• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you, Sue, for the tip about the "Enclosed Balcony" being smaller rooms - and possibly too small for the daybed. Those we be all the 4th floor balcony rooms facing Epcot, I believe. We have two teens, so the daybed (an a little more room) would certainly be nice so one doesn't have to sleep on the air mattress on the floor.

Now I am even more unsure what to book and request, though! Hope someone comes through with a map showing the daybed room locations at BC.

How big are the balconies? Big enough for three adults to sit out there at the end of the night and have a drink? Looking to stay at Yacht club.

Last edited:
Welp, an email from BWI about construction just pushed me to change my July reservation to a first-time stay at BC! Initially had shied away from BC because of the YC construction, but that doesn't seem like that'll be visible at all from BC. A little bummed because BWI looked really nice, but the BC looks gorgeous too. July 20-25. Can't wait!

Can you share a photo of a room with a dormer balcony? I'm not sure I understand the difference.
6_zps47b6b14c.jpg

The rooms on the top floor have the dormer balcony.

Also how loud are the fireworks from the parks at the resort? We will have two young kids and probably back at the hotel sleeping by the time the fireworks start.
If you have a room near the Epcot side of the BC and BCV then the fireworks are pretty loud.

First time at YC. Any suggestions for room request for a garden view room? Thanks.
Ask for a gazebo view. Those are the nicest garden view rooms and you might have a sideways view of the lagoon. :)

Thank you, Sue, for the tip about the "Enclosed Balcony" being smaller rooms - and possibly too small for the daybed. Those we be all the 4th floor balcony rooms facing Epcot, I believe.
You are right that the there are fourth floor rooms facing Epcot with dormer balconies. The picture I posted above is one of them. :)
exterior%20lagoon%20side_zpsxotggeoe.jpg

These fourth floors rooms have a large balcony. There aren't any dormers on this section. You'll also notice the the corner room on the 2nd floor (to the far left) doesn't have any balcony.

side%20window%20right_zpswtvb25nu.jpg

This section has five floors, some of the rooms have full balconies and some have dormers. The section to the right has only four floors.

The BC has different levels in different sections. The 5th floor in the main part of the building is club level, so they have to deal with dormer balconies. If you had a 4th floor in this section it would not have a dormer balcony, although it might have a standing balcony. The top floor in the picture above is th 4th floor. The section closest to the quiet pool has only three floors, so the top floor of that section is the third floor. It is a very unique resort. ;)

ow big are the balconies? Big enough for three adults to sit out there at the end of the night and have a drink?
Only 50% of the balconies at the BC are full size and large enough for three adults, although there are only two chairs.

Last edited:

Hi guys! For those that have booked a couple months ago, did you receive the little Incredibles booklet in the mail about your upcoming trip? I love those Dumbo cards that have all the important dates on them. Just wondering if they're still sending them! Thanks!!!

We booked YC about 6 weeks ago (had BC but changed with AP discount) and we just received our booklets Monday. We arrive 7/27 to give you a timeframe for our arrival and when we received it.

Hi guys! For those that have booked a couple months ago, did you receive the little Incredibles booklet in the mail about your upcoming trip? I love those Dumbo cards that have all the important dates on them. Just wondering if they're still sending them! Thanks!!!

We booked the BB last September for POR and got the booklet about 2 weeks later. Then, in October we decided to switch to YC and received a new booklet about 2 weeks after that.

We booked the BB last September for POR and got the booklet about 2 weeks later. Then, in October we decided to switch to YC and received a new booklet about 2 weeks after that.

I'll be looking for mine! I'll keep you guys posted, thank you!!!

I don't think it's bookable just yet, it begins 12 May 2017 so just keep an eye on it for now I'm sure it will show up on the app soon though . A few news sites for Orlando have mentioned it and it's on Disney's own web pages somewhere ....that's where I first read about it taking over from Wishes which ends 11 May 2017. That show has been going for a while since 2003! Can't believe that previously the fireworks had been the same since about 1976 or something like that.
I booked the dessert party for 5/12 at the plaza when I did my adr's. It was wishes then but just shows up as "fireworks dessert party" now in mde.

Random question: can you get pizza delivered to your room at Yacht Club? I saw online somewhere that Beach Club had it, but I'm wondering about Yacht Club?

Random question: can you get pizza delivered to your room at Yacht Club? I saw online somewhere that Beach Club had it, but I'm wondering about Yacht Club?

I believe some of the value or moderate resorts had or have pizza delivery in place of regular room service. Yacht and Beach Club have a full room service menu. I don't know if pizza is on the menu but I think allears.net has the menu.

You can order from a pizza place and meet the pizza guy in the lobby. There used to be a lot of threads on this, but I haven't seen them lately. You can ask lobby cast members what they recommend. I think people ordered from Flippers. I can't remember the name of the other place.

If you find a flyer slipped under your room door, do not order from it. It probably is a scam to steal your credit card number.

Thanks for the info! Yeah we would not order from a flyer under the room. This is actually for my rehersal dinner for my wedding. I'm having a pizza-by-the-pool "dinner" at the Yacht Club Quiet Pool (very casual- I know!), so we're just wondering if we can order room service pizza for it or if we'll have to get Dominos or some other off-property company deliver it to the lobby.

*update: I checked the room service menu on AllEars and they do have pizza! So I think that's what we'll do. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the info! Yeah we would not order from a flyer under the room. This is actually for my rehersal dinner for my wedding. I'm having a pizza-by-the-pool "dinner" at the Yacht Club Quiet Pool (very casual- I know!), so we're just wondering if we can order room service pizza for it or if we'll have to get Dominos or some other off-property company deliver it to the lobby.

*update: I checked the room service menu on AllEars and they do have pizza! So I think that's what we'll do. Thanks for the suggestion!

I remembered the name of the other pizza place from which people ordered: Giordanos. But it sounds like you have a plan. Sounds like fun!

Just to follow up, we've had pizza delivered from Flippers to Yacht Club, so you can have off-site delivery. On-site may be fine, but if cost is an issue you might want to at least price out the off-site options. Room delivery pizza is super expensive at Disney. Link to a post discussing off-site pizza a few years ago - http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/01/26/non-disney-pizza-delivered-resort/

On edit, just based on the menu I'd order from off-site. You seem to have more options at a better price. Only hassle is someone has to meet the delivery person in the lobby but that seems doable.

Last edited:
Just to follow up, we've had pizza delivered from Flippers to Yacht Club, so you can have off-site delivery. On-site may be fine, but if cost is an issue you might want to at least price out the off-site options. Room delivery pizza is super expensive at Disney. Link to a post discussing off-site pizza a few years ago - http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/01/26/non-disney-pizza-delivered-resort/

On edit, just based on the menu I'd order from off-site. You seem to have more options at a better price. Only hassle is someone has to meet the delivery person in the lobby but that seems doable.

Thanks for your input! I'll definitely check into flippers! Since this is our rehearsal dinner and we're not having a big traditional dinner like at most weddings we have a bit of a bigger budget than you would normally have for ordering pizza, around $300 is what we can spend on food and drinks, but of course it's always better to save money if we can! Especially during wedding planning- those dollars can definitely find another home! Haha. I'll definitely look into them :)

Oh yes we love Giordanos! We're Floridians born in Chicago so it's a popular place for our family. Surprisingly though not my favorite pizza haha so I might look in to Flippers if it will save us a bunch over room service :)

We received one of those Incredibles booklets for our trip last August - but for this June's trip we received a booklet with the Magic Kingdom on it - with a gold statue of Walt and Mickey in front. The important dates are listed on the back cover page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter