Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome:

Let me know which month you are staying if you want to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

I have never been able to find posted operating hours for Stormalong Bay online. I think while you are there, you can find the hours on a sandwich type sign at poolside. The hours can change from week to week and sometimes within the same week depending on crowd conditions and weather.

I think you can generally expect the pool to be open from 9 am to 11 pm in the summer. The lifeguards may keep the pool open later than that at their discretion, but I'm not sure.

During colder times of the year, I believe SAB opens at 10 am and closes earlier in the evening.

:fish:

Thank you!! I really appreciate the info!

We're staying at the Yacht Club next month for the first time. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but their rates were even more ridiculous than usual for our dates. Anyway....just a couple questions regarding the YC. I've never made a room request, but should I? Is there anything I should ask for? Also....we love heading to the BC Marketplace for breakfast.....but how far is this going to be from the YC? Thank you!!

Sorry everyone I've not read most of this new thread :blush::goodvibes but saw elsewhere there is going to be an afternoon tea offered in the BC solarium, I used to love sitting in there taking time out to relax but I guess won't be able to do this any more? Am going to be interested to see how this all works out.

Hi everybody. Survived my first 24 hours as a Vegas resident. Had a horrible experience with movers on Thursday ... Will tell all about it once a resolution is reached, good or bad. I miss Florida terribly already but Lily and Jeanne make up for it. Lily is already asking when we are flying to Disney World ...just the 2 of us ...cause Mommy has to work.

Being in Vegas, you should make the trip out to Disneyland! It's a wonderful resort and you will enjoy the parks there very much! (said as a Californian who is proud of her home parks)

Sorry everyone I've not read most of this new thread :blush::goodvibes but saw elsewhere there is going to be an afternoon tea offered in the BC solarium, I used to love sitting in there taking time out to relax but I guess won't be able to do this any more? Am going to be interested to see how this all works out.

Here is the info I have on the afternoon teas. I have put this info on Page 1 in the post about activities and the one about the Solarium.

Sounds like the tea will be offered on a limited basis. Not sure at what time(s). So for the most part, the Solarium should be available as usual. Certainly more accessible than when the Solarium acted as the temporary health club during renovation of the spa.

Breaking News:

An afternoon tea will be offered in the Crescent Solarium beginning in February 2016. There will be both savory and sweet treats available, along with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The tea is offered on 2/11-2/14, 3/24-3/29, 5/5-5/8 and 9/1-9/5 and reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

:goodvibes

We're staying at the Yacht Club next month for the first time. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but their rates were even more ridiculous than usual for our dates. Anyway....just a couple questions regarding the YC. I've never made a room request, but should I? Is there anything I should ask for? Also....we love heading to the BC Marketplace for breakfast.....but how far is this going to be from the YC? Thank you!!

One August morning, I timed the walk from the Yacht Club lobby (the globe) to the Beach Club lobby. It was 5 minutes at a moderate pace. So it will be whatever time/distance from your room to the YC lobby plus 5 or 6 minutes.

:thumbsup2

One August morning, I timed the walk from the Yacht Club lobby (the globe) to the Beach Club lobby. It was 5 minutes at a moderate pace. So it will be whatever time/distance from your room to the YC lobby plus 5 or 6 minutes.

Thanks so much! :)

The afternoon tea is scheduled for one long weekend [Thurs - Sun] for select months, currently Feb., Mar., May, and Sep. This could change but hopefully won't be disruptive to your relaxing time!

Edited to add:
Oops....I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting as Natebenma beat me to the punch :bored:, and I'm not talking Sunken Treasure kinda punch either! :drinking:

Being in Vegas, you should make the trip out to Disneyland! It's a wonderful resort and you will enjoy the parks there very much! (said as a Californian who is proud of her home parks)

We have been there ...probably 6 times. Lily isn't a fan ...calls it baby Disney. It is a good place to go when Jeanne has a long weekend! I'm sure we will visit once a year.

page 380-382

Hi again! We have a week planned at BC from August 23 - 30 - we are hoping to sell our home and buy a new one in the meantime so hopefully that will go well so that we can be at the BC to celebrate the end of the summer! Last July when we stayed at BC we were upgraded from CL GV to a 1 bedroom suite! This time booked just a SV room to save a few $$ as we'll be spending a pretty penny on our new home.... but I don't care - at least we will be at the BC!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Good luck with the home sale/purchase!

Last night, just for fun, I went on the Disney site and looked up hotel availability and prices for the week in October 2016 that would be the equivalent to the one I am planning for in 2017. Sticker shock!

That does not sound like it was as fun as you had hoped!

:(

Keep watching, and hopefully as your trip gets closer, actual prices will be better than the ones you have been seeing.

::yes::

Love it! I just logged in which I haven't done in forever to find one of my "very old" pics of the Sunken Treasure in the last post! Well, that gives me a warm feeling inside....:love:

I have a quirky question I know has been asked before, but I really need the answer. Does any know or have a picture of what the new mattresses are in the BC refurbed rooms? I have slept on them 3 times now, and LOVE those beds. We are purchasing a new mattress and I want to know exactly which ones they are, and what kind of padding is on top. Anyone there now who can take a picture of the tag for me?? I remember years ago they used to have a little catalog of linens and such that you could purchase, but I haven't seen that in my past few trips.

Thanks!!

We got the tag for the daybed, but not the regular mattresses.

For guests who are staying at the Beach Club now, or soon, if you think of it can you take a look at the mattress to see if you can find any info or a tag indicating the brand/model number.

Thanks!!!

Can you add me to the list?! We just booked a "magical" deal for Beach Club! Checking in Aug 15-22.

We stayed these dates last year and although we were originally planning a cruise for this year, we just loved our time last year so much we are going back to Disney this year!

:welcome: back!!!

Would love to add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Starting to think about packing. Can anyone please tell me what toiletries are provided in the room? Thank you!

There are small bottles of H2O brand shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. And there are bars of soap, too.

Thanks for replying to this, Sue. I have a couple of pictures (not great, a little blurry) that I will post.

toiletries.jpg

Hello, we are currently booked at the Beach Club August 17-27, 2016. This thread helped our choice a lot.

Glad to hear we could help you with your resort choice.

:cool2:

We are considering YC for our next trip. I am trying to find out about the refurb, but I am getting confused. From what I understand Beach Club is done and they are working on YC currently, but there is no projected end date? Is that correct?

As shoreward pointed out, the BC resort has been totally refurbed, the YC lounge has undergone renovations and is open, but we haven't heard when work on the YC rooms will be starting. I do my best to keep the first post in this thread updated with the latest refurb news so that people don't have to wade through this long thread to get that info.

Long time lurker on this thread, so I wanted to chime in. I just returned from a 2 week stay at YC. My room was on the second floor and there were definitely construction crews working on a wing of that floor last week. I'm not sure if they've kicked off the room refurbishments, but there was all kinds of activity (sawing, drilling, painting).

Thank you so much for posting this info!!!

Since the work was happening on the 2nd floor instead of the 5th floor, I'm guessing that they are working on a mockup room or two to test out décor and furnishings prior to starting the renovations.

Thanks, again!

::yes::

Requests are a pretty subjective thing. Some of the ones you could consider are close to lobby, close to elevator, lower floor, upper floor, daybed.

:)

Last edited:
I have updated the Be Our Guest list through the current page. I have been hopping around posts the past few days- hopefully I didn't miss anyone! Please take a moment to check to see if your information is listed correctly. Let me know if you need any changes made.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes:

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through the current page. I have been hopping around posts the past few days- hopefully I didn't miss anyone! Please take a moment to check to see if your information is listed correctly. Let me know if you need any changes made.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes:
We will be staying at the YC Club Level for the first time Feb 17th to the 22nd. For the Princess Half Marathon Weekend! Getting close. Woo Hoo

I will be checking in the YC tomorrow. Woohoo!!!! I will be on a Sunkin Treasure hunt and will find out if they offer the texting service. Any other requests or pics? I will also be on the lookout for signs of construction. :tiptoe:

We will be staying at the YC Club Level for the first time Feb 17th to the 22nd. For the Princess Half Marathon Weekend! Getting close. Woo Hoo

I will be checking in the YC tomorrow. Woohoo!!!! I will be on a Sunkin Treasure hunt and will find out if they offer the texting service. Any other requests or pics? I will also be on the lookout for signs of construction. :tiptoe:

Can't wait to hear what you find about the construction/demo rooms! :magnify:

If you think of it, can you report on the current pool hours?

Have a fantastic trip!

For those of you who have missed the Sunken Treasure in the past- a little history lesson...

The Sunken Treasure was on the Hurricane Hanna's menu but disappeared for a few years. But a number of our friends here on the FAQ board kept it alive, asking for it at the pool bar. Most of the long-time bartenders knew how to make it, but for those who didn't, many of us would bring along a laminated recipe card with the ingredients.

Sometime in the past year, the Sunken Treasure was returned to the menu at Hurricane Hanna's and debuted at many other pool bars around Disney World.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho!

:drinking1
Okay, all the visits to the Yacht Club and Beach Club, I have never had one. I will definitely be trying one in June and virtually sharing with my friends here.

Here is the info I have on the afternoon teas. I have put this info on Page 1 in the post about activities and the one about the Solarium.

Sounds like the tea will be offered on a limited basis. Not sure at what time(s). So for the most part, the Solarium should be available as usual. Certainly more accessible than when the Solarium acted as the temporary health club during renovation of the spa.

Breaking News:

An afternoon tea will be offered in the Crescent Solarium beginning in February 2016. There will be both savory and sweet treats available, along with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The tea is offered on 2/11-2/14, 3/24-3/29, 5/5-5/8 and 9/1-9/5 and reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

Great thank you :) I must make more use of looking at your front page for all the latest info

The afternoon tea is scheduled for one long weekend [Thurs - Sun] for select months, currently Feb., Mar., May, and Sep. This could change but hopefully won't be disruptive to your relaxing time!

Edited to add:
Oops....I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting as Natebenma beat me to the punch :bored:, and I'm not talking Sunken Treasure kinda punch either! :drinking:

LOL I've never had a Sunken Treasure, I'd better put that on my must try list :)

Can't wait to hear what you find about the construction/demo rooms! :magnify:

If you think of it, can you report on the current pool hours?

Have a fantastic trip!

Thanks. We are leaving tonight and staying at the Hyatt at the airport so we can check into the YC in the morning. :yay: Easy request, I'll report on the pool hours. The pool at the BWI is closed and guests there will be able to use SAB...I wonder if that will effect the pool hours.

During colder times of the year, I believe SAB opens at 10 am and closes earlier in the evening.

On those cold days Ninja Mom volunteers to jump in the pool and break the ice for everyone. On those rare occasions when the temps hit the 40's or lower they have closed the pool. This is not a problem as during temperatures that low there are no takers for the pool.

Also, when it gets that cold in Florida you can always tell which guests are Canadian as they are the ones still wearing shorts and thongs (Flip Flops).

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter