Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m so excited to see the YC post-refurb! We’ve only stayed at the BC up to now.

There wasn’t much recent refurb to YC. The rooms were done in 2017. They were the first to go to the hard flooring & limited theming. The lobby was redone (painted) in late 2021 I think. Last year, there was restoration type work done on the exterior. But nothing major there in years.

Last edited:
There wasn’t much recent refurb to YC. The rooms were done in 2017-18. They were the first to go to the hard flooring & limited theming. The lobby was redone in late 2021 I think. Last year, there was restoration type work done on the exterior. But nothing major there in years.
Whomp whomp. I was hoping it would be nice and fresh. No matter, still super excited for our first stay.

I think the biggest recent change is the new furniture & rugs in the lobby. (I think they also change the paint in the lobby to a lighter/brighter blues & whites compared the darker creams and tans of the past). The lobby looks really nice.
Love blues and whites, so clean and crisp!

My husband likes to sit at a table, so we usually sit at what I call tree island if we get there early enough to get a table. If those tables are gone, we will sit at the tables near the sandy pool at the YC end of SAB. Tree island is right by the YC exit gate, in front of the Yachtsman, and it is nice and centrally located. I know that the tables near the BC exit are popular, but that area is a little congested and you can only see the volleyball pool rather than the broader panorama of tree island or the YC side. :)

You can also keep looking for a cabana. They do open up when people cancel.
Thank you Wood Nymph. Exactly the information I was looking for.
Except for the keep calling part. I had told the wife there was no need to keep calling. No way anyone would cancel. I got a big old “See. I told you so.” So I’ll be calling 😂😂😂

We just booked an 11-night stay at YC SV from 8/2-8/13, with 3 adults, and 2 kids. Are we guaranteed the 5th sleeper? And what is a typical "standard view" room like? Thx!!!!

We just booked an 11-night stay at YC SV from 8/2-8/13, with 3 adults, and 2 kids. Are we guaranteed the 5th sleeper? And what is a typical "standard view" room like? Thx!!!!
We had the sleeper sofa in the last 2 standard view rooms we've had at Yacht (one Club, one regular). The room was located at the front of the hotel, overlooking the Portico. Didn't hear much noise as far as I recall.

Going through old photos - attaching a view from the balcony back in '16.

Attachments

• DSCF2953.JPG
    DSCF2953.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 14
With a party of 5, yes, they'll assign you to a room with the daybed in addition to the 2 queens.

Room tour here:

Standard view could be of a dirty rooftop, parking lot, or greenery -- but the room size, amenities, etc. will be identical to those with other views. Since you'll be there in August (in fact, so will we, we'll be at YC from 8/12-15! Yay!), it's doubtful you'd be wanting to spend a lot of time on your balcony anyway, so the view is probably less of a concern.

Pretty much like other YC rooms except for the view. You may receive a parking lot view, roof top view or partial rooftop, little garden view. The rooms will be similar to other YC rooms. The rooms have a double sink, bathroom with walk-in shower, with 5 people double queen bed with pullout sleep sofa, dresser, tv, small fridge, coffe maker, closet with safe, iron board, hair dryer, and a couple of side tables, one on the left of one bed, and one on the left of the second bed. Check the video that someone attached for you or go on you tube for many YC room tours to get a lay out. It’s my favorite resort. You are surrounded by a ton of things to do and the best pool around which you will need in August!

We’ll be at the YC in three weeks. We are booked into a garden/woods view room and I had my TA make a request for a gazebo view room. With the recent change to the room categories does anyone know if a gazebo view room is still possible if we are now booked into the new “resort view” category? I’m not sure if it’s worth an ask at the front desk if we don’t get a gazebo view room. I just checked MDE and it still says garden/woods view so I’m a little confused about these new categories.

We’ll be at the YC in three weeks. We are booked into a garden/woods view room and I had my TA make a request for a gazebo view room. With the recent change to the room categories does anyone know if a gazebo view room is still possible if we are now booked into the new “resort view” category? I’m not sure if it’s worth an ask at the front desk if we don’t get a gazebo view room. I just checked MDE and it still says garden/woods view so I’m a little confused about these new categories.
I am getting ready for my trip on Tuesday and have been reading information all over the place. FWIW someone somewhere mentioned their category changed from woods/garden to resort view. That person's trip is not in the immediate future. Like you, my woods/garden has not changed on my MDE. So maybe the room assigners don't switch to the new categories for a bit longer. Although I did get the email about the change. So. . .:confused3

FWIW, I just updated our online check in for tomorrow on the app because I accidentally put the wrong credit card, and it’s saying Resort View now. Up until then it was still saying Garden/Woods. According to the emails you’re supposed to still be placed in whatever category you had booked but if I see roof gravel I’m definitely going to the front desk.

FWIW, I just updated our online check in for tomorrow on the app because I accidentally put the wrong credit card, and it’s saying Resort View now. Up until then it was still saying Garden/Woods. According to the emails you’re supposed to still be placed in whatever category you had booked but if I see roof gravel I’m definitely going to the front desk.
Good for you. Make sure you keep up to date this this since rooms categorized as Water View (crescent lake or quiet pool), Resort View (garden, rooftop or parking lot) and then Standard (rooftop or parking lot). I have a water view with a specific room area request on the CL in October 2023. Last December I requested a specific room area and they put me next to the elevators and lounge area. I spoke up and they moved me to the room a requested with a few perks included. I was very upset that the first night there was nothing but noise, but the CM CL manger did a great job helping out.

Our last stay in December was a YC standard view on the 4th floor. The view was a rooftop and the back of the convention center, but we realized the second nite we had the perfect location to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks! You never know 🤷🏻‍♀️😊

I am about to place an order with Amazon Fresh. IDK why this is making me nervous. Even if I never get the order, I am not ordering much and it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Anyway, am I correct that I use 1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 as the address?

I am about to place an order with Amazon Fresh. IDK why this is making me nervous. Even if I never get the order, I am not ordering much and it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Anyway, am I correct that I use 1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 as the address?
We have ordered from Amazon fresh every time we have stayed. Our last trip in January we had an issue and our delivery never showed up. My husband called and spoke to Amazon and it arrived the next day and they refunded our money. Yes that is the correct address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter