• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

No real fireworks view from the Villas. They are built behind the BC. Although one year we did see some of the "high" Illuminations fireworks from a woods view room.
The best place to see, what little can be see outside of Epcot, is on the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk.

Keep in mind there are great fireworks at hollywood studios every night now too

Keep in mind there are great fireworks at hollywood studios every night now too

I have not seen them, but I have read several threads on the DIS that stated that really, the only good views were from right in DHS itself. They say the show is now more of a projection show with a few fireworks, that the previous fabulous fireworks show. That is why I didn't mention seeing them from near the BCV

Has anyone been to YC lately and have an update on the fittings and fairings rehab? The post on page one says the whole store is closing in April and grand opening in May. Has the whole store closed yet? Just curious if they are still on track. We go the beginning of June.

Has anyone been to YC lately and have an update on the fittings and fairings rehab? The post on page one says the whole store is closing in April and grand opening in May. Has the whole store closed yet? Just curious if they are still on track. We go the beginning of June.

Yes store closed on Easter Sunday and moved to a "pop up" location in the lobby.

I have not seen them, but I have read several threads on the DIS that stated that really, the only good views were from right in DHS itself. They say the show is now more of a projection show with a few fireworks, that the previous fabulous fireworks show. That is why I didn't mention seeing them from near the BCV

No, there are lots of fireworks in the Hollywood Studios show. I could see them from my room at Boardwalk Villas, so you don't have to be in the park to see them.

We will be there the week after thanksgiving staying at yc. Should we be concerned about the refurbishment? No one told us about it when we booked over the phone,

Ideally, I'd love a refurbished room, nearest the Beach Club end of the resort (I have to use the gym for rehab and would like to be somewhat close to that, as opposed to being clear over by the quiet pool). But from what I've read, only the 4th floor (given that we're not staying club level) will be done with refurb in early June. So, if I request to be near the gym, will I put myself out of the possibility of a refurbed room?

For those who frequent the YC, are the older rooms terribly "tired" that you'd be disappointed to not get a newly refurbished room? My hope is that we could get one or the other ~ either a refurbed room OR a room close to the gym. Which would you think would be more likely?

Since you would take the main bank of elevators down to the lobby to get to the health club, then asking for a room near the BC end might not give you what you want. I have a feeling most of those rooms are standard view, but not sure of that. There a lot of garden view rooms close to the lobby, near the wedding gazebo. That might be a good area to be in. But if you really want a refurbished room than I would put that at the top of your list.

If you time it right, you can take what I call the "Fireworks Cruise," which is actually the FriendShip boat timed to see the fireworks while on the way to/from HS. One time, I could see the fireworks from IllumiNations out one side and HS fireworks out the other. The captain was great - he purposely slowed down the speed to a crawl, so that everyone on board could see the HS show.

If you time it right, you can take what I call the "Fireworks Cruise," which is actually the FriendShip boat timed to see the fireworks while on the way to/from HS. One time, I could see the fireworks from IllumiNations out one side and HS fireworks out the other. The captain was great - he purposely slowed down the speed to a crawl, so that everyone on board could see the HS show.

My wife and I head over to the Boardwalk Community Hall. Grab 2 adirondack chairs and setup camp by the walkway that runs parallel to the canal to take in the higher HS fireworks.

We will be there the week after thanksgiving staying at yc. Should we be concerned about the refurbishment? No one told us about it when we booked over the phone,
Hi! Dee does an amazing job of keeping the first page up to date with any news/updates...the last info she posted was that it should possibly be completed in August so you should be good! Check out the first page for more great info! :)

No, there are lots of fireworks in the Hollywood Studios show. I could see them from my room at Boardwalk Villas, so you don't have to be in the park to see them.
Agreed, because the Fireworks are launched from the other side of World Drive now, they are to the right of the Chinese Theatre, aka closer to YC.

You can also see the high ones from the Future World side of the World Showcase

Hi everyone! Is there a separate thread for BCV or does this cover it too?

:welcome:

This thread includes info and is for guests of Beach Club Villas too. I admittedly don't know a whole lot about the villas, but fortunately, there are a lot of experts who hang out here and can help with questions.

Posts 10 and 11 on Page 1 have BCV info and pictures and links to other treads on the DVC Forum.

Do you have an upcoming trip booked? ETA: D'OH- I see in your signature you are considering BCV for next year.

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2Thanks to an eagle-eyed friend... here is the May activities schedule early!

New this month:

Seaside Sundays from 5:30 to 6:30 pm:

Join us on the Big Beach for games, music and arts & crafts and seaside fun!

I don't see any indication of a charge for this.

If anyone does this and has pictures to share for the thread, that would be great!

Also, if anyone does the Make Your Own Ice Cream activity at the pool, I'd love to see/hear about this. There is a fee for this.

Last edited:
i scored free dining from Dec 13 to Dec 22 at yacht club garden view. our youngest will be 10 when we travel which makes all 5 of us "adults" now. i have a couple of questions for the wise members of the board...
  • he is a picky eater and will likely want the kids menu at times (hello chicken nuggets). i assume he will be able to order either kids or adult options?
  • if we want a quiet room and don't mind walking, would the best wording be "far from elevators" for room request or simply "quiet room".
  • our first vacation was booked by a TA so it was taken care of but does anyone know what arrangements i need to make for magical express from orlando airport (flying in from canada, not sure if that makes a difference)
okay, only 3 questions... so far!

i have had to cancel dec 15 and dec 16 trips. i don't even remember what happened first time, last year furnace died and had to be replaced.
we just replaced our roof this week, which was also pressing so i *really* hope we make it to yacht club this year.

and i love the new rooms!! i would have been happy just to be there but it appears one good thing came out of our delays, we should be guaranteed a refurbed room!!

i have learned so much from all the shared advice here, thanks to all who share. :)

i scored free dining from Dec 13 to Dec 22 at yacht club garden view. our youngest will be 10 when we travel which makes all 5 of us "adults" now. i have a couple of questions for the wise members of the board...
  • he is a picky eater and will likely want the kids menu at times (hello chicken nuggets). i assume he will be able to order either kids or adult options?
  • if we want a quiet room and don't mind walking, would the best wording be "far from elevators" for room request or simply "quiet room".
  • our first vacation was booked by a TA so it was taken care of but does anyone know what arrangements i need to make for magical express from orlando airport (flying in from canada, not sure if that makes a difference)
okay, only 3 questions... so far!

i have had to cancel dec 15 and dec 16 trips. i don't even remember what happened first time, last year furnace died and had to be replaced.
we just replaced our roof this week, which was also pressing so i *really* hope we make it to yacht club this year.

and i love the new rooms!! i would have been happy just to be there but it appears one good thing came out of our delays, we should be guaranteed a refurbed room!!

i have learned so much from all the shared advice here, thanks to all who share. :)

You can book the Magical Express yourself. Here is the link to the website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

I would just ask for a quiet room. We had a room near the elevator that was on a very short section of the wing, so very few people walked past it. It was very quiet.

You can order a kids meal using an adult credit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter