wildlodger

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Historically speaking, does Disney do FerryTale cruises or MK Firework dessert parties on New Year’s Eve? Or are the enchanting extras off the table for NYE?

Thanks!

Our family has done NYE many times. It is so chaotic for MK fireworks. We discovered the beaches at the Polynesian Resort. Piped in music. Way less crowds. Free. We make our own dessert party with a NY toast. Way more manageable exit at end of night. We lucked out once and got a restaurant fireworks seating at the seafood restaurant at the Grand Floridian once but we like this so much, we no longer even try.

Thanks for posting a question on NYE! We are contemplating our first NYE trip this year. As some background, we live in FL (1.5 hrs from WDW) are AP and DVC and go to WDW often. We try to avoid the high crowd times but to be honest, it does not seem like there is ever a really down time anymore! We just returned from our first Easter weekend there and it was not as bad as we anticipated but also heard from Cast Members they thought it was light. Only time we went to WDW for NYE was 1999 when it turned to 2000 and we were at EPCOT (before kids!) That was crazy as we had to get in the park by noon or so or risk being shut out. I assume that still happens with the crowds on NYE? Would love any and all feedback about this time of year. We would just go for a few days around NYE and already have DVC room booked but still wondering if this is something we want to do. Any input is appreciated!!!

When was the last time you went to Poly Beach on a NYE ?
I think they might limit it on major holidays to resort guests only.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngl

When was the last time you went to Poly Beach on a NYE ?
I think they might limit it on major holidays to resort guests only.
I've heard you have to have a dining reservation and then show it to a cast member to get on the beach. I don't know if lunch counts or if it's only dinner, though.

I've heard you have to have a dining reservation and then show it to a cast member to get on the beach. I don't know if lunch counts or if it's only dinner, though.
Last year, Poly resort guests were given wristbands to gain beach fireworks access. Same for 4th of July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter