Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ale & Compass Lounge was indeed blocked off today for the planned maintenance:

The area of floor near the lobby restrooms and elevator was also blocked off today for refinishing:

The elevators can still be accessed from the other side near the exit of the Market at A&C.

On a positive note, the lobby stairway, which was sanded down to the wood yesterday, appears to be completely refinished and sealed this evening. Hopefully it will be open again very soon. 🤞

We're staying at YC for the first time in May 2022 and wanted some tips / advice on our planned itinerary and how we can maximize both time in the parks and YC given it's only for a night. Thanks in advance!

We ( 2 adults and 5 year old son) are going to Orlando in early May 2022 as part of a larger trip to the US. Been to WDW several times but first time with our kid but he's been to TDR and HKDL. We are staying at our timeshare outside of WDW for the week but went ahead and splurged for an overnight package at YC (Mon- Tue) and 3-day park hopper tickets (Day 3 will be used for MK on Thurs).

We know we can't do everything and our child isn't at the age for most thrill rides yet, so we just wanted to do the highlights for each park and enjoy being on property. That being said, thinking of the below itinerary and happy to hear comments and suggestions of maximizing the 2 days in the parks without tiring ourselves too much and also enjoying our stay at YC:

Monday - Drive from Marriott to AK (can we go straight to the park instead of going to YC first to check in? Will we be able to get the free parking and early entry at AK as WDW resort guests without going to YC first?) for early entry. We would just do Dinosaur (kid loves Dinosaurs), Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River, and the Pandora rides. We would then drive over to YC to check-in / park then walk over to Epcot until the room is ready. Rest at the hotel (maybe enjoy Stormalong Bay?), then go back to Epcot for Harmonious and Extra Magic Hours if available (Will probably want to do Test Track, Frozen, Soarin then I assume the others like Nemo don't have much of a queue).

Tuesday - Breakfast at Cape May or A&C, check-out of YC, DHS via Skyliner for early entry and buy ILL for ROTR, do Slinky and Mickey and Minnie Runaway, Smugglers Run etc. Park Hop to Epcot at 2pm to finish off whatever we weren't able to do the night before. Or is it better to do Epcot first so we have more time to enjoy YC and not rush checking out? Just worried about the wait times / crowds at DHS if we go after 2pm.

I know it's really tight and we don't intend to do everything but happy to hear your thoughts on this itinerary and how to maximize both our time at the parks and our stay at YC. Thanks in advance!

Ale & Compass Lounge was indeed blocked off today for the planned maintenance:
View attachment 643760

The area of floor near the lobby restrooms and elevator was also blocked off today for refinishing:
View attachment 643761

The elevators can still be accessed from the other side near the exit of the Market at A&C.

On a positive note, the lobby stairway, which was sanded down to the wood yesterday, appears to be completely refinished and sealed this evening. Hopefully it will be open again very soon. 🤞

Lol - I always thought they were purposely going for the 'beat up boat deck' look at YC. Glad to see the resort getting some TLC lately. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Just booked our September trip. We will be doing a split stay at AKL & YC. Our DD & her fiance will be joining us for the first few days at AKL. We will be finishing off the trip at YC just DH & I. We went with a water view room. I'm really hoping for a view of BWI.

For those who will be staying or visiting the YC/BC 02/04/2022-02/05/2022, be prepared for extra security. The Federalist Society’s FL Chapters will be hosting their annual conference there, with speakers former VP Mike Pence, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and FL Gov. Ron Desantis. Their conference concludes on 02/05/2022 with a “fireworks viewing.”

Last edited:
For those who will be staying or visiting the YC/BC 02/04/2022-02/05/2022, be prepared for extra security. The Federalist Society’s FL Chapters will be hosting their annual conference there, with speakers former VP Mike Pence, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and FL Gov. Ron Desantis. Their conference concludes on 02/05/2022 with a “fireworks viewing.”
Now I know why they were refinishing the hardwood floors. ;)

We will be checking in on Feb 6th and I'm really glad that we are missing the main speakers. ::yes::

Last edited:

Could someone who’s currently enjoying the beach club post the activities calendar for Feb and the pool hours?!

Do most of the rooms at Yacht Club have the 2 queen + day bed configuration? We are a family of 4, with two boys ages 9 and 7. Was wondering if we book how likely we are to get the day bed (as opposed to just 2 queens).

Also, do most Yacht Club rooms have sizeable balconies? I have heard balcony size is an issue at Beach Club.

Currently have a BCV deluxe studio reserved, but thinking about switching to YC (for the same price).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Do most of the rooms at Yacht Club have the 2 queen + day bed configuration? We are a family of 4, with two boys ages 9 and 7. Was wondering if we book how likely we are to get the day bed (as opposed to just 2 queens).

Also, do most Yacht Club rooms have sizeable balconies? I have heard balcony size is an issue at Beach Club.

Currently have a BCV deluxe studio reserved, but thinking about switching to YC (for the same price).

Were you planning to use both the pull-out sofa and the pull-out bed under the TV if you keep the BCV studio? If you do, there won't be much room to walk around. If you don't care about the kitchenette, you might be happier at YC; a YC room will feel more spacious than a BCV studio. Also, the BCV studio doesn't have a lot of storage space.

I think the BCV studios are great for 1 or 2 people. If you have more than that, you need to think about how you feel about the space. I know some families cram 5 people in there, and say they don't care because they don't spend a lot of time in the room. I think theme park days can be exhausting, so you need to make sure you will be comfortable in your room.

The balcony issue is at BC, not BCV.

Thanks so much, Best Aunt! This was exactly what I was wondering about. I looked at some video reviews of the two room types, but couldn't really get a sense of how limited the floor space might be (and thank you for reminding me of the storage issue as well--we like to unpack, so the kids get dressed faster). We stayed at Pop once, and it drove my husband crazy that we didn't have a table when the Murphy bed was down.

I switched to YC! Also looking forward to room updates and earlier check-in time (we're landing at noon).

Thanks again!

Preparing all the last minute things before we leave makes the trip feel SO real and so close!! Getting my nails done and running errands today and tomorrow and the excitement is setting in so much now. Just have to get through two more days of work before Sunday!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
(Edit: thought I was positing in the Feb thread but we’re staying at the BC CL so it’s relevant here too lol)

Last edited:
Preparing all the last minute things before we leave makes the trip feel SO real and so close!! Getting my nails done and running errands today and tomorrow and the excitement is setting in so much now. Just have to get through two more days of work before Sunday!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
(Edit: thought I was positing in the Feb thread but we’re staying at the BC CL so it’s relevant here too lol)
We are also arriving on Sunday, but at the YC. So far the weather looks like it will be too cool for swimming. But since it's Florida, the weather forecast could change tomorrow. :)

We are also arriving on Sunday, but at the YC. So far the weather looks like it will be too cool for swimming. But since it's Florida, the weather forecast could change tomorrow. :)
I wasn’t planning to swim this trip but I should take my suit just in case! I’m a Floridian tho so swimming in February is unlike me, even if the air temps feels warmish 😅 maybe we’ll run into each other! We have a 3 PM beaches n cream reservation so we’re trying to get there as early as we can

I wasn’t planning to swim this trip but I should take my suit just in case! I’m a Floridian tho so swimming in February is unlike me, even if the air temps feels warmish 😅 maybe we’ll run into each other! We have a 3 PM beaches n cream reservation so we’re trying to get there as early as we can
Great minds think alike - we have Beaches and Cream on Monday. :)

We live in the frozen Midwest so swimming in 68 degree weather is a treat - if it is sunny and calm. :)

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

January 🥶

stitchfan18 Jan BCV
Aimeedyan Jan
Mrs. Bradbury Jan YC WV, travelling with adult kids
bumbershoot Jan BCV 1 BR Princess Half
Alisa13 Jan YC
Pasta88 Jan BCV
mousechievous Jan parents 50th Anniversary Celebration :love: (moved to CBR)

MickeyT Jan 5-10 BCV
PCFriar80 Jan 5-13 BCV
focusondisney Jan 20-23 YC CL BD celebration :cake:
vicarrieous Jan 20-30 BCV
lsmo Jan 26-Feb 2 YC WV
cheshiregoofy22 Jan 27-31 BC

February 💘

Tasmen Feb BC Deluxe
Abbyj Feb BCV
lsmo Feb BC/Poly
meghanmione Feb
essentialt21 Feb
jPhilip_Phil_36 Feb BC Families First Visit :woohoo:
IndtoMco Feb YC Birthday and Anniversary :cake:
jlundeen Feb 5-12 YC GV, Grandson's (7) First Trip! :dogdance:
Wood Nymph Feb 6-10 YC
Lalabubbles Feb 10-13 BC Anniversary trip :love:

March ☘

pens4821 March

gismo1554 March 3-4 YC CL (1 night)
Figment of Speech March 5-9 BC (split with Poly)

Llama mama March 20-26 BCV
Maxie86 March 27-April 1 YC CL GV
patty57 March 31-April 4 BCV studio
Pookie9922 late March BCV, Family Trip with In-laws

April :flower1:

boothbay April YC (hoping for BCV)

dreynolds1982 early April YC WV, after 4 night Disney cruise
Jacq7414 April 16-23 BC
mikejs78 April 19-26 BC
MinneTinK April 27- May 4 YC
focusondisney April 28- May 3 YC CL, split with CR 4/26-28, celebrating retirement and milestone BD :cake:
Pucks104 Late April YC WV
txelle05 last week in April BC

May :butterfly
bear_mom May BC, 25th Anniversary & DD Masters :love:👩‍🎓

crazy4wdw May 1-6 BC CL GV
louey May 4-14 YC CL
AGoofykindagirl May 17-20 BC CL, Birthday Celebrations! :cake:

June :sunny:

disrain1960 June BC
Buzzed Lightbeer June BC CL GV
SMF_mom23 June YC split with Universal
Jfsag123 June BC/BLT split

AliceIn June 1-3 BCV 2 BR (split with Copper Creek 2 BR)
disneydarling07 June 27- July 2 YC

diskids2 June 29- July 10 YC 60th BD :cake:

July 🎆

ChipnDaleRule July YC
Have3kids&aHusband July YC/GF split, DS early 16th BD celebration :bday:
ddluvsdisney July Family Celebrations! 50th BDs, 50th Anniversary, 21st BD, Sweet 16

August :cool2:

CDolacki2003 Aug/Sept YC or BC
DisneyMomx7 Aug 2-11 BC GV

September :teacher:

rubyeskimo Sept BC
looloo24 Sept 24-Oct 1 YC
VAtink Sept 24-Oct 2
Tess Sept 29-Oct 7 BCV

October 🎃
gillep Oct BCV, celebrating EPCOT's 40th :cake:
The Mayor Oct BCV

ej119 Oct 2-8 YC, after DCL Wish, 9th Anniversary :love2:
PCFriar80 Oct 19-27 BCV studio

November 🦃

DisneyHardin Nov YC

Tina O'Toole Nov 25-Dec 5 BC

December :santa:

PCFriar80 Dec 1-8 BCV 2BR
cocoabean1 Dec 3-15 YC CL WV
pixiegoose Dec 4-10 YC , after 1 night at POP
Ricguz Dec 6-16 YC CL WV
patty57 Dec 7-12 BCV studio
cjlong88 Dec 26-Jan 2 YC

Carol unsworth 2023 YC
Farro April 2023

Last edited:
January 22, 2022 Page 1950

(8/8/2021 - Moderator, 1877-?)

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

Note to self: Arial 15
:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

January 🥶

stitchfan18 Jan BCV
Aimeedyan Jan
Mrs. Bradbury Jan YC WV, travelling with adult kids
bumbershoot Jan BCV 1 BR Princess Half
Alisa13 Jan YC
Pasta88 Jan BCV
mousechievous Jan parents 50th Anniversary Celebration :love: (moved to CBR)

MickeyT Jan 5-10 BCV
PCFriar80 Jan 5-13 BCV
focusondisney Jan 20-23 YC CL BD celebration :cake:
vicarrieous Jan 20-30 BCV
lsmo Jan 26-Feb 2 YC WV
cheshiregoofy22 Jan 27-31 BC

February 💘

Tasmen Feb BC Deluxe
Abbyj Feb BCV
lsmo Feb BC/Poly
meghanmione Feb
essentialt21 Feb
jPhilip_Phil_36 Feb BC Families First Visit :woohoo:
IndtoMco Feb YC Birthday and Anniversary :cake:
jlundeen Feb 5-12 YC GV, Grandson's (7) First Trip! :dogdance:
Wood Nymph Feb 6-10 YC
Lalabubbles Feb 10-13 BC Anniversary trip :love:

March ☘

pens4821 March

gismo1554 March 3-4 YC CL (1 night)
Figment of Speech March 5-9 BC (split with Poly)

Llama mama March 20-26 BCV
Maxie86 March 27-April 1 YC CL GV
patty57 March 31-April 4 BCV studio
Pookie9922 late March BCV, Family Trip with In-laws

April :flower1:

boothbay April YC (hoping for BCV)

dreynolds1982 early April YC WV, after 4 night Disney cruise
Jacq7414 April 16-23 BC
mikejs78 April 19-26 BC
MinneTinK April 27- May 4 YC
focusondisney April 28- May 3 YC CL, split with CR 4/26-28, celebrating retirement and milestone BD :cake:
Pucks104 Late April YC WV
txelle05 last week in April BC

May :butterfly
bear_mom May BC, 25th Anniversary & DD Masters :love:👩‍🎓

crazy4wdw May 1-6 BC CL GV
louey May 4-14 YC CL
AGoofykindagirl May 17-20 BC CL, Birthday Celebrations! :cake:

June :sunny:

disrain1960 June BC
Buzzed Lightbeer June BC CL GV
SMF_mom23 June YC split with Universal
Jfsag123 June BC/BLT split

AliceIn June 1-3 BCV 2 BR (split with Copper Creek 2 BR)
disneydarling07 June 27- July 2 YC

diskids2 June 29- July 10 YC 60th BD :cake:

July 🎆

ChipnDaleRule July YC
Have3kids&aHusband July YC/GF split, DS early 16th BD celebration :bday:
ddluvsdisney July Family Celebrations! 50th BDs, 50th Anniversary, 21st BD, Sweet 16

August :cool2:

CDolacki2003 Aug/Sept YC or BC
DisneyMomx7 Aug 2-11 BC GV

September :teacher:

rubyeskimo Sept BC
looloo24 Sept 24-Oct 1 YC
VAtink Sept 24-Oct 2
Tess Sept 29-Oct 7 BCV

October 🎃
gillep Oct BCV, celebrating EPCOT's 40th :cake:
The Mayor Oct BCV

ej119 Oct 2-8 YC, after DCL Wish, 9th Anniversary :love2:
PCFriar80 Oct 19-27 BCV studio

November 🦃

DisneyHardin Nov YC

Tina O'Toole Nov 25-Dec 5 BC

Tink6584 Nov27- Dec 4 BC

December :santa:

PCFriar80 Dec 1-8 BCV 2BR
cocoabean1 Dec 3-15 YC CL WV
pixiegoose Dec 4-10 YC , after 1 night at POP
Ricguz Dec 6-16 YC CL WV
patty57 Dec 7-12 BCV studio
cjlong88 Dec 26-Jan 2 YC

Carol unsworth 2023 YC
Farro April 2023

Last edited:
January 22, 2022 Page 1950

(8/8/2021 - Moderator, 1877-?)

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

Note to self: Arial 15

Can you go into Epcot and do mobile order of food and alcoholic beverages and bring back to your room at beach club. I think it’s just closed containers but I was thinking maybe from France and the drinks there you could easily bring it back in less then 15 mins?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter