• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think the Super Target is the easiest traffic wise to get to. Its near Animal Kingdom on 192. Just follow signs to Animal Kingdom LODGE and turn left at the light on Sherbeth Road. Then turn right on 192. Target is up on the left. Going west of DIsney avoids the horrible traffic by Disney Springs and International Drive.
Across the street from this Target there is a Publix too - it was an older store but had everything we needed. We didn't know about the Target when we headed out in our Uber, which was AWESOME!!

I like the Walmart on SR 535. The address is 3250 Vineland rd. Kissimee Florida 34746 phone:1-407-3971125

I like that they have the Walmart everyday low prices here which is not something that you can say about the supermarkets closest to WDW (The locals will tell you that these supermarket locations close to Disney Property jack up the prices)

In addition to groceries, this Walmart also has a liquor section, fresh produce and sundries in case you forgot something for the trip. I like to buy my pool noodles here now that Pastina, Paul, Ramen and Penny Noodle have left the country and are living abroad.

To go from the Beach club to this Walmart was around $40-45 round trip with tip by cab and about $ 20-22 round trip for the smallest Uber car. If you travel during the afternoon rush hour the trip might cost a little more depending on traffic.

~NM
Our Uber to the Publix over by Super Target was $9 there and $12 back due to the toll road she took - still very, very reasonsable!!

Excited to report that I booked our last leg at the Beach Club- September 28th-October 2nd :). We are staying at Uni for a few days then Bay Lake Tower and ending the fun at the BC.

Hi everybody. Just checking in. Things are going good here in Vegas. House is ahead of schedule, I got good mammo results and am officially over the 5 year hurdle. We are heading to Huntington Beach on Saturday and will be visiting Disneyland too. I miss Bob and Florida so much but am adjusting to my new normal! I so miss my Disney friends and our chats in the lobby but now I chat with second graders .... Which makes me miss you all even more!!!! Hopefully when Lily and I are at WDW in September, we will run into a few of you!

Hi! Our family of five is booked for our YC stay from 9/3-9/7, park hopping 3 days. I have a question that I have really tried to find the answer to in these forums, but I cannot, so I am sorry if the answer is some place I just couldn't dig through: We have been going back and forth regarding upgrading to CL for our stay. But when I went online and then asked my TA, no CL rooms are showing availability. Does anyone know if this might change? Is this common? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Our family of five is booked for our YC stay from 9/3-9/7, park hopping 3 days. I have a question that I have really tried to find the answer to in these forums, but I cannot, so I am sorry if the answer is some place I just couldn't dig through: We have been going back and forth regarding upgrading to CL for our stay. But when I went online and then asked my TA, no CL rooms are showing availability. Does anyone know if this might change? Is this common? Thanks in advance!
It can change, it's pretty easy to check yourself online. The tricky part is sometimes certain discounts aren't always available, even if a room is. You could also check at Beach Club.

Okay, thanks. Our TA has offered switching to BC CL, but for some reason, I am set on YC. We love the DCL ships, so maybe that is swaying me? (Decor seems similar). :tongue:

Okay, thanks. Our TA has offered switching to BC CL, but for some reason, I am set on YC. We love the DCL ships, so maybe that is swaying me? (Decor seems similar). :tongue:
It's your call. Keep in mind the resorts are very close, you can visit YC if you select BC. They both are lovely, and of course, share Storm Along Bay. :goodvibes

Renovations are expected to start on YC rooms sometime later this year. When they did the BC renovations, they started on 5 (CL) and worked their way down. Some (or all) CL rooms may have been taken out of inventory until an official start date has been determined?

ETA: this us just a guess, but I will say we were unable to book a YC CL room late last year for our trip in Feb, when it was rumored the refurb was to start in Jan.

Hi All,
I haven't visited the thread at all and am still catching up (Teena retired?!?!?!!?). I wanted to drop a quick Hi! and say we just booked a trip for the end of April so please add us to the guest list. We'll be at the BC Apr 21- Apr 27. We are looking forward to coming back "home"!

I just found out about the new Disney summer room discounts. For our 6 days/5 nights in June, Disney is offering BC garden view for $2,300 which is '30% off'. When I looked at our 'magical deal' for a BC standard view room for the same nights, it was $1,500!

I am loving this magical agency! Thank you to everyone here who recommended it!

Hi all my BC/YC friends! We arrived Saturday around lunch time and things have been fantastic! We received our text while on the Magical Express and were placed in room 4134, just to the left of the main entrance with a woods view. The room is in excellent condition and was spotlessly clean. Mousekeeping has been amazing as well. We are loving the beautiful weather and have enjoyed great meals at O'hana and Sci-Fi so far. We had breakfast at Captains Grill today which was just ok but I think that might be more down to the service.

Stormalong Bay has been pretty uncrowded so far and we've had no trouble finding a lounger. We had a yummy lunch at Hurricane Hanna's yesterday (the field green salad with chicken and blue cheese is great) and while I haven't had a Sunken Tresure yet I plan on remedying that situation when I go down to the pool in about an half hour's time.

We had a lot of fun at MK on Saturday night; people mover, carousel of progress, IASW and hall of presidents were all walk ons while we had FPs for Space Mountain, Seven Dwarves and Haunted Mansion. I got to see Wishes and of course cried at the end while my boys made fun of me. It really was a perfect night.

Yesterday was super fun with about 4 hours at the pool followed by a leisurely stroll over to HS. We hit up Toy Story, Tower of Terror and Star Tours, checked out the Launch Bay, did a meet and greet with Chewbacca and saw the phenomenal Star Wars fireworks. Friends of ours from home are here as well so we were able to meet up with them which was fun.

We hit up Epcot this morning after breakfast and did Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Club Cool, the Seas and the Behind the Seeds tour. We are heading back this evening to meet up with our friends in World Showcase and watch Illuminations. Overall, these first few days have been simply perfect! I really need to know the location of the secret closet because I am not leaving! I'll keep you all posted on the rest of our adventures!

Hi, everyone,
After planning to stay at BC for last year's F&W and then having to cancel, I'm happy to announce that we are booked using rented points in BCV for January 5-January 9 in a studio. Me and DH along with our twin girls who will be 13. DH and I will be running the Goofy challenge and am really excited that my girls will be able to just go out on the boardwalk to watch us run by as we head toward the marathon finish!

This thread is so great and has wonderful information. I'm happy to see renovations have begun on the BCV side and am figuring they will all be done by the time we arrive in January. While my girls will be 13, they are pretty small in size and they hate to share a bed (I guess those 9 months in utero together did them in) and so I'm hoping with the refurbishments that we'll have the extra murphy bed for one of them to sleep on. At least I hope so. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes and all the great information!

Hi everybody. Just checking in. Things are going good here in Vegas. House is ahead of schedule, I got good mammo results and am officially over the 5 year hurdle. We are heading to Huntington Beach on Saturday and will be visiting Disneyland too. I miss Bob and Florida so much but am adjusting to my new normal! I so miss my Disney friends and our chats in the lobby but now I chat with second graders .... Which makes me miss you all even more!!!! Hopefully when Lily and I are at WDW in September, we will run into a few of you!

Good to hear you are settling in. And good mammo results with the house is ahead of schedule - that's awesome!

I bet those second graders are good for a laugh or two. :) Hopefully they appreciate that you have personal connections to Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:
:thumbsup2 Yay for 5 yrs!! Wish I could get away and meet up in DL! Have fun!!

Really disappointed. The summer discount was released with up to 30% off for my dates; however, Beach Club is listed at only a 15% discount. When I called the lady told me adding the discount actually raised my package price, which makes no sense to me. She tried to tell me I already had a discount, but I have never applied a discount to my package and I booked way back in September. I saw that Yacht Club was listed under 30% off and asked to switch over there, but was told there was no availability during my dates. Needless to say I am frustrated and disappointed. Anyone have tips on this? Does more availability ever open up on these deals?

Hi All,
I haven't visited the thread at all and am still catching up (Teena retired?!?!?!!?). I wanted to drop a quick Hi! and say we just booked a trip for the end of April so please add us to the guest list. We'll be at the BC Apr 21- Apr 27. We are looking forward to coming back "home"!

We have the same dates!

Really disappointed. The summer discount was released with up to 30% off for my dates; however, Beach Club is listed at only a 15% discount. When I called the lady told me adding the discount actually raised my package price, which makes no sense to me. She tried to tell me I already had a discount, but I have never applied a discount to my package and I booked way back in September. I saw that Yacht Club was listed under 30% off and asked to switch over there, but was told there was no availability during my dates. Needless to say I am frustrated and disappointed. Anyone have tips on this? Does more availability ever open up on these deals?

Not usually, but sometimes. It never hurts to keep trying. This is the problem that some run into when booking before discounts are released. The more rooms that are filled at rack rates means less rooms that are included in the discount.

Call back and ask the CM to look for a discounted room on any of the dates of your stay (if you are willing to split your reservation). We could not get a non-CL room with a discount on a random Monday in June, but the next 4 nights were open. I gave up that one night. This was with a passholder discount, but when I checked the new deal, same problem, that 1 night is blocked off. Another option is to look at Orbitz. (And use promo code). For some resorts they have a different room category discounted than when Disney shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter