Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

would that be about the same for mid-September too then ? We're going to be at the YC mid sept, and I am hoping it's going to be quieter.....
We usually go mid-late September, and there has only been maybe one or two times we've had issues finding chairs during the day. Usually there are plenty to pick from. The times we had trouble finding chairs was when there was a large convention there and there were a bunch of convention guests at the pool that day, but it wasn't typical.

We were there at the end of August and the pool wasn't crowded at all. That is a very slow time for WDW since so many schools are back in session or/and people are getting ready for back to school.

There are plenty of chairs in the shade. :)

Good to hear, this is what I was hoping! Our schools don't start until after labor day, so thought we would take advantage of lower crowds the week before!

Just booked a garden view for August. I usually request a higher floor but is there good locations or any garden rooms with a partial water/boardwalk view?

POOL NOODLES for sale at Yacht & Beach Club
Since Stormalong Bay reopened in 2022, does the pool area or Beach Club Marketplace have pool noodles for sale?

Just booked a garden view for August. I usually request a higher floor but is there good locations or any garden rooms with a partial water/boardwalk view?
Beach Club or Yacht Club?

For the Beach Club - request a room overlooking the volleyball court and then you could have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. :)

For the Yacht Club - a gazebo view would be your best chance of having a sideways waterview. :)

We love breakfast AND rope drop. I am taking my boys (11 and 14) in June (staying at YC) and I am trying to plan what to feed them for breakfast. We go about just about every year and it seems as though the early morning options have become more limited. Last summer we stayed at BC for the 1st time and a few mornings we had to eat granola bars in our room because nothing was open yet. Are there good options in the area that I just don’t about? I wish the table service restaurants opened earlier than 7:30 am.

Are there good options in the area that I just don’t about?
I don’t think so. All the quick service places open at 7. No way to get anything & still make rope drop. I’ve picked up pastries & juice the night before to eat in the room. My DH & I were discussing this when we were there earlier this month. Even the value & moderate food courts don’t open early enough to make the early entries.

I don’t think so. All the quick service places open at 7. No way to get anything & still make rope drop. I’ve picked up pastries & juice the night before to eat in the room. My DH & I were discussing this when we were there earlier this month. Even the value & moderate food courts don’t open early enough to make the early entries.
Breakfast options are pretty disappointing. We really liked staying at BC last year (previous 4 trips had been at monorail resorts) except for I also find the QS at BC/YC to be pretty limiting. I was sad we couldn’t park hop into Epcot before 2pm because that limited our lunch options too. I am hoping the food situation is better this summer. At least I know to buy breakfast items ahead of time.

I know the rooms don't have microwaves, but is there anywhere to either boil water or get boiling water at either YC or BC? Thx!

Arriving to YC on Saturday for 8 nights! So excited! How often is housekeeping cleaning the rooms these days? If not daily, can you request daily?
I can't answer your question; however, we just returned from 3 days at YC and did not receive housekeeping at all - not even towel/trash service. We didn't mind for such a short stay so didn't ask.

Once again, hopelessly behind and catching up!

Page 1978-1980
Staying at Yacht Club for first time in June. Is there anywhere to use a toaster or microwave before the Market at Ale & Compass opens at 7:00?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I believe an onsite guest confirmed that there is no microwave outside of the Market at Ale & Compass.

For stays pre-covid, guests were able to request a microwave to use in the room from housekeeping. Has anyone done this since the resorts reopened?

Also, can somebody confirm whether the microwave(s) at the BC Marketplace are still there and if they are accessible at all hours or just when the store is open for business.

Thanks!!!

Hi! We are so excited to arrive for our first YC stay July 1-5 (marking off the last resort needed to be able to say I’ve stayed everywhere and my first CL stay 😁) for my annual birthday trip. Quick question about the quiet pools: are they currently still 24 hours? Both my 17 year old and I like to start the day with a few laps prior to going to the parks and SAB opens a bit too late (and isn’t really a “laps” kinda pool). Thanks so much!

I'll add you to the list!

:goodvibes

As others have responded, there are posted hours for the quiet pool (7 am to 11 I think), but guests are usually able to access the pools at all hours. It isn't a problem until it is- that is, if people are using the pool at off hours and making a lot of noise.

:fish::poop:

Are the parking lots for YC/BC/BCV connected? We have a split stay between YC and BCV and weren't really sure if there would be any reason to move our vehicle? Does it matter if we self park versus valet?

Also, anything I need to consider relative to bell services holding our luggage at YC when we switch to BCV? I assume we wouldn't be "transferring" our luggage like normal split stays?

TIA!

When is your stay?

:dogdance:

Having Bell Services hold your luggage during the switch is the preferred method since that way you will have your bags available when you want them. Can't think of any issues with that.

I'll defer to the other responses about parking and moving your car.

Page 1981-1983

We are traveling with two younger teens and would like to have the 2 queen + day bed set up to avoid having to deal with a pillow wall (assume with 4 of us the King rooms aren't a risk). It looks like BC and YC both have that set up, but wondering if anyone knows if it is more common (likely to get) that set up (instead of just 2 queens) at either resort?

We are leaning to YC for the no-carpet (wet kids from pools) and space under beds, over the BC's slightly better location for us. But getting 2 queen + day bed is by far our biggest factor and will be our top room request. FWIW, only water view rooms are left for our dates at both YC and BC. Looked at DVC rental for BC 1br villa but they oddly lack the third sleeping spot. Alternative is Cars Suite at AoA but would really like to try out the Epoct resorts and that pool.

Thanks!

When is your trip?

Make sure you make your request for a daybed your priority and perhaps only request. "Room with Daybed please. Teen children prefer not to share" If they are different genders, you can add that info.

If you happen to be assigned to a room without a daybed, go to front desk to see if there is something else available, or request a cot.

:thumbsup2

I was under the impression that almost all of the YC rooms had a balcony/patio. Is this not the case?

Correct- Maybe 3-4 rooms at YC do not have a full balcony or patio.

::yes::

I’d like to be added to the Be Our Guest list for Aug. 6 - 10 at Beach Club 🏖 please and thank you ☺️

Will do!!!!

:cool1:

New here. Can someone tell me what this gets you? We will be making our 4th trip to the YC this summer.

Thanks.

I'll add you to the list if you would like to see your trip listed on the upcoming schedule. Which month?

:cool2:

A new car!!

It's simply a list maintained by the owner of this thread for the folks on this thread with upcoming visits to YC/BC/BCV. It's always fun to take a look at the list to see what fellow DISers might be traveling the same time you are. There have been reports of spontaneous
meet-ups! :smooth:

Cool! I've been promoted.

I consider myself more like a babysitter (and lately, a poor one at that)

:rolleyes1

Looking for guidance. Travelling with elderly parents to visit daughter who will also stay in the room. Parents both have ECV's. Last December we stayed in the Yacht Club, 2 queens and loved it. Room had plenty of space to have both ECV's in it overnight for charging. Would this be doable in the Beach Club? or Boardwalk? We really want to stay at one of the Epcot Resorts again because we all love the location. I've stayed in both before but didn't really pay attention to if there was room for ECV's because it was just me and my daughter. Thanks for any help. Looking to book December again so want to get something in soon.

Yes, there are rooms at BC that will fit two ECVS. I think there are pictures on Page 1 from one of our frequent posters showing this:

@AGoofykindagirl

Arriving to YC on Saturday for 8 nights! So excited! How often is housekeeping cleaning the rooms these days? If not daily, can you request daily?

Hope you are having a great trip!

:goodvibes

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

YC or BC?

:dogdance:

POOL NOODLES for sale at Yacht & Beach Club
Since Stormalong Bay reopened in 2022, does the pool area or Beach Club Marketplace have pool noodles for sale?

Great question!

For anyone there now, or soon, can you let us know if you see pool noodles for sale at the gift shops. Last time I saw them was 2019 and they were $5 each!

:scared1:

We love breakfast AND rope drop. I am taking my boys (11 and 14) in June (staying at YC) and I am trying to plan what to feed them for breakfast. We go about just about every year and it seems as though the early morning options have become more limited. Last summer we stayed at BC for the 1st time and a few mornings we had to eat granola bars in our room because nothing was open yet. Are there good options in the area that I just don’t about? I wish the table service restaurants opened earlier than 7:30 am.

:welcome: back!

Access to early breakfast choices is one of my least favorite things about the resort. My strategy, when not staying at club level, is to be prepared with easy items in the room, either from home or purchased the day before . I love leftovers so sandwiches or other things that can be eaten cold left in the fridge overnight make a great breakfast

::yes::

I know the rooms don't have microwaves, but is there anywhere to either boil water or get boiling water at either YC or BC? Thx!

When we needed hot water they brought us a really nice tea kettle it was electric. That was wonderful ,got the water very hot. We just asked at front desk when we checked in.

That's awesome! I did not know that. Thanks for posting!

🫖🫖

At Yacht Club now arrived on Wednesday and our son and his girlfriend just arrived today and their room is right around corner from us. Just wanted to say how awesome the room assigner is :thumbsup2
I have to say when I walked into their room 2163 It was so nice!!! They were on the end had two windows, balcony with view of the lake, and a King size bed! Super Nice :yay:

I can't answer your question; however, we just returned from 3 days at YC and did not receive housekeeping at all - not even towel/trash service. We didn't mind for such a short stay so didn't ask.

When you say 3 days, do you mean 3 days/ 2 nights? If so, I don’t think you would get housekeeping. Ex: check in Monday, check out Wednesday. You wouldn’t get housekeeping on Tuesday, since the room was just serviced on Monday. Then by Wednesday you’re checking out.

If it was 3 nights, then yes, you should have had it on your 2nd full day. We were CL at YC early this month. We did get housekeeping every day except 1. But we were in the room with the occupied sign out when the housekeeper was in the area. The supervisor did call to ask if we needed anything & to set up a time for the daily room security check. I told her what time our dinner ADR was & when we would be getting ready for that. She suggested a time after we left the room, which was fine with us.

edit to add: I know there have been some online reports about daily housekeeping coming back, but I think Disney’s official line is still limited every other day service.

from WDW website:
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:

• Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter