Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I LOVE this report. Even though you had some things that didn't go right, you had such a great attitude and a little pixie dust sprinkled your way. That's why I love Disney.
You've got me all excited for our upcoming trip. First time staying at BC and I've always wanted to.

@Karebear - Another thanks for sharing your experiences! There can be so many complaints on the boards that it is so refreshing to read stories like yours. I am very sorry your daughter got sick, but I LOVE how Disney took care of you all and your room! Sounds like great memories!

Thanks you guys! It was a great trip. My DH couldn't go due to work but my mom came with us (her first time to WDW in 20 years). We live on the West Coast so Disneyland is much closer. We had such great pixie dust and just an amazing time that she kept saying "I am never going back to Disneyland..only WDW". I was so happy to show her "my WDW" and have her fall in love too....now just have to plan a return trip!

Thanks you guys! It was a great trip. My DH couldn't go due to work but my mom came with us (her first time to WDW in 20 years). We live on the West Coast so Disneyland is much closer. We had such great pixie dust and just an amazing time that she kept saying "I am never going back to Disneyland..only WDW". I was so happy to show her "my WDW" and have her fall in love too....now just have to plan a return trip!
I really enjoyed your trip report. It sounds like a great trip. If your mother liked it then it had to be good. :)

Hi

We (me, mom, ds and dd) stayed at the BC for 9 nights at the end of July and I thought that I would post a mini review for anyone who is thinking of staying there (Disclaimer, BC/YC is my favorite resort) :)

We arrived after midnight and were given a garden room on the 3rd floor with a daybed (request #1) but not a full balcony (request #2). They said that we could come back in the morning and request a different room. The room was at the closest end to Epcot and was fine, but my mom really wanted a full balcony. We requested a change in the morning and they accommodated us. New room was great...view of Epcot (could see Illuminations) with balcony and daybed..it was very quiet and was room #4596 if anyone is interested.

Room was very clean and mousekeeping was great. DD (12) got what we think was food poisoning one night and threw up all over the carpet. Mousekeeping shampooed the rug and changed all linens for each night of our stay...housekeeping manager came by and told me that they would do this. They sent up complimentary Sprite and saltine crackers and mac n cheese from Yachtsman Steakhouse that night when she was feeling better. Best of all, we had a FP for Flight of Passage that we missed due to her being sick. Since FoP is new, they can't replace it like other FPs. The front desk manager called AK guest relations and they replaced it with an anytime FoP FP for later in the week when we would be at AK. :thumbsup2

We were celebrating DS birthday while we were there. He had requested going to Beaches & Cream for dinner, swimming in the pool and going to roast marshmallows at the campfire. Well it poured during dinner with thunder and lightning. We asked the pool manager if the were going to do the campfire and he said that he would text me if they were. I told him that it was DS birthday and he really wanted to do s'mores. Around 7:30 he texted me that there would be no campfire and asked me for my room number. He had a plate of s'mores and a glass of milk sent up for DS.

Another day, we were going to MK around 4 in the afternoon. We saw a MK bus about to leave and DS started running for it. The bus pulled out without seeing my son. The valet attendant saw all of this and called us over. There was a minnievan there (they were testing them out) and they offered to take us to the MK. It was awesome! They drop you as close to the MK entrance as they can. The driver told us that the service would be going live soon and said that they would be charging $20 for rides. Definitely worth it for MK. We took Uber to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon and they were each about $7 each way.

In all we had another fantastic stay. I prefer the YC (which is where we usually stay) because the majority of the rooms have a full balcony and the lobby is quieter. We had a "magical deal" that was only good at the BC. Both resorts are fantastic and my favorite due to location, etc. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about staying here!
What a great trip you had! That is so awesome!

Just looked at next year's prices for Yc/BC. It's almost £3000 (yes ££ not $$) more than the same 2 weeks this year!:scared1::sad: Simply crazy price increase! That's going to be a lot of people from this side of the Atlantic looking to stay elsewhere. Wonder why the huge jump? Demand for these resorts is obviously high but this just seems insane. I guess if they still fill the rooms it will make sense for Disney but it means we will look elsewhere and that makes me sad as we've stayed at either YC or BC many times the last 11/12 years and have come to think of it as our home away from home. Aw well all good things come to an end I suppose:sad2:

Just looked at next year's prices for Yc/BC. It's almost £3000 (yes ££ not $$) more than the same 2 weeks this year!:scared1::sad: Simply crazy price increase! That's going to be a lot of people from this side of the Atlantic looking to stay elsewhere. Wonder why the huge jump? Demand for these resorts is obviously high but this just seems insane. I guess if they still fill the rooms it will make sense for Disney but it means we will look elsewhere and that makes me sad as we've stayed at either YC or BC many times the last 11/12 years and have come to think of it as our home away from home. Aw well all good things come to an end I suppose:sad2:

There are some crazy price for YC/BC on the UK site.

For our trip just gone, we'd originally booked GF for 2 weeks as it was cheaper than BC. A few months later, BC came down in price and switched our booking.

I have a feeling that when there are Conventions planned, a certain amount of rooms are blocked out.

We have a booking for next November and it was roughly the same price as we paid for July this year.

When were you looking?

There are some crazy price for YC/BC on the UK site.

For our trip just gone, we'd originally booked GF for 2 weeks as it was cheaper than BC. A few months later, BC came down in price and switched our booking.

I have a feeling that when there are Conventions planned, a certain amount of rooms are blocked out.

We have a booking for next November and it was roughly the same price as we paid for July this year.

When were you looking?
Last week of June and first week of July or first 2weeks of July. I was wondering if the the fact that the "free" dining now includes an alcoholic drink had anything to do with it?? Not intending to book at these prices that's for sure! To be honest we were debating taking a year off anyhow but as our eldest son turns 20 this year we were kind of undecided as it could be the last year he holidays with us for a while. He adores YC and the age thing was swaying me that way but not at these prices!

Hi

We (me, mom, ds and dd) stayed at the BC for 9 nights at the end of July and I thought that I would post a mini review for anyone who is thinking of staying there (Disclaimer, BC/YC is my favorite resort) :)

We arrived after midnight and were given a garden room on the 3rd floor with a daybed (request #1) but not a full balcony (request #2). They said that we could come back in the morning and request a different room. The room was at the closest end to Epcot and was fine, but my mom really wanted a full balcony. We requested a change in the morning and they accommodated us. New room was great...view of Epcot (could see Illuminations) with balcony and daybed..it was very quiet and was room #4596 if anyone is interested.

Room was very clean and mousekeeping was great. DD (12) got what we think was food poisoning one night and threw up all over the carpet. Mousekeeping shampooed the rug and changed all linens for each night of our stay...housekeeping manager came by and told me that they would do this. They sent up complimentary Sprite and saltine crackers and mac n cheese from Yachtsman Steakhouse that night when she was feeling better. Best of all, we had a FP for Flight of Passage that we missed due to her being sick. Since FoP is new, they can't replace it like other FPs. The front desk manager called AK guest relations and they replaced it with an anytime FoP FP for later in the week when we would be at AK. :thumbsup2

We were celebrating DS birthday while we were there. He had requested going to Beaches & Cream for dinner, swimming in the pool and going to roast marshmallows at the campfire. Well it poured during dinner with thunder and lightning. We asked the pool manager if the were going to do the campfire and he said that he would text me if they were. I told him that it was DS birthday and he really wanted to do s'mores. Around 7:30 he texted me that there would be no campfire and asked me for my room number. He had a plate of s'mores and a glass of milk sent up for DS.

Another day, we were going to MK around 4 in the afternoon. We saw a MK bus about to leave and DS started running for it. The bus pulled out without seeing my son. The valet attendant saw all of this and called us over. There was a minnievan there (they were testing them out) and they offered to take us to the MK. It was awesome! They drop you as close to the MK entrance as they can. The driver told us that the service would be going live soon and said that they would be charging $20 for rides. Definitely worth it for MK. We took Uber to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon and they were each about $7 each way.

In all we had another fantastic stay. I prefer the YC (which is where we usually stay) because the majority of the rooms have a full balcony and the lobby is quieter. We had a "magical deal" that was only good at the BC. Both resorts are fantastic and my favorite due to location, etc. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about staying here!

What a great report! My son got sunstroke and was throwing up during our 2012 trip but we did not get near the attention you did. I love that level of service!

This is exactly why we have discussed staying off site in any future vacations. There are properties with bigger rooms and better facilities for much better prices just outside WDW property. Quite a few of them offer transportation too. We are prepared to experience less frequent bus services to the parks. We don't even mind not using the magic bands if necessary.
The current boss of the resorts needs to see we want to be immersed in Disney from the moment we check in. At the moment he fails to recognise this fact and making everything generic like an off site location isn't winning anyone over.

Let's face it we all know of other hotel chains with those beds and fixtures and they don't charge a fortune to stay in their rooms. My family are happy to lose the decor and location if it makes the stay more affordable for our budget for future visits.
Putting ticket and dining prices up 4 times a year is also ridiculous when there's a recession on both sides of the pond.
This could be our last big splurge for a big celebration for quite a few years we knew it would be worth it for this year and we costed it all within our budget but for others it could be a case of saving up for a long time.

@luvpoohandcompany - I am *only speculating* here, but I have been reading comments here and there about how people can't find any rooms on the website for future dates and it seems unbelievable. However, when they call in, the CMs are usually able to locate available rooms. The CMs have cited the ongoing "enhancements" to the website as to blame. I read yesterday where the CM had to actually go through IT to get the rooms scheduled! Additionally, I remember not to long ago trying to price out some rooms and the price was WAY expensive - like double what the rack rate typically is. SO, it could be that the website is just completely wrong. An increase of £3000 seems way too much - even for Disney.

Last week of June and first week of July or first 2weeks of July. I was wondering if the the fact that the "free" dining now includes an alcoholic drink had anything to do with it?? Not intending to book at these prices that's for sure! To be honest we were debating taking a year off anyhow but as our eldest son turns 20 this year we were kind of undecided as it could be the last year he holidays with us for a while. He adores YC and the age thing was swaying me that way but not at these prices!
It's frustrating isn't it! I wanna believe that the prices will go down, hopefully before free dining offers goes

Have you looked at booking from state side? We priced it up booking in the UK to here (just moved last year) and the UK free dining was £7196 for the two weeks at BC (4 Disney adults) we are paying £4500, with out dining. UK 14 day ticket priced in as you need that for free dining. We are slipt staying with BC and Poly. If I used to Poly numbers it would be £9044 from the UK :sad2:

Last edited:

There is something fishy going on here. I live in the US, but just checked the week we usually go next August and rates went up roughly $20 per night. Over 14 days that comes to $400 which is no small amount but it is a lot less than what you were discussing here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter