Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have the opposite trip planned, although we're not staying CL at the BC (only SV available on the magical deal). Where were you located at the WL? We have a deluxe room booked and I admit I'm a bit leery about the potential for construction. I know most of it hasn't started, but there are folks who've reported hearing hammering at the resort and the WL CMs are denying that anything is taking place. We requested a courtyard view room. Hoping that keeps us away from whatever might be going on by the villa side of things.

Well...I will start out saying the room size is great. I have 2 adult kids so it was nice for the extra room and we do fine in a standard room so the extra room was a bonus. The room we got was on the north side, 2nd floor. The 3 rooms being renovated are on the south side. When we got the room assignment I mentioned the construction because I didn't know where the room was located. The CM did adamantly deny construction at the resort. She also said there were no rooms you could see fireworks when I commented to my son no watching the fireworks from a 2nd floor room. She also told me no deluxes were courtyard. I told her I had read some of the rooms could see fireworks and she told me not to believe everything you read on the internet! DH told her I saw it on this site and she got quiet (he knew I had seen pictures). Anyway, if you get the end deluxe on the 2nd floor you will have a balcony that is enclosed by a stone wall that is almost 4 ft high. There is barely room to sit without your knees or feet touching the wall or if turned the other way the door. The good part is that the exit door is right outside your door and you can get to the pool about 1 minute and the boat in about 3-4 minutes. The resort is very nice and we did have good interaction with 1 CL CM and a front desk CM also. I sincerely hope you get a room you really like there. I had really wanted to like it but sometimes things don't go as planned!

We've also got a magical deal for December so that's why no CL for us either. Oh well, there's always the next trip!

We stayed in that exact same room! It was perfect! The location to the lounge, the view from the balcony and even a day bed. We LOVED it there!!

Jay

We had 5707 last summer and had wanted to be in that area this year, but I really liked 5667! It is close to everything without being noisy. It's nice when your room is in a different area and you find you like it. Makes each stay just slightly different.

Well...I will start out saying the room size is great. I have 2 adult kids so it was nice for the extra room and we do fine in a standard room so the extra room was a bonus. The room we got was on the north side, 2nd floor. The 3 rooms being renovated are on the south side. When we got the room assignment I mentioned the construction because I didn't know where the room was located. The CM did adamantly deny construction at the resort. She also said there were no rooms you could see fireworks when I commented to my son no watching the fireworks from a 2nd floor room. She also told me no deluxes were courtyard. I told her I had read some of the rooms could see fireworks and she told me not to believe everything you read on the internet! DH told her I saw it on this site and she got quiet (he knew I had seen pictures). Anyway, if you get the end deluxe on the 2nd floor you will have a balcony that is enclosed by a stone wall that is almost 4 ft high. There is barely room to sit without your knees or feet touching the wall or if turned the other way the door. The good part is that the exit door is right outside your door and you can get to the pool about 1 minute and the boat in about 3-4 minutes. The resort is very nice and we did have good interaction with 1 CL CM and a front desk CM also. I sincerely hope you get a room you really like there. I had really wanted to like it but sometimes things don't go as planned!

We've also got a magical deal for December so that's why no CL for us either. Oh well, there's always the next trip!

Thanks for the info! I swear, the lack of knowledge by Disney CMs can be really annoying. The only thing I've really mentioned to IPO when I texted them was I wanted a courtyard room. I was told it would be noted. Meh. We'll see when we get there. I know WDWKook's map mentions deluxe rooms that have courtyard views. They're supposed to be closer to the lounge. I'm not worried about that so much as construction. I'm definitely looking forward to the extra room. It will be me, my sister, niece who's almost six-foot tall, and the two younger kids.

Thanks for the info! I swear, the lack of knowledge by Disney CMs can be really annoying. The only thing I've really mentioned to IPO when I texted them was I wanted a courtyard room. I was told it would be noted. Meh. We'll see when we get there. I know WDWKook's map mentions deluxe rooms that have courtyard views. They're supposed to be closer to the lounge. I'm not worried about that so much as construction. I'm definitely looking forward to the extra room. It will be me, my sister, niece who's almost six-foot tall, and the two younger kids.

You should like the amount of room. The areas can be closed off for some privacy. That particular CM knew what room we had (she admitted it when we came back up to ask if there was anything else available) so I think some of the attitude was defensive knowing it wasn't an "ideal" room for our requests. WDWKook is the one who gave me the suggestions for our requests when I first booked the room. She's great! Too bad we got none of them lol!

Very excited to see the Osborne Lights again this year at Hollywood Studios- hopefully its not the last year that Disney displays them. This is one of the reason we go to Disney in December. Love the decorations in the lobby's of the YC and BC!! :santa::santa:

:rainbow::rainbow:

We saw them for the first time last year. it's awesome! Lucky enough to get to see them again this year. Can't beat taking the boat or walking over to see them!

Quick question - does the shop in the Yacht Club sell breakfast cereal? I stayed there a couple of years ago and think I remember seeing that it sold milk but I can't remember seeing any breakfast cereal.

1F

I don't really know the answer to your question as I have never actually been in Fittings & Fairings myself, but I do plan on checking it out and taking lots of pictures during my visit in August. If I remember.

For now, here is the link to the thread that has some older pictures, but unfortunately the ones with the snack/food items are a bit blurry.

YC Gift Shop: Fittings & Fairings Photo Thread
Includes pictures by Cinderumbrella in June 2011, Yacht Club Resort Merchandise by MickeyT in January 2012 and pictures by beebeeryan in August 2013.

I'm pretty sure you can find boxes of breakfast cereal- either big boxes and/or the individual oens at the Beach Club Marketplace.

:)

Last edited:
question for the experts: Just added on additional day to our vacation. We will be at A0A for 1 night before checking into BC. I was curious about the park tickets? I know the rooms won't be ready early Saturday morning, but will we still get use of our park tickets on the MB's? or do we need to actually go to BC to check in to get the tickets activated on the bands?

Also, will I be getting 2 sets of MB's? one for AoA and then switch to BC bands for the remainder of our stay?

Quick question - does the shop in the Yacht Club sell breakfast cereal? I stayed there a couple of years ago and think I remember seeing that it sold milk but I can't remember seeing any breakfast cereal.

1F

I will add that to my list of things to check out tomorrow. If Yacht Club gift shop doesn't sell it, the Beach Club gift shop should.

IMG_8861.jpg

I snabbed this photo from a previous post. Does anyone know if they sell these prints?

Ummm, that Pretzel looks soooooo good!!! Is it the kind that's similar to Germany? You know a little less greasy with butter???

I've heard my daughter mention Wawa before when she worked there, I thought all this time she meant Walmart

WaWa pretzels are doughy thick philly pretzel style, not buttery, no oil. Not Philadelphia pretzel factory, I mean real philly pretzels.

question for the experts: Just added on additional day to our vacation. We will be at A0A for 1 night before checking into BC. I was curious about the park tickets? I know the rooms won't be ready early Saturday morning, but will we still get use of our park tickets on the MB's? or do we need to actually go to BC to check in to get the tickets activated on the bands?

Also, will I be getting 2 sets of MB's? one for AoA and then switch to BC bands for the remainder of our stay?
Yes, you will have 2 sets of bands (though MDX now has the option to "decline band" so you may be able to avoid that if you want.

And you should have no issue going straight to the parks that morning. Though I've never done this myself, that's one of the advantages of having everything programmed on your band - no need to check in to activate your tickets!

Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???
Our room was in good shape.

19 days for me too! Can not wait, we will be celebrating DD's sweet sixteen birthday. We are bringing her best friend along who has never been so it will be nice to experience Disney through her eyes! Also it has been an awful summer for us; my mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and has been undergoing chemo which has really beat her up. Luckily the prognosis is good but it is going to be a year long journey. So with her blessing we are still go to Disney and we are looking forward to escaping reality for the week!!! YC here we come!!!!
So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she makes a complete recovery and soon. Hope you have a great trip. I am looking forward to some swim time at SAB and having a few drinks at Hurricane Hannah's.

We have the opposite trip planned, although we're not staying CL at the BC (only SV available on the magical deal). Where were you located at the WL? We have a deluxe room booked and I admit I'm a bit leery about the potential for construction. I know most of it hasn't started, but there are folks who've reported hearing hammering at the resort and the WL CMs are denying that anything is taking place. We requested a courtyard view room. Hoping that keeps us away from whatever might be going on by the villa side of things.

We stayed at WL in May and there was a bunch of scaffolding around the exterior and some rooms were being worked on near the pool area. Rumor had it the were going to be DVC model rooms. The main construction will begin in October. We got our construction letter in the mail last week. We are there Oct 22-23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter