Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ocalla, what are your dates? WL construction begins in earnest Oct. 26. There are reports of some rooms being fitted as DVC sample rooms. Some guests have reported noise from it. I'm sure you are already up to date on all this, but thought I'd mention it.
Mary

You should like the amount of room. The areas can be closed off for some privacy. That particular CM knew what room we had (she admitted it when we came back up to ask if there was anything else available) so I think some of the attitude was defensive knowing it wasn't an "ideal" room for our requests. WDWKook is the one who gave me the suggestions for our requests when I first booked the room. She's great! Too bad we got none of them lol!

I'm almost worried about how things will go when we move to the BC after having that much space. My niece is flying back early because she starts college the following Monday, so we'll only have one night where things might be cramped. I think my main request is that we be away from construction. I'm not that worried about the view. I just don't want to listen to hammering or sawing or any type of banging. Even with a discount, those rooms are crazy-expensive. If I can reach out and touch someone like folks staying at the Poly have reported (the cherry picker view), I might flip.

WaWa pretzels are doughy thick philly pretzel style, not buttery, no oil. Not Philadelphia pretzel factory, I mean real philly pretzels.

I love WaWa. All we have here in Central PA is Scheetz. When I was studying for the bar exam, I went out at some ridiculous time of night to get a breakfast sandwich. Nothing much open, so I pick up a Schmuffin. Basically their version of the Egg McMuffin. Terrible name. About two hours after eating it, I became violently ill. My husband (then-boyfriend) was less than sympathetic, asking what I was thinking eating at a Scheetz at three in the morning. His BIL, who worked at Scheetz, said that particular store was the last place he'd go to eat. Take out the double e and substitute the letter I and you can guess what I've called Scheetz since then.

We stayed at WL in May and there was a bunch of scaffolding around the exterior and some rooms were being worked on near the pool area. Rumor had it the were going to be DVC model rooms. The main construction will begin in October. We got our construction letter in the mail last week. We are there Oct 22-23.

I think it was the WL thread where someone got pictures of the construction because a door was left open. Ridiculous that they deny it's happening when it's so obvious. It's like arguing with my 12-year-old. "Please get the dirty dishes out of your room." "What dirty dishes?" "The one I'm staring at that is on the pillow three inches from your head."

We spent the day at Hershey Park. It's usually fun and the kids have a good time. My poor husband looks like he just wants to sit on a bench and pop Advil. He hates the summer heat - which is why I will likely never be able to take advantage of a magical deal with him. Well, that, and when we're all together, it's a party of six, so we need two rooms or a suite. In January, we're renting points at AKV and getting a 2BR villa. We will be so spoiled with that much room...

I've seen several mention no more towel animals anymore. Wondering where this info came from? Resort wide or only @ Y&B club? Thanks!

19 days for me too! Can not wait, we will be celebrating DD's sweet sixteen birthday. We are bringing her best friend along who has never been so it will be nice to experience Disney through her eyes! Also it has been an awful summer for us; my mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and has been undergoing chemo which has really beat her up. Luckily the prognosis is good but it is going to be a year long journey. So with her blessing we are still go to Disney and we are looking forward to escaping reality for the week!!! YC here we come!!!!
So sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I hope your vacation helps take your mind off it for a little while. Best wishes for you both!

Forgive me if this has been asked before but after looking through many pages I didn't see anything. How does the club level at YC compare to club level rooms at BC, in terms of views, location to things, etc? Also, how do the club lounges compare in terms of food, drink, convenience, service and decor? Booking our vacation, I was able to get a club level room at YC with a better view for quite a bit less than at BC. Now I am having second thoughts as I have read some negative comments on regular rooms but nothing on club level. Thanks!

question for the experts: Just added on additional day to our vacation. We will be at A0A for 1 night before checking into BC. I was curious about the park tickets? I know the rooms won't be ready early Saturday morning, but will we still get use of our park tickets on the MB's? or do we need to actually go to BC to check in to get the tickets activated on the bands?

Also, will I be getting 2 sets of MB's? one for AoA and then switch to BC bands for the remainder of our stay?
Both sets of MB's will work at both resorts. You don't have to switch bands.

You can ask them at AoA to make sure your tickets are active.

I think my main request is that we be away from construction. I'm not that worried about the view. I just don't want to listen to hammering or sawing or any type of banging. Even with a discount, those rooms are crazy-expensive. If I can reach out and touch someone like folks staying at the Poly have reported (the cherry picker view), I might flip.
The construction that none of the CM's seem to know about at WL is on the first floor of the south wing facing the villas pool. They are supposedly turning regular rooms into DVC rooms. No one has reported any jack hammering or loud noise from there lately. The real construction doesn't start until Oct 26th, so you should be fine.

I have a question about a late check in. We are arriving on August 20th for our first visit to WDW! I have requested higher floor and close to the lobby, and I am wondering if arriving in the evening will affect our chances of getting the room requests. Do you think doing online check in is a good idea in this case? Also, when I booked our trip I did not mention that I will be celebration my birthday during this trip. Is there any advantage to having that included in our reservation?

36 days till the trip...why does this remind me of when I was a kid waiting for Xmas? Seems like it is never going to get here! LOL! Funny thing is, when we started booking this trip I was not looking forward to it because of all my SIL issues...now, I got a private tour booked, restaurants picked, FPs done, airport arrangements (including the first time my dad rides first class!) all set up...I am sooooo looking forward to it all!

soon I am going to post all my plans on here to get last minute advice. As a reminder we are a party of ten with nine happy people going down to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday...and one negative nancy, who has seemed to stop hear attempts at sabotaging the trip! 5 kids (9,11,13,15 and college freshman 17) 5 adults....3 rooms (BC first time for all of us!)

4 of us (dad, hubby, 13 year old nephew and I) are going down early for Universal, (Sept 1-3) 3 kids, SIL and brother are coming down Thursday (sept 3) and my college freshman nephew is joining us for the long weekend Friday night till Monday sept 7 when we all fly home. So we have:

3 arrival flights on three different days, 4 car pickups (including one extra for universal transfers!)3 hotel rooms in WDW and 2 at universal, 1 fireworks cruise, 2 private Disney tours, one semi private universal tour, 40 table service credits, 40 counter service credits, 40 snacks, 30 fast pass reservations per day, including fireworks, MSEP, and Main Street Mickey, one dessert party at universal, 6 dinner or lunch reservations for 10 or 4, and my hubby and I planned it all.

What now? Oh..and by the way, we are going on the vacation we planned for and paid for from last year...rofl...33 days later we are going to California for ABD Southern California!!! Wow!

Will September get here already?!?!

Ihave a one bed suite (jr suite} booked at BC. It says one king and day bed. Does anyone know if some one bed suites can have 2 queens instead of king also if not will i (nanny) be comfortable on a day bed for 10 nights ..thankyou

Ihave a one bed suite (jr suite} booked at BC. It says one king and day bed. Does anyone know if some one bed suites can have 2 queens instead of king also if not will i (nanny) be comfortable on a day bed for 10 nights ..thankyou

I don't believe any of the 1BR Suites have 2 queens as a bedding configuration. I think they are all 1 King and 1 Daybed and have a maximum capacity of 3+ guests (the + refers to guests under the age of 3)

If you go back to Page 124 of this thread, Ferrentinos kindly shared some pictures of Room 3501, a 1 BR Suite that includes a photo of the daybed. You can take a look but I don't think I can determine whether you would be comfortable on it or not.

:)

The one bedroom suites ALL have one king in the bedroom and in the sitting room there is a daybed in some of the suites and some of them have the daybed sofa in the actual bedroom area. It seems there are different configurations in them. As far as comfortable, I am comfortable on a small hard twin bed but my daughter is not. Just depends on what your comfortable level is I guess. The one bedroom suites are NOT on the fifth floor but you have elevator access to the fifth floor where the lounge is located.

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she makes a complete recovery and soon. Hope you have a great trip. I am looking forward to some swim time at SAB and having a few drinks at Hurricane Hannah's.
Definitely planning SAB time! In fact we spend the majority of our vacation there that's why we love the YC and BC so much!!

page 129-131

Never mind. I'm having trouble uploading the pic; it says it's too large. How do I make it smaller? These photos are on my phone if it makes a difference. I've never posted pics before.

I haven't posted pictures from my phone, but to make the pictures smaller using your computer, open the picture in a photo editor (like Paint) and select the resize option. I think both 50% and 25% work. I like to make a copy because I don't want to alter the original picture. Then you should be able to directly post the picture using the "Upload a File" option on the DIS.

You can also upload the file in the original size if you use a photosharing service like Photobucket or Flickr, but that process is slightly more complicated.

:goodvibes:

Post a Photo on the DIS? New Version
With the new DIS server (Feb 2015) pictures can be directly uploaded to the DIS using the "Upload a File" feature. Two things to note- files that are too large will not upload and must be resized and when you quote a post that has a direct upload, you will not get the photo in your response box, you will just get a message that says "Attach XXXX"

To resize a photo, make a copy so you don't alter the original photo file. Open the copy in a photo editor like "Paint" and select the "resize" option. 25% and 50% have both worked for me.

To resize a group of photos, use "Send to Mail recipient Method"- will post these instructions soon

Traditional Method using Photosharing Service and photo link:
Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson:
Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

We got home late last night. I think I'm suffering from post Disney-partum depression! We had a really great vacation. It was nice to meet both Teena and Cath072. They both inspired me to go to the local Disney store and apply for a job and hope for some benefits to feed my addiction...

Dee-our room # was 5667. It was a water view that looked out the back entrance. I will try to figure out how to post the pictures I took, but I did them from my tablet and it acted wonky a few times so we'll see if I can get it to work.

We ended our vacation with a few days at the WL. It was ok. We had a deluxe room that was a great size, but didn't like the location and it had some issues (air conditioning unit sounded like a plane taking off and it ran constantly, refrig stopped working the first night, bathroom fan kicked on if you walked by the door, etc.) It made us really miss BC. Club CMs were no where near as friendly and helpful except for one (may have just hit the wrong group). So for us, BC CL is still the place to be!

Thanks again for all of your reports. I have included some instructions for posting pictures above, or if you would like to send them to me by email, you can send them to beachclubdee at yahoo.

WOOT!! 19 days till out first (and hopefully many more) stay in BC!! The kids been watching SAB pool videos on Youtube and can't wait to experience it. Do we need to bring our own towels from the room or they have some in the pool? I understand that life vests are provided in the pool?

Our last trip to WDW, we probably spend $100 just on bottle waters, so I promised my husband that we'll be smarter this year :rolleyes:. I'm thinking of using Orlando grocery express where they can deliver to the hotel in person. Has anyone use them and what do you think? Or any other suggestions on how we can have water bottles deliver to BC without them going to the convention center?

Gosh... I've been planning this trip for more than 6 months but I feel like we're barely ready for it!!! :smooth:

Yes, towels are available at the pool, right as you enter- no need to bring room towels.

There are life vests poolside, in busier times I'm not sure if availability is an issue.

There are a few options for water delivery to the resort. In either the FAQ post (13) or Other Useful Info Post (14) on Page 1, there are some descriptions of the different services. You can also purchase a case of water from the Beach Club Marketplace- Last time I had a price check it was $16 for a case of 24 bottles of Dasani water (20 oz bottles, believe) but I have temporarily misplaced my price list.

:)

What amazing pictures!! I am going to start at the bottom and scroll back :) It's a super long post.
My family and I hope to be going here June 2016. The DS company I sell for just told us that we can earn an all expenses paid trip and this is where we would be staying so I am soaking up ALL the info I can!

Back to ready -- thank you so much the resort looks AMAZING!!

:welcome: to this thread and GOOD LUCK with your sales! I hope you are able to earn a trip here. Please keep us posted.

:goodvibes:

We have a stay booked for 8/5-8/9. We currently have 8/5 at the Beach Club and the other 3 nights at the Yacht Club. Neither had availability for all 4 nights. Going for a medical conference, I assume the availability is only rooms at the conference rate. I've been calling, so far nothing has opened up to put the whole stay together.
Anyone have any guess whether we'll have better luck at check in? Such a short stay so really don't want to move rooms if we don't have to....

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

It is definitely worth checking. Not sure what the likelihood is, but I'm sure the people at checkin will do what they can to accommodate your request if it is possible. From what I understand, room availability can change by the minute, so it never hurts to ask.

That being said, both resorts have been at 100% booking lately, so there may not be any wiggle room.

Good luck.

:cool2:

I'm a couple days behind, but go Maryland. I live in HoCo, work in PG. First stay at BC scheduled for June 2016. Can't wait.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Ocalla, what are your dates? WL construction begins in earnest Oct. 26. There are reports of some rooms being fitted as DVC sample rooms. Some guests have reported noise from it. I'm sure you are already up to date on all this, but thought I'd mention it.
Mary

So sweet of you to mention that! We are going to be at Art of Animation for the one night prior to BC!!! By the way, we did really love our WL stay last year!

I've seen several mention no more towel animals anymore. Wondering where this info came from? Resort wide or only @ Y&B club? Thanks!

I saw a thread about this somewhere and it mentioned the housekeepers using too much time to the animals that took away from actually cleaning up the room? Sounds crazy, but that seemed to be one of the reasons!

According to Erika's live report pictures it looks like the infamous dole whip float has made its way to BC!

There is a while frozen treat section where they used to rent the tubes and sold the noodles

Dole whips and the new frozen sunken treasures - can this trip get any better?

Well that just sounds amazing! Must book another trip to check this out! Mmmmm

According to Erika's live report pictures it looks like the infamous dole whip float has made its way to BC!

There is a while frozen treat section where they used to rent the tubes and sold the noodles

Dole whips and the new frozen sunken treasures - can this trip get any better?

This news and Erika's pictures just rocked my morning!!!

What a GREAT use of this building that used to sell pool supplies!

I did not get a Dole Whip during the June class trip (didn't even make it into Adventureland with Pirates closed) and didn't anticipate having one in August since I won't be making it to MK.

To celebrate, here are some dancing bananas since I don't have any dancing pineapples

:banana::banana::banana:

ETA: Erika reports that you can get the Pineapple Ice Cream/Float WITH alcohol!

:drinking1

Last edited:
19 days for me too! Can not wait, we will be celebrating DD's sweet sixteen birthday. We are bringing her best friend along who has never been so it will be nice to experience Disney through her eyes! Also it has been an awful summer for us; my mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and has been undergoing chemo which has really beat her up. Luckily the prognosis is good but it is going to be a year long journey. So with her blessing we are still go to Disney and we are looking forward to escaping reality for the week!!! YC here we come!!!!

So sorry to hear about your mother and her diagnosis. We went through something similar with my mother in law and her Endometrial cancer diagnosis in January. Was an awful winter (her diagnosis combined with the record snowfall here in Massachusetts) but it will get better. She had her last chemo treatment on July 13th and the hope is it will be her last ever. We have been saying we need this WDW trip more than any previous one. It will help a great deal for healing all of our families.

My prayers are certainly with you and your family as you deal with this. Keep fighting the good fight!!

Jay

This news and Erika's pictures just rocked my morning!!!

What a GREAT use of this building that used to sell pool supplies!

I did not get a Dole Whip during the June class trip (didn't even make it into Adventureland with Pirates closed) and didn't anticipate having one in August since I won't be making it to MK.

To celebrate, here are some dancing bananas since I don't have any dancing pineapples

As if the BC wasn't perfect enough already, now they add Dole Whips!!!!! At least I know where all of my snack credits are going to end up!!!

Jay

We are having a few days away in the English Lake District. Today we visited the Pencil Museum. Wowser. Who knew that during the Second World War they were employed by the British government to produce a pencil with a map of Germany and a tiny compass hidden inside of it!
A museum dedicated to the most important art supply? I'm in! Now if they would add a special section dedicated to colored gel pens...

~Cari~ pluto:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter