Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's possible that the lack of availability is due to people double or triple booking, cancelling extra reservations after AP or other discounts become available, and after reviewing all of their options.

I have read posts in other threads from people who freely admitted to double or triple booking, waiting till the cancellation deadline to cancel the extra reservations.

This behavior, I believe, breeds panic and encourages more of the same type of practice.

It's possible that the lack of availability is due to people double or triple booking, cancelling extra reservations after AP or other discounts become available, and after reviewing all of their options.

@luvpoohandcompany -The CMs have cited the ongoing "enhancements" to the website as to blame. I read yesterday where the CM had to actually go through IT to get the rooms scheduled! Additionally, I remember not to long ago trying to price out some rooms and the price was WAY expensive - like double what the rack rate typically is. SO, it could be that the website is just completely wrong. An increase of £3000 seems way too much - even for Disney.

I believe it is just an issue with the booking site, as @luvpoohandcompany speculated and less to do with people over-booking. I dabbled in travel agenting for Disney and I still get the notifications. The system is constantly down or in maintenance so don't fret! I'd recommend checking with a free travel agent to see if they have better luck.

@luvpoohandcompany - I am *only speculating* here, but I have been reading comments here and there about how people can't find any rooms on the website for future dates and it seems unbelievable. However, when they call in, the CMs are usually able to locate available rooms. The CMs have cited the ongoing "enhancements" to the website as to blame. I read yesterday where the CM had to actually go through IT to get the rooms scheduled! Additionally, I remember not to long ago trying to price out some rooms and the price was WAY expensive - like double what the rack rate typically is. SO, it could be that the website is just completely wrong. An increase of £3000 seems way too much - even for Disney.

I could get the room ok but the prices are crazy :crazy2:
There is something fishy going on here. I live in the US, but just checked the week we usually go next August and rates went up roughly $20 per night. Over 14 days that comes to $400 which is no small amount but it is a lot less than what you were discussing here.

It's crazy but I've checked it several times over the last couple of days and the price stays £3000 up! Madness :sad2: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is several £1000s cheaper and its also 5* although granted it doesn't have Epcot at its back door!

I have read posts in other threads from people who freely admitted to double or triple booking, waiting till the cancellation deadline to cancel the extra reservations.

This behavior, I believe, breeds panic and encourages more of the same type of practice.
Thanks for the advice. Plenty of room choices so no problem with availablity just prices lol :scared:

@luvpoohandcompany - I think the pricing is messed up, too. As I said, awhile back I checked prices on rooms - and IIRC, prices at POR were like $500+ a night. There's no way that was correct, and it wasn't. Granted, that was back in June, but I suspect the U.K. site may be having similar issues...

Is there a way to find the August Activities Calendar for the YC?

:welcome:

Yup- Page 1, Post 4 of this thread

August 2017

Stormalong Bay Pool Party - See Schedule for days and times

Disney Junior Pool Party, Thursday at 2:30 pm

Campfires have resumed in July 2017: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 7:30 pm

Movie at 9 pm on the Beach Club Volleyball Court on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Movie on Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be shown in the Beach Club Solarium.
August 2017 Movie Schedule, 9 pm popcorn::

Sun- Finding Dory (PG)
Mon- Beauty and the Beast (2017)(PG) in Solarium
Tues- Aladdin (G)
Wed- Inside Out (PG) in Solarium
Thurs- The Lion King (G)
Fri - Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (PG-13) in Solarium
Sat*- Moana (Rated PG)
* Sat Aug 12 feature premiere of Disney XD's "DuckTales" (TV-G)
Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather. :umbrella:

August 2017 Activities Schedule

:goodvibes

Yup- Page 1, Post 4 of this thread

August 2017

Stormalong Bay Pool Party - See Schedule for days and times

Disney Junior Pool Party, Thursday at 2:30 pm

Campfires have resumed in July 2017: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 7:30 pm

Movie at 9 pm on the Beach Club Volleyball Court on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Movie on Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be shown in the Beach Club Solarium.
August 2017 Movie Schedule, 9 pm popcorn::

Sun- Finding Dory (PG)
Mon- Beauty and the Beast (2017)(PG) in Solarium
Tues- Aladdin (G)
Wed- Inside Out (PG) in Solarium
Thurs- The Lion King (G)
Fri - Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (PG-13) in Solarium
Sat*- Moana (Rated PG)
* Sat Aug 12 feature premiere of Disney XD's "DuckTales" (TV-G)
Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather. :umbrella:

August 2017 Activities Schedule

Thanks, that's a little different then the one posted last week. (Movies are different).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170725-140021.png
    Screenshot_20170725-140021.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 6
Page 981

All right, I'm sure that this answer is somewhere, but with thousands of pots to look through ,I was getting tired. I am planning my first Disney vacation since 2015 and my ex did all the planning so I have no idea where to start. I'm bringing 4 adults (including myself) and my will be almost 5 at the time grandson. This would be my first time at a deluxe, but with the size of our party our options are limited if we don't want to spend a lot of money. What I want to know is if I book the resort as soon as I am able and then free dining is announced after I have already booked, can I call and have it added (which doesn't sound right) or do I need to cancel and re-book? I'm so excited to be headed back to Disney and to stay at the Yacht Club, I just wish it were closer because that countdown ticker is just so say. Any help anyone can give me, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!!! And dang it I cant get my ticker to work!!! But it's 2 years 2 months 2 weeks and 1 day away...such a long time!!

I'll pencil you in for 2019!

When are you able to book that?

Others have given helpful input about booking and then adding any discounts that Disney may offer. At this time, Disney has guest friendly cancelation or change policies, hopefully that will continue to be the case.

The Friendship boat captains are great!

:welcome: to posting here!

Thanks for the nice comments about the boat captains.

:boat:

Hi! I have stayed at BC lots of times but never Club Level. My family has decided to do a last-minute splurge trip and stay CL. We are so excited! I'm wondering what our room requests should be. My TA suggested full balcony and near lounge. Does that sound good? I was wondering if I should have the TA put in the requests or just do on-line check-in. (Last year I requested full balcony on a high floor through on-line check-in. Our room was on the second floor with a tiny balcony and far from the rest of our party, so that didn't work out so well. We were very close to the stairs to the secret entrance, though, so that eased the blow a bit.)

I would appreciate any advice anyone has for rooms or CL. Our trip is in just two weeks! TIA!

I'll add you to the August Be Our Guest list.

Your requests sound good!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Page 982

Any updates regarding the room renovations? Are all rooms complete yet?

As far as I know the rooms are either completed or are close to being done.

When is your trip?

:cool2:

When do the deals usually come out for that time frame? Curious for next year as we are thinking of going the last week of august. Never looked into them. Would It save more than going through Disney if they would by chance offer free dining? Can you add park hopper tickets? Is there a cacellation policy? Sorry for all the questions!

I'll pencil you in for next August!

Hi

We (me, mom, ds and dd) stayed at the BC for 9 nights at the end of July and I thought that I would post a mini review for anyone who is thinking of staying there (Disclaimer, BC/YC is my favorite resort) :)

Thank you so much for the detailed and upbeat review.

I'm so glad to hear all about your magical trip!

:flower1:

Page 983-985

Good Morning, Does anyone know how I can send a complimentary email to Beach Club management directly? Thank you!

If you send an actual letter, you can send it to Guest Communications and cc: the resort General Manager or you send a letter directly to him:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
Executive Offices
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Cosmo Kapoor, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thanks: for taking the time to send some positive feedback.

Just looked at next year's prices for Yc/BC. It's almost £3000 (yes ££ not $$) more than the same 2 weeks this year!:scared1::sad: Simply crazy price increase! That's going to be a lot of people from this side of the Atlantic looking to stay elsewhere. Wonder why the huge jump? Demand for these resorts is obviously high but this just seems insane. I guess if they still fill the rooms it will make sense for Disney but it means we will look elsewhere and that makes me sad as we've stayed at either YC or BC many times the last 11/12 years and have come to think of it as our home away from home. Aw well all good things come to an end I suppose:sad2:

Oh, no!!!

I hope the prices settle back into your comfort zone. Maybe it is a glitch in the website. That would not surprise me at all.

:faint:

Me too! Our first time at Beach Club.

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

::yes::

Hi guys! I'm a lurker, first time poster. I'll be staying at the Beach Club with my sister for a twin 29th birthday celebration January 2018 (21st-30th). I've never stayed there before but am looking forward to it! I love the area (I stayed at the S&D before and LOVED it) and CANNOT WAIT.

:welcome: to posting!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Sounds like an awesome trip!

:cool1:

Thanks, that's a little different then the one posted last week. (Movies are different).

That's weird! No idea why there would be different versions.

A friend sent me a picture of the schedule when he was there earlier this month, but I didn't pay attention because I already had a printout. I'll go back and see that one says.

:confused3

Heard from a guest at YC last week that all of the room renovations are done! Just wanted to pass along :)

Thanks for that! I have been waiting for the official word.

::yes::

Just looked at next year's prices for Yc/BC. It's almost £3000 (yes ££ not $$) more than the same 2 weeks this year!:scared1::sad: Simply crazy price increase! That's going to be a lot of people from this side of the Atlantic looking to stay elsewhere. Wonder why the huge jump? Demand for these resorts is obviously high but this just seems insane. I guess if they still fill the rooms it will make sense for Disney but it means we will look elsewhere and that makes me sad as we've stayed at either YC or BC many times the last 11/12 years and have come to think of it as our home away from home. Aw well all good things come to an end I suppose:sad2:

Hi there

If prices don't come down on the UK side, you could always try booking with a travel agent. Many Disers use one who gets "magical deals" on WDW rooms including those at the YC/BC. We had a deal at the BC in July. Feel free to PM me if you would like additional information. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter