Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

DW and I survived our weekend trip at YC.

Our flight landed around 10:40 on Saturday morning. We boarded the very crowded ME, and stopped at CBR, BW, and BC, before arriving at YC. The drop off was at the YC convention center. I believe we arrived at YC shortly before noon.

Although I had done online check-in, I still checked in with the front desk where I was told we were upgraded from standard view to a garden view with a King bed. However, our room wasn't ready, so we left our carry-on luggage with belhop and went to Epcot for lunch.

Around 3:30pm, I received an email that our room was ready. Around 8pm, we left Epcot, returned to YC, picked up our carry-on luggage, and found our room. Walking out onto the balcony, we could see part of the Dolphin hotel through the trees, and off to left, the quiet pool.

Next morning, we hadn't received our ME packet, so I called the front desk who connected me to ME. The information was incorrect, as it contained my original flight information instead of my current flight information. The phone assistant updated my flight information, but I would need to stop by the front desk to get my ME documents.

We left our room with our bags, and picked up the ME documents. We had the breakfast buffet at Captain's Grille. Afterwards, we went to the ME pickup spot, outside of the convention center. YC was the first pickup, followed by BC, and then CBR.

Although we didn't spend much time at YC, we did like it. All of the CMs were very friendly and helpful. The walk to Epcot is short, and the path to the lighthouse/boat dock is right outside the lobby. Our room wasn't far from the elevator.

DW and I survived our weekend trip at YC.

Our flight landed around 10:40 on Saturday morning. We boarded the very crowded ME, and stopped at CBR, BW, and BC, before arriving at YC. The drop off was at the YC convention center. I believe we arrived at YC shortly before noon.

Although I had done online check-in, I still checked in with the front desk where I was told we were upgraded from standard view to a garden view with a King bed. However, our room wasn't ready, so we left our carry-on luggage with belhop and went to Epcot for lunch.

Around 3:30pm, I received an email that our room was ready. Around 8pm, we left Epcot, returned to YC, picked up our carry-on luggage, and found our room. Walking out onto the balcony, we could see part of the Dolphin hotel through the trees, and off to left, the quiet pool.

Next morning, we hadn't received our ME packet, so I called the front desk who connected me to ME. The information was incorrect, as it contained my original flight information instead of my current flight information. The phone assistant updated my flight information, but I would need to stop by the front desk to get my ME documents.

We left our room with our bags, and picked up the ME documents. We had the breakfast buffet at Captain's Grille. Afterwards, we went to the ME pickup spot, outside of the convention center. YC was the first pickup, followed by BC, and then CBR.

Although we didn't spend much time at YC, we did like it. All of the CMs were very friendly and helpful. The walk to Epcot is short, and the path to the lighthouse/boat dock is right outside the lobby. Our room wasn't far from the elevator.

Did you only stay one night? Wow, that must of been a big tease.

Did you only stay one night? Wow, that must of been a big tease.

Yes. One night only. We purchased APs when we attended F&G back in April because we knew we are attending F&W later this year, and will be able to attend next year's F&G with the same pass.

This was a spur of the moment trip, dependent upon getting a FEA FP at the 30 day mark, which we did get. So we got to experience FEA while getting our Epcot fix. Because this was a weekend trip, neither one of us had to use a vacation day from work.

4 days away we will be at BCV. I can't believe after all my planning etc it's so close now. Leaving 12M on Thursday from south suburbs of Chicago. Driving our first day 14 hours to Valdosta GA. Saturday we only have a 3 hour drive so we will hopefully not be too tired! Stopping first before check in to a Super Walmart to get some stuff .So excited

4 days away we will be at BCV. I can't believe after all my planning etc it's so close now. Leaving 12M on Thursday from south suburbs of Chicago. Driving our first day 14 hours to Valdosta GA. Saturday we only have a 3 hour drive so we will hopefully not be too tired! Stopping first before check in to a Super Walmart to get some stuff .So excited
ENJOY!:banana: We were at BCV in October and loved it. CAN'T WAIT for this October to see the newly renovated rooms.:goodvibes Have fun at Stormalong Bay,!:beach:

One night my husband and I are going to go to Ohana's and leave the kids in the hotel room with pizza. We have a 5:40pm adr. I figure we would take the bus to the TTC or MK and then take the boat over to the Poly. We will give ourselves and hour to get there. Coming home, depending on the time, we will either Uber or take a bus to HS and then walk to take the friendship boat back to the BC. Am I doing the transportation correctly? Any quicker ways? Thanks so much for any help

According to uber estimate, it's about $6-9 each way... In a money vs convenience trade off, I'd go with uber's both times. This is your date night type meal, make it nice and stress free!

Can't get a handle on this news... Refillable Mug change?

In case you missed this thread on the resort boards, reports are that the refill mugs no longer have handles. And something about freestyle Coke machines.

Here's the link and the picture.

Refill Mugs with no Handles

refill mug 2016 no handle.jpg

Can someone at the resort now or soon confirm what is available?

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at the BC have been renovated at this stage? We will be staying in a Garden/wood view room in a couple of weeks.

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at the BC have been renovated at this stage? We will be staying in a Garden/wood view room in a couple of weeks.

The rooms at the BC were recently renovated and are gorgeous. There might be some room pics at the beginning of this thread.

Can't get a handle on this news... Refillable Mug change?

In case you missed this thread on the resort boards, reports are that the refill mugs no longer have handles.

Here's the link and the picture.

Refill Mugs with no Handles

View attachment 184104

Can someone at the resort now or soon confirm what is available?

:thumbsup2

It's not often people put their mug shots on this board!:cool2:

Hello, We are staying at the BC for the first time in a few weeks. We planned to do several days of breakfast at the QS spot, but I'm wondering is there a place to sit down inside it--or is it entirely grab and go? We have smaller kids, so tables and chairs are nice.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August

Yes, as posted above, all rooms at the BC have been renovated. I think there are links on Page 1, Post 8 (Beach Club Rooms) to see what the rooms look like.

:goodvibes

Why would they do this?? How am I going to make my beloved children go get drinks for us all at the pool if they have no handles on mugs(1 child=4 mugs). Guess the teenager will have his younger brother for company to the refill station while their mother lounges poolside!! :charac2::rotfl2:
Looks like a win/win to me. You lounge by the pool while also teaching your kids teamwork skills. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter