Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

No. The notes you requested are great. Touring plans reccomend one or the other only. You can call 10 days prior the resort to also give this request. This is when they begin to make room assignments. Its funny all the stress and of course fun in all this detail planning but yet it always works out to a wonderful Disney vacation. You will get your request or at least all your room wishes. They work hard to make wishes come true.

All right, I'm sure that this answer is somewhere, but with thousands of pots to look through ,I was getting tired. I am planning my first Disney vacation since 2015 and my ex did all the planning so I have no idea where to start. I'm bringing 4 adults (including myself) and my will be almost 5 at the time grandson. This would be my first time at a deluxe, but with the size of our party our options are limited if we don't want to spend a lot of money. What I want to know is if I book the resort as soon as I am able and then free dining is announced after I have already booked, can I call and have it added (which doesn't sound right) or do I need to cancel and re-book? I'm so excited to be headed back to Disney and to stay at the Yacht Club, I just wish it were closer because that countdown ticker is just so say. Any help anyone can give me, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!!! And dang it I cant get my ticker to work!!! But it's 2 years 2 months 2 weeks and 1 day away...such a long time!!

Well, there are a few things to consider. If you want a specific room type at a specific resort & are willing to pay rack rate to get it, book as soon as you want. If you can only stay at that resort or room type with a discount, there is no benefit to booking it before discounts are offered. Disney releases discounts to increase occupancy. They decide which resorts & rooms need more bookings & those are the ones discounted. For example, at the YC, lagoon view club level rooms are the most expensive rooms. Standard view regular rooms are the least expensive. When discounts come out, you are more likely to get a club level lagoon view room with the discount. Standard view regular rooms are much more limited with the discount or not available at all. Because those room are already booked at the rack rate. If the rooms are already booked, there are no rooms left to discount. You know, just like a retail store, you don't put something on sale if you don't have it to sell. The thought here is typically if you book ahead of time hoping for a discount you may actually be hurting the chances Disney will offer a discount.

Now if you book a room & they do release a discount you want to use: if you book a room only reservation & want to change to a room only discount, they can modify your reservation. If you have a room only reservation & want to change to a package discount ( free dining for example), it must be cancelled and rebooked. Room only reservations & packages are 2 separate booking systems so that's why the difference. If you are hoping to get a package discount & don't want to have to cancel for a discount, you might want to book your original reservation as a package. Then you should be able to just modify if a discount comes out.

And when they try to apply the discount, the resort, room type & length of nights must be available with the discount. There are limited numbers of rooms available with each discount. For example, you have a standard room booked at rack rate. Disney releases 2 standard rooms with a free dining discount. If you are the first or second caller, they can give you the discount. If you are the third caller, you can't get the discount, even tho you already have a room booked.

Sorry, hope all this makes sense. There is a special discount codes & rates subforum here too. You can get lots of good info there as discounts are released.

Well, there are a few things to consider. If you want a specific room type at a specific resort & are willing to pay rack rate to get it, book as soon as you want. If you can only stay at that resort or room type with a discount, there is no benefit to booking it before discounts are offered. Disney releases discounts to increase occupancy. They decide which resorts & rooms need more bookings & those are the ones discounted. For example, at the YC, lagoon view club level rooms are the most expensive rooms. Standard view regular rooms are the least expensive. When discounts come out, you are more likely to get a club level lagoon view room with the discount. Standard view regular rooms are much more limited with the discount or not available at all. Because those room are already booked at the rack rate. If the rooms are already booked, there are no rooms left to discount. You know, just like a retail store, you don't put something on sale if you don't have it to sell. The thought here is typically if you book ahead of time hoping for a discount you may actually be hurting the chances Disney will offer a discount.

Now if you book a room & they do release a discount you want to use: if you book a room only reservation & want to change to a room only discount, they can modify your reservation. If you have a room only reservation & want to change to a package discount ( free dining for example), it must be cancelled and rebooked. Room only reservations & packages are 2 separate booking systems so that's why the difference. If you are hoping to get a package discount & don't want to have to cancel for a discount, you might want to book your original reservation as a package. Then you should be able to just modify if a discount comes out.

And when they try to apply the discount, the resort, room type & length of nights must be available with the discount. There are limited numbers of rooms available with each discount. For example, you have a standard room booked at rack rate. Disney releases 2 standard rooms with a free dining discount. If you are the first or second caller, they can give you the discount. If you are the third caller, you can't get the discount, even tho you already have a room booked.

Sorry, hope all this makes sense. There is a special discount codes & rates subforum here too. You can get lots of good info there as discounts are released.
I agree with the last post. One thought is to book exactly what you want and when or if free dinning falls within your vacation have flexibility with dates and resorts and when you are lucky enough to get through to a cast member if dinning is very important and a great discount be ready with the choices that are available. Or keep your perfect plans. I saved a lot of money just accepting the YC over our original booking of the BC over two thousand dollars. Personally all the Disney resorts seem amazing at every level!

I have only been to Disneyworld on 2 other visits however I have helped plan a few as well. I have requested room numbers also with other details such as floor, building number and locations in case it was too specific. I and others I have helped have apparently been lucky because we have always recieved our exact room number request. I am easy to please certainly not difficult or a complainer but it works! Disney is amazing.

I do think you have been lucky to get the specific room you have requested. That room had to be available the day you were checking in. They will not "look ahead" & "hold" a room for a day or 2 because someone requested it. If it is empty already, I'm sure they would try to meet your request tho.

That iron and ironing board seem to be taking up a lot of space. (In the photo above the safe.) I wonder how many people iron when they're on vacation. If they made it "iron and ironing board available on request" I wonder how much employee time would be involved in bringing those items to the guests who need them.
The first day I get to the resort, I unpack and iron my shirts that are all wrinkled. :(

Hi! I have stayed at BC lots of times but never Club Level. My family has decided to do a last-minute splurge trip and stay CL. We are so excited! I'm wondering what our room requests should be. My TA suggested full balcony and near lounge. Does that sound good? I was wondering if I should have the TA put in the requests or just do on-line check-in. (Last year I requested full balcony on a high floor through on-line check-in. Our room was on the second floor with a tiny balcony and far from the rest of our party, so that didn't work out so well. We were very close to the stairs to the secret entrance, though, so that eased the blow a bit.)

I would appreciate any advice anyone has for rooms or CL. Our trip is in just two weeks! TIA!

We are arriving early September for 10 days our first stay at the Yacht Club! So excited. What is the Be Our Guest list? Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms still have the nautical headboards? Last question... We are staying one night at POR royal room and headed to Epcot the following day, then checking in to the YC. How important is it to check in early? I also requested a specific room number.
The nautical headboards are gone. :( But I think that the refurbished rooms look really nice.

We stayed at POR and then checked into the YC two nights later. We grabbed our suitcase and took a taxi to YC. We went straight to the check in desk and checked to see what room we were assigned. And then they gave us a nicer one when we asked nicely. :)

But if you want to go straight to the park then that works, too. I always like to check in first, though, just in case I hate the room we were assigned.

Hi! I have stayed at BC lots of times but never Club Level. My family has decided to do a last-minute splurge trip and stay CL. We are so excited! I'm wondering what our room requests should be. My TA suggested full balcony and near lounge. Does that sound good? I was wondering if I should have the TA put in the requests or just do on-line check-in. (Last year I requested full balcony on a high floor through on-line check-in. Our room was on the second floor with a tiny balcony and far from the rest of our party, so that didn't work out so well. We were very close to the stairs to the secret entrance, though, so that eased the blow a bit.)

I would appreciate any advice anyone has for rooms or CL. Our trip is in just two weeks! TIA!

These were my 2 requests and we got them both, which was awesome. I actually made my request through the Disney Signature Service person who called me prior to our trip, which is why I think we got our requests granted. Good Luck!

These were my 2 requests and we got them both, which was awesome. I actually made my request through the Disney Signature Service person who called me prior to our trip, which is why I think we got our requests granted. Good Luck!

Thank you! I wasn't sure if being near the lounge might be noisy. Since you liked it, I will make those my requests.

Disney Signature Services did not contact me. I learned about them by reading these boards, so I e-mailed them to ask about a Pirates League reservation. They replied and said that they could do it, but I needed to call and give a credit card number. I tried to call them twice and was put on hold both times and waited for a while and gave up. So, I called The Pirates League reservations directly and got through with no wait and made a reservation myself. It made me not really want to deal with DSS. I didn't even think of them for room requests. I might just go ahead and email them my requests but also have my TA do it and do online check-in. Surely one of those will work! :)

Any updates regarding the room renovations? Are all rooms complete yet?
Dee does a great job keeping page one, post one updated. Check there for the latest information based on verified data received from recent visitors and Disney cast members that frequent these boards.

The Be Our Guest list is the list of all those DISers staying at the YC/BC and the dates of their stay,
No, no renovated rooms have the nautical headboards.
Checking in early is a good idea IMHO. You can ask if your requests have been met and if not maybe see about the options.
Requesting a specific room number is not a good idea and it is not recommended. In the likely event that room is not available for your checkin day, the room assigners have no idea what about that room appealed to you so that they can try to find another room that would please you. Generic requests like high floor near elevator are recommended.
Thank you. I did make specific requests as well. Rooms look beautiful just a little diaapointed they didnt keep the nautical decor as well but grateful and excited to stay at the Yacht Club.

Page 980

I'm trying to find some info on the refurbished rooms. Does anyone know what buildings/floors/whatever have been completed so I can request one for my stay this coming weekend?

TIA./

:welcome:

Hope you are having a fantastic trip and that you got a refurbished room.

:cool1:

Question about online checkin, as mine is coming up soon. What are the advantages? We're booked standard garden view room and have no preferences other than being on as high a floor as possible. We're arriving in the late morning so it's not likely our room will be ready when we arrive. Our plan is to have lunch at Crew's Cup and then change into swim stuff and stash our bags with the bell desk so we can relax at SAB all afternoon until the room is ready. And to be honest, I like having that bit of human interaction when I arrive at a hotel. Should I do online checkin at all?

If you do the advanced check-in, you can associate a credit card to your account and select a pin which will save you a little time when you are visiting the front desk.

Not sure if others have responded with other reasons to think about doing the advanced check-in.

:thumbsup2

Been away from these boards way too long. But, we are gonna be at the BC on Saturday. Also we added a Food and Wine Trip and are staying at the YC Nov 5-10. Can you add us to the November guest list?. Can't wait to get back there.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Hope you are having a fantastic time on your current trip.

:goodvibes

Just booked a short trip for Labor Day weekend 9/2-9/4 at YC! :woohoo:This will be our first time staying on the YC side so we're excited to try it out!

I knew we couldn't make it a whole year :rotfl:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

I look forward to hearing your comments about the Yacht Club.

:cool2:

So, just back from our stay at SSR and AKL. We enjoyed both resorts, BUT... we just had to take a bus to BC and walk through the lobby , breathe deeply and walk to the International gateway. It definitely confirmed that BC is home. We all missed the resort and now I have to figure out how I am going to pay for our next stay!

Go mid August to Sept and get a magical rate and it's much more affordable then.

Go mid August to Sept and get a magical rate and it's much more affordable then.

We've done that! Have my magical TA that I love (and drive nuts with all my changes!) Got an AP this trip so have to find a time that works and that I have enough time to budget for. It's tough with a college junior who's now living off campus and has rent almost as high as our mortgage-good thing I love that kid!

When do the deals usually come out for that time frame? Curious for next year as we are thinking of going the last week of august. Never looked into them. Would It save more than going through Disney if they would by chance offer free dining? Can you add park hopper tickets? Is there a cacellation policy? Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited:
When do the deals usually come out for that time frame? Curious for next year as we are thinking of going the last week of august. Never looked into them. Would It save more than going through Disney if they would by chance offer free dining? Can you add park hopper tickets? Is there a cacellation policy? Sorry for all the questions!

I will PM you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter