• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I hadn't thought of baking before, but I don't think it will work. We arrive on the 13th and her birthday isn't until the 21st.
In that case, I know that the Marketplace sells eggs, butter, milk, etc.; they also sell Mickey measuring cups and measuring spoons, and other cooking utensils (of course, overpriced, but cute). I do not recall seeing baking pans, though. I would think you could bring disposable aluminum pans...lightweight and throwaway. The Boardwalk's Screen Door General Store also carries groceries.

I would think that you would be able to call and find out if they have what you will need. You have a lucky daughter!

Polishnavy: Hubby and I are normally very clean eaters, but we have been doing a very lean, very strict diet for: 12 weeks for him, 8 weeks for me. We just keep counting down the days to enjoy all that yumminess in 50 days!!!!!

This is me! I normally eat very well and am going to do a pre-Disney diet just so that I can eat anything and everything while I am there!

Ummm, that Pretzel looks soooooo good!!! Is it the kind that's similar to Germany? You know a little less greasy with butter???

I've heard my daughter mention Wawa before when she worked there, I thought all this time she meant Walmart

I called called for jury duty the week we were scheduled at the YC in May. Last week was my "make up" week, and sadly I was not picked for the trial....which was really ok as I lost a whole day of Disney planning in that courtroom!
I was initially called in June, but I had to postpone since it was the Kids' Carnival Day at school. This is my 3rd time being picked for a jury. But boy am I behind here on the DIS

Hello! Been a while since I have checked in here. Lots going on in life.

Since we stayed at BCV in January and it was so cold and rainy and the slide was down for yearly repairs and didn't get to enjoy Stormalong Bay, I have us booked in a Lagoon/Pool view at YC from 09/13 - 09/16 before we head over to WL.

This was a surprise for DH who really really really wants to go down the slide.
And since he has been in Afghanistan since March and returns home on Aug 15 I thought he deserved that fun :)
HELLO!! Nice to "see" you! :)

We have WAWAs here and have never tried their hoagies. We always go to Subway. I think we will need to try WAWA when we return from Disney.
Wawa is MUCH better than Subway IMO. They are mostly South of where I am, but I hit it whenever possible!

Thanks so much! It was amazing to get the suite upgrade! Now we are so super spoiled!
AMAZING upgrade and your DD is ADORBS!!!!!!!!!! (clearly I am watching too much Jessie and Disney Channel with my girls :) )

Erika and Teena Somehow I lost you two in my multiquote, sorry.... Erika if this would've happened in two weeks I would've totally told the judge I can't lol.

Teena we grow tomatoes too, even though we are headed down in two weeks, we don't check-in until 8/13 sorry. I wish I could ship some of my MILs tomato salad it's so good!

I am not sure if I posted already, but our MBs arrived Monday! In two weeks from today...I'll be packing up the Pas-mobile (AKA Traverse Erika ;) ) for our trip down I95!!!!!!!!!!:drive:

Will special requests given to TA show up on MDE online check-in page? If online check-in is done, will online requests checked off interfere with TA-placed room requests?

I've never used online check-in before, but others have posted positive comments about having their room available upon arrival and requests being met, so I thought I might try it.

Any thoughts?

The special room requests that are given to either the Disney reservation clerks or to a TA do not appear in your MDE account. The options that you click when doing online check in will appear in your MDE account. If the request that I want is listed as an option in the online check in, then I don't call in any additional requests. If my requests need to be called in because they don't appear in the online list, then I still do online check in but I skip the request part.

This is why I'm thinking of skipping online check-in. The request my TA put on our reservation was "2 queen beds, close to lobby". I don't feel like walking to my room only to realize it's miles away from the lobby/transportation. Then having to go back down to the front desk to see if they can change my room. Curious to what those of you who have done online check-in think?
You can still do online check in so that they know your arrival time and have your contact info. That way they can text your resort room number to you. Just don't fill out the room request part of it. :)

When we stay at the BC I always request a full balcony using the online check in option. When we stay at the WL I always call in my request and skip the online room request section. When I did online check in for POR, I did both, called in some requests and added two more via online check in. I've never stayed there before, so we'll see how it goes.

But I always do online check in for all resort stays because I love having my room ready when I get there. :)

The special room requests that are given to either the Disney reservation clerks or to a TA do not appear in your MDE account. The options that you click when doing online check in will appear in your MDE account. If the request that I want is listed as an option in the online check in, then I don't call in any additional requests. If my requests need to be called in because they don't appear in the online list, then I still do online check in but I skip the request part.

You can still do online check in so that they know your arrival time and have your contact info. That way they can text your resort room number to you. Just don't fill out the room request part of it. :)

When we stay at the BC I always request a full balcony using the online check in option. When we stay at the WL I always call in my request and skip the online room request section. When I did online check in for POR, I did both, called in some requests and added two more via online check in. I've never stayed there before, so we'll see how it goes.

But I always do online check in for all resort stays because I love having my room ready when I get there. :)

Thanks for the info, Sue.

All this talk about Online Check in gives me an itchy finger . I don't wAnt too do it.....and yet I do

I arrive at BCV on Monday for a very short (less than 24 hours) stay before switching hotels to volunteer for Geekycon. if anyone has any requests for pictures or information, let me know. I know someone wanted a picture of BCV lobby and someone wanted a picture of BCV studio fridge. Any other requests in the YC/BC/BCV area?

This is a resort only trip. I will just be hanging out, relaxing, so I should have time to check things out if asked.

I arrive at BCV on Monday for a very short (less than 24 hours) stay before switching hotels to volunteer for Geekycon. if anyone has any requests for pictures or information, let me know. I know someone wanted a picture of BCV lobby and someone wanted a picture of BCV studio fridge. Any other requests in the YC/BC/BCV area?

This is a resort only trip. I will just be hanging out, relaxing, so I should have time to check things out if asked.

Hi Best Aunt!

I am curious as to the size/capacity of the automatic drip coffee maker in the studios? I keep hearing conflicting reports that a 4-cup is "studio standard issue" but others claim they are 10-cup machines. We will be staying strictly in studios each year and would like to know what to expect.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Best Aunt!

I am curious as to the size/capacity of the automatic drip coffee maker in the studios? I keep hearing conflicting reports that a 4-cup is "studio standard issue" but others claim they are 10-cup machines. We will be staying strictly in studios each year and would like to know what to expect.

Thank you for your time!
I will take a picture.

Hi Best Aunt!

Thank you for your time!

Keep in mind that what is there now might be totally different after the rehab.

Yup! But since they apparently have put off the rehab, I thought I might be able to help people who will stay at BCV before it is rehabbed.

I seem to remember that there may be a time when you can go to MNSSHP, F&W and possibly the Holiday Party in the same trip if you plan it right. When would that be?

Okay you've already gotten good responses to this (Yup the first week of November.) but I wanted to add a few more options to entice you... :rolleyes1

My Mom & I are coming in on Oct 31st (1 night at BW) so that we can do the S&D's Food & Wine Classic on Sat, MNSSHP on Sunday, a week of F&W (staying at BCV), then off-property for a couple more days to hit the other things in Orlando (What? There are other things in Orlando!?!?!?! :D ), and doing MVMCP before flying home.

Also during that 1st full weekend of Nov are the F&W marathons. So timed right you could do 5 different events over 10+ days.

One thing to note is that even though the parties start on the 8th the resort decorations usually don't fully go up till after Veterans Day (Nov 11th). For example the Contemporary's Frozen gingerbread display was Nov 13th, GF the 23rd, & BC the 25th.

(BTW I'm not new to this board, just haven't been around for a couple years since my last BC stay in 2012.)

Rach

Totally agree. I figured that if it's a 4 cup now, then it should get upgraded to the larger size ( and be consistent with other DVC studios).

Aw - my daughter has that same exact outfit!

Ahhh nice picture! I sure do remember wearing those smock tops!!!o_O

Somewhere in the bowels of my basement is a picture of me wearing a pair of pink flare jeans with the face of Shaun Cassidy airbrushed on the right thigh. I am resolved to find it before my children do.

Thank you everyone.
DH is a Navy veteran but couldn't reenlist because of his service disabilities.
He is over there working with the Army as a contractor, but is part of Task Force ODIN.
Definitely proud of him. Just because he's 'not in uniform' any longer doesn't mean that he's not in danger while there.
Coming to Disney is a real treat for him, and while he wasn't a huge Disney fan when we started going together, when we talk on Skype and he says "I can't wait until I am home and we go to Disney" it makes me happy when I can surprise him with something like a stay at the YC :)

I hope your trip is everything you all deserve!

I made my ADRs for our January trip. For anyone who's had trouble with the app giving them the 180+10 days, try deleting and reinstalling the app. I logged out and back in, but it didn't give me those extra days until I just deleted the whole mess and started over.

Hi Everyone -

I'm coming out of lurkdom after reading this *entire* thread to say thank you for all of the information you've provided here. I'll be staying at the BC for the first time August 29 - September 5, and now know that I will be there at the same time as many other people here. I don't really look like my profile photo anymore (taken at my first trip to WDW, several pounds and hair colors ago), but if you see someone awkwardly staring at you like you are some kind of Disboards celebrity, that might be me.

After reading this thread I now know:

• My TA who said he cannot add room requests to my reservation, I can only do it through online check-in, is either lying or misinformed.
  • The lobby at the BC smells really good (unless it's dinner time and you are near the walkway to the YC and you don't like fish).
  • There are no more towel animals in the rooms. If I want some I will have to make them myself.
  • There is a secret entrance near Epcot, and another even more secret exit near that secret entrance.
  • Gazebo view rooms at the YC are very desirable.
  • I am probably the only person staying in a regular sized room with three full grown adults and two children but I don't want to ask or know if it will be too crowded because there is no turning back now and I can only pray for a magical pixie dust upgrade of some sort (which I should never ask for).
  • I would really like to try club level some time, but if I do, I will NOT get the dining plan.
  • If my mother gets too whiny I should order a Sunken Treasure from Hurricane Hannah's for her, even though it's not on the menu.
  • NOBODY knows when the refurbishments will begin or end at the BCV or the YC.
So with all of that out of the way, I do have a question that might seem stupid or silly or obvious but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it here. I understand that you have to walk quite a ways to get to the water slide from the main pool areas at SAB. I also understand that the ground is very hot and your feet could get burned if you aren't wearing shoes. How do you get to the slide entrance from the pool area without burning your feet? Do you wear your sandals over there and carry them in your hands when you go down the slide? Do you leave them at the base of the slide? If so, how do you get them back? Do they keep the concrete wet over this walkway so people don't burn their feet? What are the logistics? I probably sound crazy, but I worry about details like this.

Thanks again for this very informative and entertaining thread! :thanks:

I wear my flip flops and hold them going down

We will be there August 20-31. We have a standard sized room and we are 2 adults, 3 teenagers. NEVER felt it was too crowded.

My picture is in the first page under Dis Meets. If you see me please stop and say hello. Don't feel strange at all! I have been known to stalk my DIS friends. (Remember Nettie. . .and the ladies room at Narcoossee's)

I wear my flip flops and hold them going down

We will be there August 20-31. We have a standard sized room and we are 2 adults, 3 teenagers. NEVER felt it was too crowded.

My picture is in the first page under Dis Meets. If you see me please stop and say hello. Don't feel strange at all! I have been known to stalk my DIS friends. (Remember Nettie. . .and the ladies room at Narcoossee's)

Thanks for the reassurance about the room size and the ability to hold shoes while going down the slide! Maybe if I see you and I'm not feeling too shy I will say hello ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter