Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I love Wolfgang Express for lunch, but it isn't fast to get to on arrival day. :)
We wouldnt get it for lunch. We would get it later that night. Probably a snack when we get in from our flight. Hang around the resort and boardwalk until we can get our room. Check out the room and relax for a bit then go down to Disney Springs about 6.

We wouldnt get it for lunch. We would get it later that night. Probably a snack when we get in from our flight. Hang around the resort and boardwalk until we can get our room. Check out the room and relax for a bit then go down to Disney Springs about 6.

I think the excitement of getting to Disney and BCVs will outweigh the need to eat. Yes, you're rolling the dice but you can keep them pre-occupied with the anticipation of having a snack and a Mickey Bar when you get to the BC. Our approach is to always get out of the airport as quickly as possible. Like others said, getting to Disney Springs does take some time so plan on 45 minutes plus for that adventure! Nonetheless, Have fun!

I think so, it didn't look like they could have fit 2 queen beds in the room- it would have been really tight. We have a king bed at home and I know this wasn't a king bed- it was a queen.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Thanks for the reply... You learn something everyday!! :thumbsup2

Carla

We are planning a dinner at Crews Cup Lounge. It doesn't appear to have any kid offerings. Is this true? Is it not very kid friendly? I chose this because I want to try the Chef's choice pasta and didn't want to go to Captains Grille with kids.

Just head down to Disney Springs to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express when we start to get hungry. No parks that night.

I would grab a quick hamburger at a burger king or mcdonalds in the airport and bring it to the ME area and just eat while waiting for the bus. If you don't eat then and wait til you get to the hotel, eating lunch at around 3, nobody will be hungry for dinner at Disney springs.

Recent Club Level guests, at both BC and YC- so, is the welcome cocktail still offered or is it gone?

:drinking1

We stayed at the YC CL in mid-May, and were offered only soft drinks, beer, and wine. I did not know anything about a welcome drink, so did not know to ask about it. A little later in the week I was walking by the desk when a lady who had obviously stayed there before was checking in. She asked for the welcome drink, and the CM told her that they had discontinued those. I think she said not too long ago, but I can't remember for sure. So then I was disappointed that I didn't get to try something I hadn't even known existed until it was gone :rotfl:. We have stayed CL at the Poly, RPC, CR atrium, YC, and WL and have never gotten an actual welcome drink. We got wine at the YC and WL, diet coke at the Poly, and IIRC nothing at RPC and the CR. They showed us the lounge quickly, but didn't offer to get us a drink. Not a big deal, but it's the little things sometimes...

My children could always get a little irritable if they missed a meal, at the age of your children. You know your children the best.

I would grab a quick hamburger at a burger king or mcdonalds in the airport and bring it to the ME area and just eat while waiting for the bus. If you don't eat then and wait til you get to the hotel, eating lunch at around 3, nobody will be hungry for dinner at Disney springs.

After I started crunching the time schedule it pretty much answered it for me. We will probably grab a quick snack or light lunch at the airport before DME

After I started crunching the time schedule it pretty much answered it for me. We will probably grab a quick snack or light lunch at the airport before DME

Yes, probably best, hopefully not but you never know if you have to wait at DME or hit traffic, better safe then sorry.

We are planning a dinner at Crews Cup Lounge. It doesn't appear to have any kid offerings. Is this true? Is it not very kid friendly? I chose this because I want to try the Chef's choice pasta and didn't want to go to Captains Grille with kids.

Can't answer about the kids menu, but not sure why you wouldn't want to go to Captain's Grille with kids? It is just a casual table service restaurant. Crew's Cup is more of a bar/ lounge type place. Seems less like a kids place than Captain's Grille.

Can't answer about the kids menu, but not sure why you wouldn't want to go to Captain's Grille with kids? It is just a casual table service restaurant. Crew's Cup is more of a bar/ lounge type place. Seems less like a kids place than Captain's Grille.

IDK, by prices and table service Captains Grill just seemed fancier/more adult focused maybe. Plus maybe we felt the lounge would be a bit more relaxed to eat and DH was thinking maybe wings.

IDK, by prices and table service Captains Grill just seemed fancier/more adult focused maybe. Plus maybe we felt the lounge would be a bit more relaxed to eat and DH was thinking maybe wings.

I get wanting the wings at the lounge. But just so you know, CG isn't fancier or more adult focused. It is very family friendly & relaxed. The lounge is a bar like atmosphere which to me is more adult oriented.

Edit to add: either one will be fine with kids actually. It is Disney, after all! :goodvibes

I agree Captain's Grille is more appropriate for a family lunch. It is casual, not fancy at all. It has good food and nice servers.
Crew's Cup is a bar/lounge that happens to have some food. I would think it intentionally doesn't have a kids menu.
Of course you can go there, but personally I would prefer Captain's Grille for lunch with my family

I am so happy to report that I will be staying at the Beach Club- standard room- for the very first time- April 27-May 1, for a Girls' Getaway Weekend! Super excited for my first Deluxe experience! This thread has been so helpful!

One question- what is the latest reservation available at Cape May Cafe? The flight I'm looking at doesn't land until 8 pm, though I'm trying hard to find one that lands at least an hour earlier. I really want to maximize my table credits, and my other meals are already taken care of, but my group will be at AK that night, and I won't make it on time... Beaches and Cream is my other option, as they are open later, but not as good a use of a credit.

From allears Nov. 2015: Notes:
THIS IS AN ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET DINNER

Hours are Seasonal 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Maybe someone who was there in April/May 2016 will have a better answer for you. :)

We really enjoy Crew cups lounge. Good food and decent atmosphere too
We too enjoyed CCL and CG for both breakfast and dinner they cooked everything fresh and refilled very frequently on the breakfast buffet dishes or you could ask for something specific to enjoy, dinner was great quality food with a nice quiet atmosphere and yet we were still looked after by our server who wasn't at all over doing things like some places I can think of. It made a pleasant evening dining experience after being in the parks all day and nursing tired heads and feet. Can I just say I hope they managed to fix those gorgeous moving pictures on the walls of the yachts on the seas, they were fun for the kids to watch and were very unique we've never seen them anywhere else before or since!

Last edited:
So, I just watched a Dis Podcast from about a year or so ago, where they discussed YC for 51 minutes. To say I was in heaven would be putting it lightly. It made that time on the elliptical fly by! Opinions are just that, they are what they are. I agreed with some sentiments, not with others. This team doing the podcast seems to be BC-blue through and through, so the overall tone was the Marcia/Jan Brady comparison I remember NinjaMom making a couple of years back, but I did want to comment on one thing. One woman discussing the YC was saying how the story of how SAB got it's name was one of the silliest Disney has ever come up with, making up a pirate named Stormalong, and saying he crashed at YC/BC. Well, some of you know I teach elementary school, and every year I teach a story called "Stormalong" by Mary Pope Osbourne (of "Magic Treehouse" fame), and indeed, this is a real legend!

May I offer this link, and y'all will see that Disney wasn't being so lazy after all. I'd love to email this woman (and the podcast team) with this information, but don't want to be "too" much of a know-it-all! :rolleyes1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Bulltop_Stormalong

So, I just watched a Dis Podcast from about a year or so ago, where they discussed YC for 51 minutes. To say I was in heaven would be putting it lightly. It made that time on the elliptical fly by! Opinions are just that, they are what they are. I agreed with some sentiments, not with others. This team doing the podcast seems to be BC-blue through and through, so the overall tone was the Marcia/Jan Brady comparison I remember NinjaMom making a couple of years back, but I did want to comment on one thing. One woman discussing the YC was saying how the story of how SAB got it's name was one of the silliest Disney has ever come up with, making up a pirate named Stormalong, and saying he crashed at YC/BC. Well, some of you know I teach elementary school, and every year I teach a story called "Stormalong" by Mary Pope Osbourne (of "Magic Treehouse" fame), and indeed, this is a real legend!

May I offer this link, and y'all will see that Disney wasn't being so lazy after all. I'd love to email this woman (and the podcast team) with this information, but don't want to be "too" much of a know-it-all! :rolleyes1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Bulltop_Stormalong

Here's the blurb from the Map/Information packet you get when you check into the resort:

Legend has it that a gigantic sailor named Stormalong came along some time ago and took these parts by storm, running his great ship aground where Stormalong Bay now stands. His mighty vessel plowed into the shoreline in a fierce nor'easter, tearing into the sand and creating the pools and waterways of Stormalong Bay.

:sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter