• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there anything I should request or think about while requesting for a standard room at BC? I read somewhere that not all the rooms have queen beds which would be disasterous! Do they all have the daybed too?

I think I want to be closer to EPCOT too. View - or do all standards come with the standard parking lot view? Higher floor or lower floor for less walking?

Is there anything I should request or think about while requesting for a standard room at BC? I read somewhere that not all the rooms have queen beds which would be disasterous! Do they all have the daybed too?

I think I want to be closer to EPCOT too. View - or do all standards come with the standard parking lot view? Higher floor or lower floor for less walking?

Standard view rooms have a view of either a parking lot or roof. If you want to be close to Epcot, just request "close to Epcot" ... which would mean you would be far away from the lobby. It's up to you whether or not you want a higher or lower floor. If you request close to Epcot and a higher floor, you'd probably use the stairway by the secret entrance to get to Epcot so you would not have to walk away from Epcot and towards the elevators.

Hi Everyone -

I'm coming out of lurkdom after reading this *entire* thread to say thank you for all of the information you've provided here. I'll be staying at the BC for the first time August 29 - September 5, and now know that I will be there at the same time as many other people here. I don't really look like my profile photo anymore (taken at my first trip to WDW, several pounds and hair colors ago), but if you see someone awkwardly staring at you like you are some kind of Disboards celebrity, that might be me.

After reading this thread I now know:

• My TA who said he cannot add room requests to my reservation, I can only do it through online check-in, is either lying or misinformed.
  • The lobby at the BC smells really good (unless it's dinner time and you are near the walkway to the YC and you don't like fish).
  • There are no more towel animals in the rooms. If I want some I will have to make them myself.
  • There is a secret entrance near Epcot, and another even more secret exit near that secret entrance.
  • Gazebo view rooms at the YC are very desirable.
  • I am probably the only person staying in a regular sized room with three full grown adults and two children but I don't want to ask or know if it will be too crowded because there is no turning back now and I can only pray for a magical pixie dust upgrade of some sort (which I should never ask for).
  • I would really like to try club level some time, but if I do, I will NOT get the dining plan.
  • If my mother gets too whiny I should order a Sunken Treasure from Hurricane Hannah's for her, even though it's not on the menu.
  • NOBODY knows when the refurbishments will begin or end at the BCV or the YC.
So with all of that out of the way, I do have a question that might seem stupid or silly or obvious but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it here. I understand that you have to walk quite a ways to get to the water slide from the main pool areas at SAB. I also understand that the ground is very hot and your feet could get burned if you aren't wearing shoes. How do you get to the slide entrance from the pool area without burning your feet? Do you wear your sandals over there and carry them in your hands when you go down the slide? Do you leave them at the base of the slide? If so, how do you get them back? Do they keep the concrete wet over this walkway so people don't burn their feet? What are the logistics? I probably sound crazy, but I worry about details like this.

Thanks again for this very informative and entertaining thread! :thanks:
Haha, great post!! The slide isn't all that far, you just have to cross the walkway. We do wear flip flops and just hold them going down slide. I don't go that much to slide, I find it stings my back too much and prefer floating along the lazy river with my pool noodle!

Slide- my son never complained about hot pavement so I'm guessing it's not too bad (he is a fairly dramatic 9 year old)

Posting on my phone and didn't hit quote- about the cake issue: would it help to freeze the layers, pack in a thermal lunchbox and put in fridge upon arrival? If wrapped well the cake should be fresh still. Hope your DD has magical birthday!

Hi Everyone -

I'm coming out of lurkdom after reading this *entire* thread to say thank you for all of the information you've provided here. I'll be staying at the BC for the first time August 29 - September 5, and now know that I will be there at the same time as many other people here. I don't really look like my profile photo anymore (taken at my first trip to WDW, several pounds and hair colors ago), but if you see someone awkwardly staring at you like you are some kind of Disboards celebrity, that might be me.

• My TA who said he cannot add room requests to my reservation, I can only do it through online check-in, is either lying or misinformed.
  • The lobby at the BC smells really good (unless it's dinner time and you are near the walkway to the YC and you don't like fish).
  • There are no more towel animals in the rooms. If I want some I will have to make them myself.
  • There is a secret entrance near Epcot, and another even more secret exit near that secret entrance.
  • I am probably the only person staying in a regular sized room with three full grown adults and two children but I don't want to ask or know if it will be too crowded because there is no turning back now and I can only pray for a magical pixie dust upgrade of some sort (which I should never ask for).
  • I would really like to try club level some time, but if I do, I will NOT get the dining plan.
  • If my mother gets too whiny I should order a Sunken Treasure from Hurricane Hannah's for her, even though it's not on the menu.
So with all of that out of the way, I do have a question that might seem stupid or silly or obvious but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it here. I understand that you have to walk quite a ways to get to the water slide from the main pool areas at SAB. I also understand that the ground is very hot and your feet could get burned if you aren't wearing shoes. How do you get to the slide entrance from the pool area without burning your feet? Do you wear your sandals over there and carry them in your hands when you go down the slide? Do you leave them at the base of the slide? If so, how do you get them back? Do they keep the concrete wet over this walkway so people don't burn their feet? What are the logistics? I probably sound crazy, but I worry about details like this.

I am going out of order- I still have several pages to catch up and comment upon, but your post made me smile.

:welcome:

You have done your homework and paid attention! :thumbsup2

I will be arriving the same day as you and will be there a few nights with some DISpals. You may recognize us by our SAB Synchronized Pool Tube Team shirts (yes, we really do have them) or if you see a group of 4 or 5 women slurping electric green signature drinks (frozen or non-frozen), please say hello!

Great question about the path to the slide. I have never worn sandals or flip flops going from the pool area to the slide. Maybe it depends on the time of day. If the slide is getting lots of use, then I am guessing the pathway between SAB and the slide entrance stays wet/cool enough to go barefoot.

Did you see this link in Post 3? If you look at the pictures you can see wet footprints along the path.

How do I get from the Jib Slide exit to the entrance of the slide? by pixarmom

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Dee...belated Happy Anniversary to you and Mark. As far as plans for your 30th, would a Disney Cruise be too far away from home?

I know someone who would be able to answer any Disney Cruise questions you might have. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Mark really wants to do a Disney cruise, but that would not be right for a trip without the kids, mostly because we would not have phone service while out of the country so we couldn't keep in touch with the kids and if something happened and we needed to get back quick it would probably be more difficult from a cruise ship.

:sail:

ChandraM: Great Post!!!!!! You are a fast learner too! Welcome to the group. You will love it here (and when you actually get to BC/YC!) Yes, concrete is hot. It's even wise to keep Flip Flops very close when going in and out of pool area......or just order Several Sunken Treasure's and your feet will go numb.

I think NM might startup a new business of making "Towel Animals" and shipping them to the resorts. She has such "talent".

don't ever feel stupid if you recognize any of us. I have met at least 3 people from this thread while vacationing!!!

I read somewhere that not all the rooms have queen beds which would be disasterous! Do they all have the daybed too?
The rooms have either queen beds or king beds, although the vast majority of rooms have queens. Many rooms have daybeds but not all of them. If you have a group of five then you will most likely get a room with a daybed. You can request a room with a daybed if you don't have five in your group, but it isn't guaranteed. The sofa sleepers in the villas building are double bed size.

Hi all!

2 bits of great news!

1. (Most importantly) Dad did quite well with his surgery on Monday and is recovering nicely! His surgeon is pleased, and though to us, it looks terrible, his nurses are very encouraging, saying that he looks terrific considering it's only been 48 hours. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

2. My Magic Bands actually arrived today! They are for our stint at CR, but our BC ones have been on the way since yesterday! Wheee!

Those are both fantastic things to hear! Hooray!!!

:cool1:

I'll look at my calendar to see if we can synchronize a time to get together next week. The following week we leave for Yellowstone and then I know you are off for a trip somewhere...

:goodvibes:

Dee: have you and Mark considered DisneyLAND?

Great suggestion...

We took a family trip to Disneyland (4 nights) last July on our way to Hawaii. It was a great trip (and if you want to read more, much more about it, check out Tale of Two Trips in my signature)

:rotfl:

Last edited:
Hi all, I have been reading this thread as much at I can, and I am super excited for my first visit to the Yacht Club in September. The budget only allows for one night, but I am looking forward to relaxing at the pool and enjoying some yummy drinks! Thank you for this wonderful thread full of info!!

Hi Everyone -

We stayed at BC last year in a regular room with 3 adults, an 11 year old and a 4 year old and we did just fine:thumbsup2 Although my mother is 4'10" so I don't know if you'd consider her a "full grown" adult:rotfl:

Thanks everyone for the advice about the slide! I also have a fairly dramatic 9 year old boy, so if you see a mom shooting out the slide exit juggling four flip-flops by herself, that might be me. And I saw those photos of the path to the slide but I don't know how I missed that the path is both shady and wet! Since my son and I spent so many hours every afternoon getting out of the pool and circling around to the slide over and over again on our trip to WL 2 years ago that I started to get dizzy it's pretty safe to assume that's what I'll be doing this year too.

We went in early May last time, so it wasn't quite as hot as it probably will be this time, but I guess I picked a pretty good time to go this year since so many of you experts are going then. If I see any of you I will force myself to come out of real-life lurkdom to say hi. My family will likely be the ones to think I'm crazy when I tell them I recognize you from obsessively reading your obsessively detailed accounts of your previous trips to WDW online. This is a major hobby of mine lately..

We stayed at BC last year in a regular room with 3 adults, an 11 year old and a 4 year old and we did just fine:thumbsup2 Although my mother is 4'10" so I don't know if you'd consider her a "full grown" adult:rotfl:

I am 4' 11" and my Mom is 5' 2" on a good day, so I guess we're in the same boat!

On the bus to the BC! Just got our room # via text. I looked it up on the FAQ and it's labeled as standard view. We are booked for pool/water view. What should I do?
You could go straight to the front desk and ask. Or you could go to the room and check it out first, but then you may have to do a lot of walking back and forth. I'd say go and ask first, then maybe you can get it straightened out before you walk too far.

You could go straight to the front desk and ask. Or you could go to the room and check it out first, but then you may have to do a lot of walking back and forth. I'd say go and ask first, then maybe you can get it straightened out before you walk too far.

We are in the room and it seems fine. We can see the pool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter