Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When you say 3 days, do you mean 3 days/ 2 nights? If so, I don’t think you would get housekeeping. Ex: check in Monday, check out Wednesday. You wouldn’t get housekeeping on Tuesday, since the room was just serviced on Monday. Then by Wednesday you’re checking out.

If it was 3 nights, then yes, you should have had it on your 2nd full day. We were CL at YC early this month. We did get housekeeping every day except 1. But we were in the room with the occupied sign out when the housekeeper was in the area. The supervisor did call to ask if we needed anything & to set up a time for the daily room security check. I told her what time our dinner ADR was & when we would be getting ready for that. She suggested a time after we left the room, which was fine with us.

edit to add: I know there have been some online reports about daily housekeeping coming back, but I think Disney’s official line is still limited every other day service.
Yes, just 2 nights. Again, it didn't matter - just wanted others to be aware that daily housekeeping had not returned :)

Seems like we’ll be at Yacht Club for the 4th of July. Do they do anything special?
I was at BC on the 4th a few years back, they did a ton of extra pool activities, dance parties in the pools, a lot of games with prizes, think dollar store kind of stuff, like stars and stripes rubber duckies, candy, etc. nothing Disney branded. My 3 kids got an entire bag of stuff. Basically, a big pool party all day, I was at Ohana that night so I don't know if they had evening activities.

In reading some of the posts I'm concerned about my room. We have 2 adults, 3 kids all over 14. We booked the a "Garden or Woods View" room. We definitely need the third pull down bed. Is this guaranteed or is it somehting I have to request and hope for the best?

Also, can somebody confirm whether the microwave(s) at the BC Marketplace are still there and if they are accessible at all hours or just when the store is open for business.

I saw the microwave at the Beach Club marketplace today. We stopped there for lunch. The microwave sits outside of the entrance and is available for use 24/7. :)

In reading some of the posts I'm concerned about my room. We have 2 adults, 3 kids all over 14. We booked the a "Garden or Woods View" room. We definitely need the third pull down bed. Is this guaranteed or is it somehting I have to request and hope for the best?
Most of the BC and YC rooms have two queens and a sofa bed and sleep five people. They have to give you 5 sleeping surfaces. You don't need to request it. :)

We just stayed 4 nights YC CL and now at BCV in a 2 br for 3 nights. I wish we had stayed the whole week at YC already. It was such a pleasant experience interacting with the CMs. Always helpful and friendly. We had daily housekeeping (not sure if this was just due to CL) and she was AWESOME. I felt like the second we left the room, no matter the time, we came back to a clean room even if gone just a few minutes.

The Marketplace is leaps and bounds better at YC. So much so that we got off at YC and walked all the way to Villas tonight to avoid the BC side. I had the rudest CM I have encountered in the BC Marketplace today. I truly did not realize there was a line (on the OTHER side of the roundabout registers). I stood behind a couple checking out and when I was next (well, I thought I was next lol), the CM slammed down a "next register" sign, looked at me, and walked off. I was flabbergasted. So, I got behind the next register - and instead of the CM saying "I'm sorry, but you have to start from the line over there" she let me stand there while the lady ahead of me put all her things away and only said it when I got up to the front. Just a hot mess in there even though I take responsibility for not realizing there was a line in front of the "order here" section on the other side...I just put my few items back on

I would give up the second bedroom, being able to have a different room if/when DH snores like a freight train, the kitchen, AND the washer dryer to stay at YC. I've stayed at the BC and YC CLs as well in the past and I am now a total YC fan. I know there are tons of BC fans and I am glad so that we can all have a piece of the Disney magic :D
Once again, hopelessly behind and catching up!

Page 1978-1980

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I believe an onsite guest confirmed that there is no microwave outside of the Market at Ale & Compass.

For stays pre-covid, guests were able to request a microwave to use in the room from housekeeping. Has anyone done this since the resorts reopened?

Also, can somebody confirm whether the microwave(s) at the BC Marketplace are still there and if they are accessible at all hours or just when the store is open for business.

Thanks!!!

I'll add you to the list!

:goodvibes

As others have responded, there are posted hours for the quiet pool (7 am to 11 I think), but guests are usually able to access the pools at all hours. It isn't a problem until it is- that is, if people are using the pool at off hours and making a lot of noise.

:fish::poop:

When is your stay?

:dogdance:

Having Bell Services hold your luggage during the switch is the preferred method since that way you will have your bags available when you want them. Can't think of any issues with that.

I'll defer to the other responses about parking and moving your car.
We are here now and head home tomorrow. We just valeted and had bell services load the car and we drove to BCV. Only had to bring in a few bags since it was the shorter part of the trip.

We had a fabulous YC CL stay, but won't be back to the BCV side.

Two Stormalong Bay Bridges Covered by Scrim at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

While Stormalong Bay remains open at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, the bridges over the water are closed for refurbishment. White scrim now completely covers two bridges. The refurbishment is expected to be completed this summer.

ZWANFc2j-stormalong-bay-construction-4-1200x900.jpg

1652955532888.jpeg
1652955494714.jpeg

The Marketplace is leaps and bounds better at YC. So much so that we got off at YC and walked all the way to Villas tonight to avoid the BC side.
Funny how people have all different opinions. I feel the exact opposite. When I'm at YC, I tend to walk over to BC for food. Not to mention that the solarium is a great place to eat. Although I will agree that it is generally more busy/chaotic at BC than YC.

Is there still a mid-day wait for entry to Stormalong Bay or has it died down with the loosening of restrictions?

When I'm at YC, I tend to walk over to BC for food.
We tend to walk to the BC marketplace for food, too, when we are staying at the YC. :)

Is there still a mid-day wait for entry to Stormalong Bay or has it died down with the loosening of restrictions?

Following
There haven't been any reports of mid-day waits for SAB lately. We didn't have any waits when we were there in March. :)

I just got back from 10 days at Yacht Club and never had to wait to get into pool area, finding a lounge chair well that's a different story :rolleyes1 We spent alot of time enjoying the pool because the weather was perfect, the earlier you get there the better it is.

Attachments

• tempImagepvx2sR.png
    tempImagepvx2sR.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 20
Got back Wednesday from a 3 day stay at Yacht Club. It is my third time staying there. Every time I stay there it really confirms that this is my favorite resort on property. The location, the service, the amenities, just love everything about Yacht Club. Just got notice that I will be back again next May. Can't wait!

does anyone know how long the pool refurbishment is going to be ? just more curious than anything else....

OMG. We checked in to YC for our 2 night stay in a water view CL room…and got assigned the two bedroom Commodore suite. Think we’re canceling tomorrow morning’s park plans to lounge around the room. It’s massive, with one king and two queen beds, two full balconies plus a Juliette balcony off the living room, huge main bath plus another full bath and a half. Full size H2O products plus a huge assortment of the regular size ones. A Nespresso and a Kuerig. Just flabbergasted. Even the hubby is wowed.

OMG. We checked in to YC for our 2 night stay in a water view CL room…and got assigned the two bedroom Commodore suite. Think we’re canceling tomorrow morning’s park plans to lounge around the room. It’s massive, with one king and two queen beds, two full balconies plus a Juliette balcony off the living room, huge main bath plus another full bath and a half. Full size H2O products plus a huge assortment of the regular size ones. A Nespresso and a Kuerig. Just flabbergasted. Even the hubby is wowed.
Congrats! That’s wonderful…. Take lots of pictures & enjoy!

If I’m looking at this layout of the YC CL rooms from touring plans map, where is the actual club located?A58F7324-BB43-45D5-B23F-A512673F00AD.png

If I’m looking at this layout of the YC CL rooms from touring plans map, where is the actual club located?View attachment 670713

The grey area in the very top left of the map is the actual lounge. The grey below and to the left of that is the CM desks, below and to the right is the prep kitchen. Elevators are the black rectangles right in the middle of that same corner. Our room is both of the big squares you’ve marked, the red and the white beside it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter