Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The pool will only have a few resort guests at it during the morning hours. And there are a lot of shady areas, too. So you should be fine waiting until after you have had breakfast. :)

:)

Thank you. :) I didn't realize the pool doesn't open until 9am, we'll get breakfast at 8am and be ready when they open. We plan to spend one day mostly by the pool, I think my son will enjoy the pool activities as well as playing in the water and my mother will definitely need a spot to lounge and read. :beach:

Requests for Info:

Can anyone who is at the resort now, or left recently confirm whether the regular YC bus stop is still closed and if the stop is at the convention center.

Thanks for your response, Katesdad that the YC bus stop was still at the Convention Center on Thursday. According to someone who is there now, the YC bus stop is back in the regular place again.

:goodvibes:

Info request

I'm not sure I have any info about this in the Club Level post for the resort.

Can you, or someone who has used the service, explain how it works. Do you text CL after you have used your 3rd FP and they give you choices? Or does it happen at another time?

Thanks!
I haven't used it at the YC yet but can explain how it works at the Grand, I would think it would work the same. It is an awesome perk. The service isn't only for extra FPs. About five days before your trip you get an email from IPO with a number to text. You then text them your name and arrival day and time. You can text them any questions or ask for help even before arrival. You can text after arrival to request additional FP's, dining or anything you need help with. They also can text to remind you of your upcoming FP time and dining time, but I have found that to be hit or miss...don't rely on it or you could miss your FP time. You are texting IPO so they can do anything the IPO office normally does.

Info request

Can you, or someone who has used the service, explain how it works. Do you text CL after you have used your 3rd FP and they give you choices? Or does it happen at another time?

Thanks!

Dee - We used the service several times last May. Yes, the 4th Fast Pass is available via text service once you scan at both check points for your 3rd FP. We requested our 4th FP this way a couple of times while waiting in line to use our 3rd FP. Also, another very helpul use of texting service was for ADR's. We got a B&C lunch ADR that way while we were leaving the MK on our way back to BC. Love this service.

Info request

Thanks!

When we were at BC last month I asked about texting for 4th FP and CL staff told me they were no longer providing this service. I sure wish they'd make up their minds!! :confused3

Just wanted to pop in and say that I stayed at Yacht Club for 8 nights a couple of weeks back, and had an absolutely wonderful stay! I loved having a 5 minute walk to EPCOT, and being only a boatride away from Hollywood Studios, it was SO convenient!

The resort itself was beautiful, and I had a room overlooking the gazebo, which was great because 1) It was really quiet, and 2) I could sit out on my balcony and watch the Illuminations fireworks every night! I also made good use of the Yacht Club's proximity to Boardwalk, I took the boat over most mornings to Boardwalk Bakery and had one of their scrumptious Cinnamon rolls for breakfast!

I hope to post some photos and do a review after the holiday crunch is over.

When we were at BC last month I asked about texting for 4th FP and CL staff told me they were no longer providing this service. I sure wish they'd make up their minds!! :confused3

Ugh. I wish there was some consistency. I called yesterday and was told they still have it. :(

page 336-340

WOEFULLY behind on the thread. Hopefully have a chance to catch up on a few more pages today.

Hi Dee!
Can you please add me to Be Our Guest list, 11/2/16-11/12/16 BC SV. My first Birthday trip, finally get to do Food and Wine and MVMCP, can't wait! Thank you!!!

:welcome: back

Will do!!!

What a great celebration trip.

:cool1:

Hi All,

We are going to stay for 5 nights at either the Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas the first week in October 2016. I am leaning towards the Beach Club because of the pool. I understand renovations are starting in February. What are the odds they will be completed by October? What are the odds that they will update the standard view studios by then? We'd love to stay in a renovated room. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

We haven't been given a timetable for the work but whenever we get information about the refurbishment, we update the first post on Page 1 of this thread. I don't know if the work will be completed by October, but depending on when the work actually starts, quite a few (majority?) of the rooms should be updated. As others have responded, the work typically happens floor-to-floor, so rooms in all categories (studio, 1 BR, 2 BR) will be worked on at the same time.

I'll double check, but before the work was postponed, the rumored timeline for the work was May 2015-December 2015, I believe.

:)

We are staying one night at BC Villas on New Years Day. Renting points. Our first time there and looking forward to it. It's a secret Christmas surprise for the family. Since I am remarried and they have never stayed in a Disney hotel. We normally camp at the Fort but this is a short trip to take advantage of our new APs. You may add me to the guest list.

:welcome: to the thread! I'll add you to the list. Nice surprise!

:santa:

Hello everyone :) quick question.... I'm pretty sure I saw this info somewhere else but can't find it anymore. Did the bus service at beach club, board walk and swan and dolphin recently change so Epcot area resorts aren't sharing a bus any longer? Thank you for your help!

Others have answered your question, but I just wanted to give you a :welcome:

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

My husband and I are taking a trip by ourselves from 1/16 to 1/20/16, BC club level, GV so can you please add us to the list? We bought into DVC and stayed at the GFV last August so we are excited to go back to the BC and to new rooms. We have AP's so we are taking advantage of room discounts, the use of our AP passes, and Frontier came out with some great fares (I can try and justify almost any trip to Disney). I am hoping to get to see Teena before she goes! I've got a lot to catch up with on this board.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Unfortunately, I believe Teena will be away during your trip. She has to go to Las Vegas to deal with some of the decisions for the house she is building.

Just got back from our 35th anniversary stay at Beach Club CL water view (room 5657). We started off with issues when we checked in, our room wasn't ready which was fine since it was 11am. We went to the CL desk and were told that we owed $1100.00- 20 minutes later they figured out that we were paid in full (thanks to 2 different managers)!!! We left our luggage with bell services along with our magic bands! Thanks to Teena and a backstage tour of the area where they keep the luggage I was able to get our bands. We got to the room later in the day, which was absolutely beautiful. 1 queen bed, a couch and a desk, a full balcony overlooking the back entrance to the BC looking at Boardwalk!! The only thing missing was a CLOCK (really). I had to ask for the clock for 3 days. I was a little disappointed that the CL no longer will give you bottles of water. (I asked different cast members several times)

On the second day of our vacation- we received 5 balloons in our room for our anniversary. On the third day we received special 35th anniversary pins.

We had a fantastic 10days! We usually stay at the YC (this was our first time at the BC). We will now be staying at the BC for all our future visits. I was so happy to finally meet the wonderful Teena and visit with her.

Time to start planning for next year!!

Thanks for the review of your stay! Glad you enjoyed the Beach Club.

HI! So for the busses- it would just be to go to MK, AK or Disney Springs for us from the BC/YC. Do the busses always go to the YC first, then the BC? Would be be better off going to the YC bus stop if we wanted to get a seat? Thx in advance!

:welcome: to the thread!

Yes, the buses go to YC first, so you would be more likely to get a seat if you board from there.

Thanks! We don't go until April 29... So far we are booked at the BC... but from reading on here- I think either BC or YC will be amazing! So... on a discount watch to see if we will move to YC. Then I will officially add us to the Be Our Guest list! I am just soooo excited for our first deluxe hotel trip! Thanks for the details! Appreciate!

I'll pencil you in on the BOG list for April 29 at the BC. You can let me know if you change to the YC. Or not. Doesn't really matter.

;)

Last edited:
page 333-335

So sorry folks- I have gotten several pages and days behind on responses.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

As shoreward mentioned, lounge should be open now. Haven't heard any reports, though.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:thumbsup2

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Yes, as MickeyT said, there is always a game, as long as guests are game.

Do you have an upcoming trip planned?

:cool2:

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list.

As others have indicated, contact Disney reservations now and add the request for a full balcony to your reservation now. You will be able to add it at online checkin 60 days out.

:thumbsup2

Will do!

:banana::banana::banana:

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cheer2:

Thanks so much for your review! Glad you had a decent room.

::yes::

Thanks you so much for letting us know about your trip. So glad to hear you loved the resort!

Post any pictures you want/have time to. We love pictures!

::yes::

Finally getting caught up after our trip to the World earlier this month! Stayed at the Poly but made sure to visit YC/BC to see the beautiful Christmas decorations. My son could have watched that train all afternoon!!

Being there reminded us how much we loved that area, so decided to book YC for our first adults-only trip next year to celebrate my 40th!! So excited to be able to stroll over to Epcot without a stroller :) Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list Feb 26-28? Was really hoping to secure a CL room, but there are none available. Anyone know if they are normally excluded from the passholder discounts, or if this is due to the construction??

Teena, so sorry we will miss you :( - was hoping to finally get to meet you in person. Wishing you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!!

Dee, can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list Feb 26-28? Was really hoping to secure a CL room, but there are none available. Anyone know if they are normally excluded from the passholder discounts, or if this is due to the construction??
Club level rooms are not excluded from passholder discounts. It is just that there isn't one available for your dates and resort. The planned refurbishments may also have something to do with it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter