Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Take note of the word “usually.” Bus stops do get changed from time to time, so it’s a good idea to check the board at the entrance to every bus station just to confirm.
That’s what I figured. I remember that from our last stay. I was just wondering if it was in the same basic area in the pecking order. Every step counts when it’s closer to the Magic Kingdom!

So, I see Ale and Compass has a Mobile Order option.

Is there a good place to sit down and eat this food, if you are in a standard resort room (not DVC with a kitchen table)? If so, where?

I think if they aren't sitting in the chair, it's not their chair. Just go ahead sit in an empty chair. You'll likely be gone before they come back to claim it. I think most people just need to put their stuff down somewhere while they swim. It should be first come first served. Saving empty chairs for hours just makes no sense.
I think it's ruder (more rude?) to save a seat that you don't use and no one else can either for many hours than it is to sit in a chair with a random towel on it while no one else is sitting in it.
Our last two times at the BC pool (back in 2016) we had gone for a swim leaving our towels, hats, books etc on the chairs and came back to them on the floor and the chairs gone!

I'm seriously thinking of trying for a cabana for our next visit but they're rather expensive. We are planning a whole day at the resort around the pool and I don't want to have to move our things every time we go for a swim, grab an ice cream, go for some lunch etc or risk them being dumped on the floor again - that's rude & I'd never do that to anyones stuff.
We have a few other shorter times around the pools planned and yes we'll be swimming, grabbing a bite to eat etc but we'd like to come back to our chairs to dry, read and sunbathe in-between those things and I don't see anything wrong with that type of situation.

I totally agree that it's rude to put your towel on the chairs first thing then going elsewhere for most of the time.

So, I see Ale and Compass has a Mobile Order option.

Is there a good place to sit down and eat this food, if you are in a standard resort room (not DVC with a kitchen table)? If so, where?
There are tables inside the YC marketplace if you want to eat inside. It will be easy to grab beverages or napkins, etc, if needed. There are nice tables with umbrellas at the YC quiet pool if you want to eat outside. You can take the food into SAB and eat there, too. :)

There are tables inside the YC marketplace if you want to eat inside. It will be easy to grab beverages or napkins, etc, if needed. There are nice tables with umbrellas at the YC quiet pool if you want to eat outside. You can take the food into SAB and eat there, too. :)
To add to Wood Nymph answer, there are tables at Ale and Compass lounge, the solarium at BC, across from the marketplace, before 4 pm, tables at Martha Vineyard, not sure but maybe a sitting area outside of the main YC entrance heading towards the pool area walkway, also the quiet pool area of the YC, which you can enter from the hallway out by the YC marketplace.

Well we have refurb news. DVC News is reporting:
Disney Vacation Club has shared new information regarding the refurbishment project at Disney's Beach Club Villas. A soft goods refurbishment of all rooms was originally planned for January to April 2023. However after completing rooms on just 2 of the resort's 5 floors, the project was unexpectedly halted in February.

A revised timline now indicates that work will resume in August with completion targeted for October 2023.

Well we have refurb news. DVC News is reporting:
Disney Vacation Club has shared new information regarding the refurbishment project at Disney's Beach Club Villas. A soft goods refurbishment of all rooms was originally planned for January to April 2023. However after completing rooms on just 2 of the resort's 5 floors, the project was unexpectedly halted in February.

A revised timline now indicates that work will resume in August with completion targeted for October 2023.
Still not clear why they stopped after doing just the 4th/5th floors, but glad they have more targeted dates to complete the work.

Still not clear why they stopped after doing just the 4th/5th floors, but glad they have more targeted dates to complete the work.
We'll never really know why, but one can assume it was a either a supply shortage for key items being used for the refurbishment, incorrect items shipped for the refurbishment, termination of the resources doing the refurb, or a shift of those resources to other projects deemed a higher priority. Or maybe none of those!

Will there be any construction noise related to the refurbishment or is it literally just the replacement of soft goods? We will be at the YC during this time.

Will there be any construction noise related to the refurbishment or is it literally just the replacement of soft goods? We will be at the YC during this time.
You'll hear more noise from SAB and other guests. BCV is a driver and an 8 iron from the Yacht Club. Okay, maybe a 3 wood and a wedge. In all seriousness, it's an internal refurb only. No loud outside work.

Ok. I’m a Yacht and Beach Club veteran.

So have a SAB question for all you pool veterans. I missed on a cabana for our upcoming July trip (17th - 22nd). I was in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship so I don’t feel really bad about missing.

But. It will be 5 adults and one 7 year old and am planning a full blown SAB relax and play day. The food take out discussion the last few days has been a tremendous help.

But my question is where would be a prime location for this group? No wrong answer! Shade. Entry. Slide. Sand bottom.

We’ve been there many times but it’s usually just the wife and me and we have never been to choosy about location.

What’s your go to spot?

But my question is where would be a prime location for this group? No wrong answer! Shade. Entry. Slide. Sand bottom.

We’ve been there many times but it’s usually just the wife and me and we have never been to choosy about location.

What’s your go to spot?
My husband likes to sit at a table, so we usually sit at what I call tree island if we get there early enough to get a table. If those tables are gone, we will sit at the tables near the sandy pool at the YC end of SAB. Tree island is right by the YC exit gate, in front of the Yachtsman, and it is nice and centrally located. I know that the tables near the BC exit are popular, but that area is a little congested and you can only see the volleyball pool rather than the broader panorama of tree island or the YC side. :)

You can also keep looking for a cabana. They do open up when people cancel.

I’m so excited to see the YC post-refurb! We’ve only stayed at the BC up to now.
The YC rooms are really, really nice! Probably my favorite of the refurbed rooms I've been in so far. I love that they tied in the theming elements from elsewhere in the resort too, it feels very put together if that makes sense. And I swear if Disney ever sold those funny constellation curtains I'd get them for my house in a heartbeat. I can't wait to see the lobby, I think they hadn't redone it yet when I stayed in early summer 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter