race! In this race there are 4 wooden frogs on strings. You have to pull it toward you which raises the frog and then let the string go and the frog actually moves forward. You continue to do this until it reaches the finish point on the string.

All the kids wanted to play...so we signed them up. DS6, DNS11 and DND8 all won their first race (unfortunately DS10 did not, and he was crushed. He kept harassing the guy running the thing to let him go again. He is VERY persistent...and stubborn. Don't know where he got that from :confused3 .)

It was on to the semi-final round. DS6 and DND8 went up against each other. DS6 came out on top. DNS11 didn't win his round. So it was Connor in the finals. Lots of build up...you could cut the tension with a knife. The race was off and unfortunately DS6 lost. Not by much...his frog flipped over which didn't help. I'm not sure, but I think it was all fixed. I saw some money changing hands between the parent and the guy running it...I can't PROVE anything....but I'm just sayin' :rolleyes1 ha ha!

Anyway, the kids had fun. These little events are a kick...and I recommend doing them. The kids typically get something (a ribbon or whatever). Connor's ribbon was the beginning of what would turn out to be quite the winning streak for our family on the cruise. Not that I'm bragging because that would be wrong.

Anyhoo....time to go back to the room to change into proper attire for Palo. Our reservie was for 11am, and we were very much looking forward to it. We plopped Connor into the club where he was going to make Flubber. DS11, DNS11 and DND8 were all goign to their club for Goofy's World Records. I have no idea what that is, but it couldn't have been that great as they didn't exactly talk about it for hours after!

Then it was on to Palo. So I was waiting to see what DNH would come dressed in. He is one of those "I'm on vacation" guys who doesn't want to get dressed up. When we last saw him he had shorts on...I was curious if he would get away with that in Palo. BUT, he arrived in slacks. DNW talked him into changing at the last minute. :) True to form, however, he DID have flip flops on. Always the rebel.

So we had Lara again from England. That was very cool. She approached us at the end of dinner and asked... she was great so it wasn't a problem for us. We had that happen the last time we were on the cruise, but the guy wasn't quite as good. So that can be uncomfortable, and of course what can you say? "No, you suck, so we don't want you". And he didn't suck...that would be way to harsh.

Ahem. Anyway, Lara was great, taking us around and showing us all of the things that we could try, and all of the breakfasts. They like you to hit the buffet portion first (although unlike ANY buffet you will ever see. All kinds of cool things like Salmon Mouse, and Caviar. they also have a great selection of different types of cheeses and breads...yum, yum, yum. Now I'm hungry). Once your done with that you can order egg dishes and pancakes. I had the Eggs Benedict that's made with smoked salmon and isn't called eggs Benedict (but you get the idea). If you do brunch, listen to your server, they won't steer you wrong. Everything she suggested was fabulous. Definitely try the Pizza's! And the Salmon Mouse. and the deserts. Well, it's all good.

I've seen people ask on the boards about what is the best at Palo's, dinner or brunch. I honestly think they both have advantages. Dinner is like anything you would find at a fine dining restaurant with better service. Brunch has many unique items to choose from and try, and because most of it is a buffet you enjoy at your pace. I wouldn't WANT to pick between the two...but if I had to I'd say brunch is the place to be if you will only do one. There, you made me do it!

After brunch we grabbed the kids and went back to change. I took them up to deck 9 to get some lunch (for some reason I wasn't hungry. Hmmmm). DW went to deliver our pirate Fish Extender gifts. Yup, multiple gifts. DW is so good at this stuff it's scary. We are planning to go to WDW in February (if I could figure out how to do one of those countdown clocks I'd do it), and she is diving right in. I imagine that trip will be as thought out and enjoyable as the cruise because she just does everything!

At 1:30 Connor was going back into the club. He is a HUGE Stitch fan, and it was time for Stitch's great adventure. So I dropped him off there and DS10 and DNS11 headed out to do the digital scavenger hunt.

Now it was time for one of my must do's on the cruise. DW and I grabbed our books and headed to deck 4 to sit on the comfy padded chairs and overlook the ocean while reading, and maybe take a nap. OK, so the nap didn't happen, but it was very relaxing. The weird part is that sitting there you could be at a hotel or whatever, overlooking the ocean. Except, of course, for the fact that your moving. But it is a fairly surreal thing to do, and very relaxing.

DW had trouble sitting still, and it wasn't long before she headed out to go get Connor from the club. She then went to watch DS10, DNS11, and DND8 compete in the Mickey 2000 (it's a vegetable car race. your given potatoes and carrots and a few other things to make a car which is supposed to race down a track. It's a joint parent/kid thing. I didn't even know they were doing this, but, hey, I was doing one of my bucket list items for the cruise! :)

DSC_0003-1.jpg
DNS11 is on the right of the track, DND8 is on the left. DS10 is the one with his back to us wearing his brand new orange castaway cay shirt!

DSC_0011.jpg
DND8 holding her vegetable car

Again, these events are cool. I'd love to tell you all about it, but I wasn't there, so I have no idea. I do know that the cars built didn't do that well, and that DS10 and DS11's car didn't even move. Ooops! :)

So now I'll bet your wondering what DNW was doing during all of this?

DSC_0012.jpg
Taking care of her own bucket list. Hi Kim!

I finally caught up with everyone back at the room changing into swimming suits. it was time to hit the upper decks.

First thing first, we had to play some foosball. I think we played 500 games of foosball throughout the cruise. I'm not sure why this was so exciting, but it was a lot of fun, and we did many different combinations of bigger kids and little kids and Moms and Dads. Again...no competitiveness in this family...but I won most of the time and had everyone complaining about my spin drop into the game.

By this time the ship was starting to rock pretty good. I think this was really the first time in the cruises we had taken that the ship moves as much as it did, fortunately none of us got seasick...but it was pretty interesting. Because the ship was moving so much, the pool became a wave pool. we had kids who were hanging on the sides and the pool would slosh away, and then come back and push them up. They really enjoyed it...and frankly it looked like fun. Ah, if only I was young again.

the only bad thing that happened was to DS10. My children have this thing that they do. They put things down. a lot. Who knows why they have to do this, but it could be lanyards, hats, or whatever. When it is inconvenient, they can't just leave the thing alone, they have to put it down. So DS10 didn't need his goggles on because he was in the Goofy Wave Pool. So what does he do? Puts them on the ledge....the next big wave comes along...and whoosh, the goggles go down underneath the decking they pull out for the parties. Bummer! you could see them, but they were so far back there was no way to reach them. We tried talking to some maintenance guys, but no luck. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't try, they even brought over a skimming net like they were going to give that a shot...but they decided not to for whatever reason. So no more goggles for the rest of the trip...one of two major lessons my 10 year old would learn on the cruise. the other one will come later!

So that night was Pirate Night! (see, I told you that everything was squished together!). We love pirate night. The first cruise we didn't really have anything to dress in. The second we did a bit better, but this time we planned over a year in advance and hit the Target after Halloween sales and picked up a bunch of stuff. DS6 and I were both Jack Sparrow want-a-be's, and Nick was a character from Pirates 3 with barnacles all over him. It also had a mask, but that just didn't work for what we were trying to do.

So we headed back to get our pirate stuff on. We got all decked out and it was time to get pictures! Yes, I know, you haven't had a lot of pics in this report, but that is about to change!

Mickeypirate.jpg
Our official Magic picture with Pirate Mickey. If you’re going to take this to be printed (as a keepsake of your visit here to my trip report) make sure you print out the shutters release form :lmao:

minniepirate.jpg
And of course Minnie

DSC_0019.jpg
our neighbors with Pirate Mickey

DSC_0022.jpg
and of course Minnie

DSC_0341.jpg
This was just a cool pic

DSC_0344.jpg
us and Captain Jack. Captain Jack is the one in the middle (in case you thought I was Captain Jack, a common mistake)

Off to dinner in Lumierre's. I'm sure I spelled that wrong, am hoping that spell check catches it, but if it doesn't, please forgive me. Again, you get what you pay for!

Dinner was decent. We all ate well as usual. Toby sucked...as usual. Well, ok, sucked is a harsh word, he was just uninspiring. He takes forever in everything he does. Nadja started to come around though. She was starting to figure out that she should bring extra diet cokes, so that sped up...and she started doing crayon tricks for the kids (I don't remember exactly, but she would put them down in a certain order and say things like "move 3 crayons to make a picture of the moon" (not the actual thing...I don't remember I said!)). The kids enjoyed that and it was a bit more like what we expected which was nice.

Now it was off to the show. I see from my wife's handy-dandy journal that the name of the Hypnotist is Rick Calvin. or Kalvin. or Ricky Calvin. something like that. I could go back and fix the trip report...but if your still reading your all set, and if someone doesn't make it this far...too bad for them!

Again he was great. This was the family show, but not really that different than the adult show. Same gig, he brought a bunch on stage and hypnotized them. He made them do funny things. The best part about him is he seemed to know when someone was faking and he would quickly send them packing. that was quite an impressive thing. One of the guys was from right by us and he was there with his daughter. We talked to him later and he was definitely under...he knew what he was doing but it didn't matter. the guy made everyone sing a Hannah Montana song and this guy said he didn't even know he knew that song. Pretty cool. anyway, if you get the chance, I really recommend this one...it was very entertaining.

After the show it was time to go up to the deck party by Goofy's pool (no goggles). It's a big show they put on...all the characters are involved, and naturally Mickey saves the day. So that's pretty cool, but pales in comparison to the fireworks display. In the middle of the ocean. Man, oh man, only Disney would figure out a way to make that happen. The display was impressive and really fun to watch. Again, when you consider your in the middle of the ocean, that's even more amazing! Another bit of Disney Magic (pun intended!).

After the show we hit the Pirate Buffet. I had intended to have a turkey leg because they have them there, but I was stuffed from dinner. The kids got a couple of sweet things and some chocolate which we sat and ate and we relaxed for a bit longer on deck. Then it was back to the room.

DSC_0346.jpg
An elephant to end the day

Day 3 was done...and a great one it was. I personally love the sea days...almost as much as...well, you will have to wait to find out!

Up next: Chapter 8: Cozumel...or was it?

Now, go make someone's day! :)

and again it ends.

i'd wait until the whole thing is done but you've got me sitting on the edge of my seat.

i'm sooooo excited to go on the wonder in may.

glad toby won't be there ;)

Then one by one we all picked. We got to the end and there was no gift for Bearfan.

Was that funny or what?!? I guess she figured that Disney was just randomly handing out wrapped gifts! I mean, it's Christmas right? Thanks for the kind words about the exchange and the scavenger hunt. I had fun putting them together. I came up with a different idea for our next cruise. I think I'll have 10 pictures and then you'll have to go around the ship and find where they're located. Kind of a backwards scavenger hunt. That and I'd definitely think about doing a digital hunt for parents and one just for kids. But I've got lots of time to plan now with no firm travel plans. Sure you couldn't convince DW that a two week Transatlantic trip could be educational enough? I used to teach fifth grade, I'm sure I could come up with enough fun assignments to keep the two DSs occupied!

Stay Warm! (It was -25 here last night)

LM

You know what I'm enjoying the best about this trip report? The fact that we've been home for three weeks now which seems like forever, but reading your trip report installments is extending our weeklong cruise into a month-or-more!

We, too, felt like once it got to Monday that things started going too fast. The first few days felt like multiple-days-in-one, but then wham - it was suddenly time to get off the ship.

We didn't have our character breakfast til Friday; if we'd had it early in the week, we might would've gone to it, but Monday was the last morning I woke up early (I was on our verandah around the same time as your DW - only I *did* get a sunrise picture - it was the only sunrise I saw, though, and no one else in my family saw one - hee hee).

I have to echo the shout-out to BearFan for the planning and organization for the ornament exchange and digital scavenger hunt!

And last comment for this time -- love love loved that snickers ice cream on Castaway Cay on Sunday and I was disappointed they didn't have it again when we went for our second dip.

We were on that Superbowl cruise too last year. But we were among the Giants fans, sorry!

DisneyZell I am loving your report...keep it coming!

hail fellow cruiser, i have to return the favor and get in on your thread. great report, i give it two thumbs up, or read it if ebert doesn't allow me to say that.

i know how that life thing gets in the way and have gotten back to updating my report. i also know a little about that freezing rain stuff you referenced as we tend to get more of that and sleet than snow like ya'll do. it is pretty until the trees start to break. as i mentioned in my report we ran away from that stuff on the day we left for florida as well. it was nice to get where we could put the shorts back on.

We were on that Superbowl cruise too last year. But we were among the Giants fans, sorry!

We were standing over by the Internet Cafe and everytime I cheered for the Patriots I got alot of boo's. So after a while we decided to skip the potential 'knockout' from some 'other' fans and find something else to do...eat! It was worth it too. All good things must come to an end...and the Patriots were no different last year.

and again it ends.

i'd wait until the whole thing is done but you've got me sitting on the edge of my seat.

i'm sooooo excited to go on the wonder in may.

glad toby won't be there ;)

Sorry, it has to end sometime! Unfortunately it will be next weekend before I can plunk in another chapter. :sad2: But alas, it will come, I promise!

Was that funny or what?!? I guess she figured that Disney was just randomly handing out wrapped gifts! I mean, it's Christmas right? Thanks for the kind words about the exchange and the scavenger hunt. I had fun putting them together. I came up with a different idea for our next cruise. I think I'll have 10 pictures and then you'll have to go around the ship and find where they're located. Kind of a backwards scavenger hunt. That and I'd definitely think about doing a digital hunt for parents and one just for kids. But I've got lots of time to plan now with no firm travel plans. Sure you couldn't convince DW that a two week Transatlantic trip could be educational enough? I used to teach fifth grade, I'm sure I could come up with enough fun assignments to keep the two DSs occupied!

Stay Warm! (It was -25 here last night)

LM

I think the picture scavenger hunt is a great idea...and a great way to get fired up about your cruise! no go on the repo cruises, I tried (you can ask DW). Westbound wouldn't work because the kids are in school, and both of our boys play football (I'm a coach and vice president of the board, DW is team mom for two teams typically, so we have just a tad going on). I did try to talk her into eastbound. It was a good deal, around 7k before the discount for category 6. I'd love to take a cruise like that, what, 4 days at sea in a row, 5? Crazy fun! :) Thanks for the note.

You know what I'm enjoying the best about this trip report? The fact that we've been home for three weeks now which seems like forever, but reading your trip report installments is extending our weeklong cruise into a month-or-more!

We, too, felt like once it got to Monday that things started going too fast. The first few days felt like multiple-days-in-one, but then wham - it was suddenly time to get off the ship.

We didn't have our character breakfast til Friday; if we'd had it early in the week, we might would've gone to it, but Monday was the last morning I woke up early (I was on our verandah around the same time as your DW - only I *did* get a sunrise picture - it was the only sunrise I saw, though, and no one else in my family saw one - hee hee).

I have to echo the shout-out to BearFan for the planning and organization for the ornament exchange and digital scavenger hunt!

And last comment for this time -- love love loved that snickers ice cream on Castaway Cay on Sunday and I was disappointed they didn't have it again when we went for our second dip.

holy cow that ice cream was good. The cookie dough is good too, but not nearly as good! I wish they had ice cream like that on the ship! but then again, it would be empty alot. :lmao:

Thanks for writing! and for reading of course!

Ahem. Giants fan, eh? Guess I don't really have the ability to limit who reads it...but by continuing to read you DO show you have some taste...so you can't be all bad. :rolleyes1

hail fellow cruiser, i have to return the favor and get in on your thread. great report, i give it two thumbs up, or read it if ebert doesn't allow me to say that.

i know how that life thing gets in the way and have gotten back to updating my report. i also know a little about that freezing rain stuff you referenced as we tend to get more of that and sleet than snow like ya'll do. it is pretty until the trees start to break. as i mentioned in my report we ran away from that stuff on the day we left for florida as well. it was nice to get where we could put the shorts back on.

yup, I remember reading that in yours. We have moved off of ice and onto snow. if we keep getting snow like we have we might break a record. I don't mind it, but unfortunately I travel alot, and DW is left snowblowing the driveway. Let's just say she doesn't enjoy that. :crazy2:

We were standing over by the Internet Cafe and everytime I cheered for the Patriots I got alot of boo's. So after a while we decided to skip the potential 'knockout' from some 'other' fans and find something else to do...eat! It was worth it too. All good things must come to an end...and the Patriots were no different last year.

As you have already seen and will continue to see, I agree with you on the eating part 100%! and last year it was all jealousy until those lucky Giants came along. They strung 3 really lucky plays right in a row. Crazy! but the Pats gave it away. What can you do? :)

Well, thank you all again for the kind words, keep 'em coming! I'm travelling this week, so no additional chapter until this weekend. Sorry! :)

Well, thank you all again for the kind words, keep 'em coming! I'm travelling this week, so no additional chapter until this weekend. Sorry! :)

In other words, DW's journal is at home and you are not. :rotfl2:

Great report, by the way. Entertains us poor smucks who don't have any firm plans to board the ships any time soon. The dates below my siggie are wishful bookings. :rolleyes2

Good luck with the snow..... they are starting to forecast the possibility again here. We don't do snow.....

In other words, DW's journal is at home and you are not. :rotfl2:

Great report, by the way. Entertains us poor smucks who don't have any firm plans to board the ships any time soon. The dates below my siggie are wishful bookings. :rolleyes2

Good luck with the snow..... they are starting to forecast the possibility again here. We don't do snow.....

Ahem...well...yeah, that might have something to do with it. Now, note that you can't really slam me for stealing directly from her journal...I have been very up front about how I have been repurposing her journalistic talents!

:thumbsup2

I like dreams, by the way...they are what keep us together. just ask DW how many times I have suggested that we should do the eastbound repo...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!