Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Amazon Prime Now

Amazon Prime Now website

Amazon Prime Now is a two hour delivery service of certain household essentials. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services at the resort. For delivery to the Yacht & Beach Club resort, which is a convention resort, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours.

During my trip earlier this month, I tried Amazon Prime Now (two-hour delivery) and it worked really well. I ordered water, yogurt, and toothpaste (my kids didn't like the toothpaste that I brought, so for $3 I ordered a new large tube).

Would highly reccomend it!

Thank you so much for the feedback on this!

So no problem getting your things? Was the delivery to Bell Services?

I first read about this service a few weeks ago and someone staying at the YC/BC used it, but it took him a couple of days to get his stuff because they weren't looking in the right place when he asked.

Can you share some of the details?

Was there a delivery cost/tip? Minimum order?

You need to be an Amazon Prime customer, right?

:thumbsup2

Correct--No problem getting our things. Yes, they went to Bell Services. We did two deliveries (one from the airport as we waited to leave for the trip on July 1 and the other on July 4). The first delivery person, sent me a text saying that our stuff was with Bell Services. That really helped when we got there because the front desk said that all deliveries are at the Yacht Club Convention Center. I pushed and asked them to check Bell Services since I got a text. So, that text really helped. I also got separate texts from Amazon Prime saying my stuff was delivered.

When I ordered on July 4, I got to pick my 2-hour delivery window and was able to order while sitting at the pool. I am pretty sure I could even track on a map where the delivery was. Which was nice! I meant to get out of the pool and meet the delivery guy (it's like Uber where the Amazon Now App lets you know who your driver is) but I forgot and Bell Services took delivery. I didn't get the package for about 40 more minutes. BCV left us a message on our voicemail and then eventually the package made its way to our room.

I believe the minimum order is $20 and the 2-hour delivery time frame is free. If you want delivery within an hour, that's an extra $5, I think. So, it's still not too bad. As far as tipping, both times, the app suggested $5. One order was $41 and the other was $21. If the $21 order was *not* on a holiday, I probably would have lowered it. But, I thought who wants to be out, running around delivering stuff to tourists on July 4?!

I'm pretty sure anyone can download the app without being an Amazon Prime customer if anyone wants to poke around. You need to add an Amazon Prime Now zip code--I used 32830 in Orlando. I will say that prices *do* change. I had items in my cart for a good 6-8 weeks before my trip (I would just add stuff when I thought of it) and received notifications when a price went up or down. Right now a 1-liter bottle of Smart Water is $1.52 and Chobani yogurt is $.89. The same Chobani is $1.99 at the Garden Grocer right now.

I will say that Amazon Prime Now doesn't have a great (any?) selection of fresh fruits. I would have loved fresh strawberries or blueberries!

Yes, I am fairly certain that you need to be an Amazon Prime customer. And I do love Amazon Prime, too!

Last edited:
We are leaving for Florida 4 weeks from Sunday. So excited. Spending 2 nights at LEGOLAND (surprise for our children) and then 10 days at BC. This is the first time at BC and are super excited. We have 3 children and I just saw the pictures of the new mugs. I guess I am cheap but I am not going to buy them since it will cost around $45 for 3 mugs? Its just too much to spend to have the kids drinking soda. I am going to get a food order from Amazon pantry and will get a few 12 packs of soda. Question-does anyone know if Amazon pantry delivers wine? Mommy needs her wine while she is relaxing at night at the resort. NOT doing any online check in or request. Just going to roll the dice:thumbsup2

Please note the difference between Amazon Pantry and Amazon Prime Now. I believe Pantry orders are delivered to the YC Convention Center and are subject to a weight-based delivery fee and limited pickup times. Prime Now is delivered (in a two hour delivery window) to bell services, but has limited selections. Post 13, FAQ on Page 1 of this thread has a section about water/grocery delivery to the resort.

:goodvibes

Quick question about a BCV stay on points. Trash and towel service is the 4th day, if I have read correctly. So to count for that, is check in day counted as a day, or does it start the day after? If we check in on Friday, will we receive T&T service on Monday or Tuesday? Also, does this include toiletries? And can extras be requested before then if needed? Thanks!

As hiil6 stated, your check in day is day 1, so your Trash & Towel service will be Monday.
Extra towel packs are $6 each and include 4 bath towels, hand towels, face cloths and a bath mat. If you request extra toiletries you should be charged. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
On Trash & Towel day they empty the trash leave clean towels, replenish soap and toiletries and one coffee pack.
Have a Great Vacation

Page 591-594

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list:

AndiM Nov 18-23 BC GV

Thank you!!

:welcome:

Happy to add you!

:cool1:

Do they sell large tubs of yogurt in the Marketplace please? Thank you!

Not positive, but I don't think so. I just checked the photos from the Marketplace thread, and the price list and I didn't see anything.

:sad2:

Thank you all for your help on this thread. I've made the perfect plans for my daughter's 21st birthday trip October 6-11 at the Beach Club.
Unfortunately, I can't go now, but her boyfriend is going to take her. I'm still excited for all the plans I have made. They're mainly doing the Food and Wine Festival, and will also go to MNSSHP.

:welcome:

Should be a great celebration for your daughter!

party:

Amazon Prime Now

Amazon Prime Now website

Amazon Prime Now is a two hour delivery service of certain household essentials. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services at the resort. For delivery to the Yacht & Beach Club resort, which is a convention resort, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours.

Wow, I can't believe Disney charges it's guest money just to pick up a package. It's not like they are delivering it or anything. Is it costly to pick up?

Wow, I can't believe Disney charges it's guest money just to pick up a package. It's not like they are delivering it or anything. Is it costly to pick up?

The price is based on weight. I have the current rates posted somewhere on Page 1. I'm guessing Post 13 or 14, with info about mailing/receiving packages at the resort.

The other issue is that the Convention Center is only open during limited hours, and not on weekends.

:mad:

Has anyone heard of when renovations will start at YC? I'm planning a July trip for YC CL. But if the rooms are not renovated I would plan on BC CL. Having asked that, do they generally renovate the CL rooms first? Just trying to decide if I can plan YC or will I need to anticipate a BC stay? Thanks

Has anyone heard of when renovations will start at YC? I'm planning a July trip for YC CL. But if the rooms are not renovated I would plan on BC CL. Having asked that, do they generally renovate the CL rooms first? Just trying to decide if I can plan YC or will I need to anticipate a BC stay? Thanks

The most up to date information that anyone has outside of project managers, etc is in post #1 of this thread.

Last edited:
Looks like a win/win to me. You lounge by the pool while also teaching your kids teamwork skills. :D

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Hadn't thought of putting it that way but, absolutely, that's what I'm doing for sure! Teamwork skills being built while I lounge lol:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Why would they do this

My thoughts exactly. Why!!

We used garden grocer and it is delivered to bell services. No charge from resort though we did tip the guy who brought the stuff to our room. It was really handy as we had quite a bit of stuff :thumbsup2

It is not Disney. Convention resorts have out-sourced companies that run the "office centers" in the convention centers. All packages are delivered there EXCEPT deliveries from the US Postal Service. Those are delivered to the actual resort and there is no charge for delivering ...that is Disney.

So, I just watched a Dis Podcast from about a year or so ago, where they discussed YC for 51 minutes. To say I was in heaven would be putting it lightly. It made that time on the elliptical fly by! Opinions are just that, they are what they are. I agreed with some sentiments, not with others. This team doing the podcast seems to be BC-blue through and through, so the overall tone was the Marcia/Jan Brady comparison I remember NinjaMom making a couple of years back, but I did want to comment on one thing. One woman discussing the YC was saying how the story of how SAB got it's name was one of the silliest Disney has ever come up with, making up a pirate named Stormalong, and saying he crashed at YC/BC. Well, some of you know I teach elementary school, and every year I teach a story called "Stormalong" by Mary Pope Osbourne (of "Magic Treehouse" fame), and indeed, this is a real legend!

May I offer this link, and y'all will see that Disney wasn't being so lazy after all. I'd love to email this woman (and the podcast team) with this information, but don't want to be "too" much of a know-it-all! :rolleyes1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Bulltop_Stormalong

This is why I love these boards and continue researching every Disney trip we take, even though I'm somewhere over a dozen visits. Just when you think you know everything about Disney there is to know, you learn something new! Thanks for the info Scott, I found it really interesting!

Reposted from Resorts Community subforum:

@NovaPrime

"Hi there -

Hopefully this is the right place for this. I tried searching for some answers in this forum and on Google but haven't had much luck. Does anyone happen to have any information on the art below that is in Beach Club Resort rooms? I know it's a resort exclusive and can't be purchased from the store or anything but I'm wondering if anyone knows who the artist is..

28042D20-48DD-44C0-859E-38372BCB6838_zpsvmybij6u.jpg

(image is not my own.. belongs to Erika Murphy)"

Amazon Prime Now

Amazon Prime Now website

Is the address for the Prime Now delivery the one listed at the beginning of the thread or will I need to call Bell Services to get their address? Thanks in advance!

Reposted from Resorts Community subforum:

@NovaPrime

"Hi there -

Hopefully this is the right place for this. I tried searching for some answers in this forum and on Google but haven't had much luck. Does anyone happen to have any information on the art below that is in Beach Club Resort rooms? I know it's a resort exclusive and can't be purchased from the store or anything but I'm wondering if anyone knows who the artist is..

28042D20-48DD-44C0-859E-38372BCB6838_zpsvmybij6u.jpg

(image is not my own.. belongs to Erika Murphy)"

Ohhh, I love that print! :lovestruc We saw it in our room back when we stayed at the BC last year and I remember saying to my husband that I would love to have something like that at home. I hope someone can answer the question!

My DH just gave to "ok" for even thinking about making reservations for BC for August 2017. It would be a 10 day trip. Super excited about the thought of staying at BC! He said we can make the res in January so it's before the 180 day mark. My question is should we reserve even sooner than that? Does BC get booked up fast? What's a safe time frame for getting a Garden view or Lagoon view room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter