Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A side view of water doesn’t count as water view in my experience. Maybe someone can counter me though.

Eh, the quiet pool at YC hasn’t been classified as water view either, now it apparently will be. I’d rather get a side view of the lake than a straight on view of the quiet pool for waterview price. And I’d really be furious if I my resort view was a dumpster for the same price as a gazebo view would be.

Is there a map with the new descriptions online somewhere?
No map (I've called and asked, but the CMs claim they don't have one), but they did confirm the redesignation of some standard rooms to resort view, and all quiet pool-facing garden views to water view.

Here's how Disney describes them now:
Screenshot_20230529_125002_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230529_124946_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230529_124955_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230529_125002_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230529_125002_Chrome.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2
I came on here to check what exactly is the new "resort view" room for YC I see on new reservations. My reservations for June still say garden or woods view, so I now don't think I'll end up where I had requested by the back small quiet pool. I really hope I don't end up with the rooftop or parking lot.

I came on here to check what exactly is the new "resort view" room for YC I see on new reservations. My reservations for June still say garden or woods view, so I now don't think I'll end up where I had requested by the back small quiet pool. I really hope I don't end up with the rooftop or parking lot.
It’s going to be interesting. I have a CL WV with a request of Room 5227 or that side for October. The last room I had in Dec 2022 it first started with a view of SAB near the lounge and elevator away from the request I had until I complained the next day when we were up all night because of the noise. Then they placed me originally where I requested thanks to the wonderful CM lounge manager, Hyacinth. Let see how the reclassification plays with CL. If anyone experiences something different at YC/BC, please let us know.

Ok, we are home from our trip, and I wanted to give a mini report of our stay! It was just me and my adult daughter. I've stayed at BC one other time for only two nights, and she's never stayed there. This trip was 5 nights.

We were garden/woods view and we got room 3622 it was a view out over the lawn with the BCV across the way. The location to the lobby was AWESOME! Up to 3rd floor and we were the 3rd room it was so close to run down to lobby or marketplace for anything! It did not have a full balcony so that was a bummer but the closeness to the lobby helped us get over it. And we thought the condition of the room was good!

Our 1st full day was the only day we napped and luckily there was no construction noise that day. However, ALL other days there was. hammering hammering hammering. some days it seemed louder then others. It was annoying and we kept saying THANK GOD we weren't planning to nap those other days. (napped 1st day because of late night deluxe hours). We were in and out of the room those other days coming and going from the pool, so we were there to hear the noise. But we were in the parks in the mornings so didn't hear how loud it was then.

We loved the pool and I had thought the kids might get a bit much at the pool and we might want to visit the quiet pool on the trip since this was an adult only trip for us but that wasn't the case. the pool was large enough that there were areas to get away. And it was difficult to get a float for the lazy river but eventually we did and really enjoyed that! We spent 3 afternoons at the pool for 2 full hours each time. Do wish the pool entrance wasn't so far away from the room/lobby.

We ate ice cream at Beaches and Cream twice. Once at the walk up window on arrival evening and once inside at a table. We didn't have a reservation just came back from Epcot around 9pm (pouring rain) and they said 30 min wait so we put our name down and got called in 30 minutes. No Way Jose was sooooo good!

Had breakfast at Ale & compass one morning which was very good and not busy AT ALL. 7:45 am reservation.

Used uber to and from the airport and it was $55 to the hotel at 9pm on arrival night and only $37 back on departure morning. We also ubered to the Poly for Ohanas and it was $11 to get there at 4:30pm and $16 to get back at 6:30pm.
We also liked that we could walk from our room to the bus stop, and it was fully covered from the rain. That wasn't the case at the Yacht club they didn't have a covered walkway as we saw people running from the rain as they exited the bus.

My daughter just couldn't get over how easy it was to walk in and out of Epcot! She says we'll never be able to go back to Pop! haha (the resort our kids grew up at!)
Oh and we had shockingly good luck with the boats as well. We went to HS on two days and a boat was pulling up each time we needed it. Which I realize it total luck of the draw!! but we had good luck! LOL

Now I'm trying to figure out how to fit the BC into my budget for my fall trip with DH!

You should still be able to request it. They've got to grandfather people in for the view options, as they were defined at the time they booked. To do otherwise - to sell one view and limit you to another - is fraud. At least, that's the argument I plan to make (politely and respectfully) at the front desk if we're told our request can't be met because of Disney's unilateral post-booking changes to room designations.

Your original reservation category will be honored and you will not end up looking at a rooftop or parking lot. We booked Garden/Woods way before these changes, and are in a room that according to Touring Plans was classed as Garden View and would almost certainly be classed as Water View now. We requested a very similar room on TP as well.

Your original reservation category will be honored and you will not end up looking at a rooftop or parking lot. We booked Garden/Woods way before these changes, and are in a room that according to Touring Plans was classed as Garden View and would almost certainly be classed as Water View now. We requested a very similar room on TP as well.
Iam in the same boat .. I also booked a garden view long before the change . You dont need to tell your room number but what floor and what view off of your balcony do you have?

When you get home, would you please share your room number and what you requested? I requested a gazebo view, but maybe I should try for what you requested.

Iam in the same boat .. I also booked a garden view long before the change . You dont need to tell your room number but what floor and what view off of your balcony do you have?
When you get home, would you please share your room number and what you requested? I requested a gazebo view, but maybe I should try for what you requested.
We check out on Wednesday and move to the Poly for the rest of our trip and I will let you guys know then! I just took photos of tre view for Touring Plans as well.

That will be great and I certainly hope that happens for me as well, as from the discussion on here it seems that the quiet pool area would now be classified as a water view.

On another note, there used to be the Boardwalk Bakery I see is now closed since my last trip, slightly disappointed on that. I enjoyed going over there on an early morning for the coffee cake while the others in my group sleep in, and I could do a loop around the Boardwalk, then sit outside and chill out with some coffee and coffee cake. It was strangely a decent enough price for the size I thought, which is something to be said around Disney property. Is there something similar around the Boardwalk area at this time with this on the menu? I see a Cake Bake Shop coming in soon, but doesn't seem it is going to be open when I'll be there in June.

On another note, there used to be the Boardwalk Bakery I see is now closed since my last trip, slightly disappointed on that. I enjoyed going over there on an early morning for the coffee cake while the others in my group sleep in, and I could do a loop around the Boardwalk, then sit outside and chill out with some coffee and coffee cake. It was strangely a decent enough price for the size I thought, which is something to be said around Disney property. Is there something similar around the Boardwalk area at this time with this on the menu? I see a Cake Bake Shop coming in soon, but doesn't seem it is going to be open when I'll be there in June.

They just renamed it the Boardwalk Deli, but they still sell baked goods there.

Boardwalk Bakery became Boardwalk Deli.

Breakfast menu:
https://allears.net/dining/menu/the-boardwalk-deli/breakfast/

Is there any chance that BC/YC room prices for late June might still drop in price as “last minute deals”? Or if I missed the early summer “up to 25% off” sale are we out of luck?

They are more likely to add more rooms to the current 25% discount group rather than drop the regular price. Keep looking for discounted rooms. :)
The problem is, the early summer discount no longer shows up in offers. Only the one that starts July 11th. The other discounts are APs or military (of which we are neither.)

The problem is, the early summer discount no longer shows up in offers. Only the one that starts July 11th. The other discounts are APs or military (of which we are neither.)
It's over. You can't get that discount anymore.
And no, the prices won't drop and there will not be "last minute deals".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter