• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Cabanas will be great, I often wondered why they didn't have them at this resort. It's a pool people want to spend a lot of time at, a cabana with guaranteed shade and space would be wonderful. I think they might be something you have to book way in advance, more so than the cabanas at the CR and GF (we miss them at the Poly, but at least they have the pool side patios now). Unfortunately our stay is in June, so they won't help us and the construction of them might be an annoyance at the pool during this trip :(. Oh well.

I think the cabanas are a great idea as well. We'll also be there in June so won't get to take advantage this year! Construction starts mid-August so it won't affect you.

As @Wood Nymph stated, Standard View rooms at the BC will be parking lot or roof. view They are not good views, that is what you booked. But it is still a great resort. My vacation would be better if I set my expectations realistically and I wasn't disappointed when I arrived

No, no ground floor Standard View rooms at the BC

I didn’t book it outright. I was originally booked at AKL and switched to BC garden view. I expressed in an email if anything could be done to lessen the cost and offered standard view. I agreed not really looking up beforehand how they are so when I saw some pictures and was using touring plans I was a little stressed thinking I made a bad choice switching to standard.

Does anyone know where they read the information about the construction at BC?

I didn’t book it outright. I was originally booked at AKL and switched to BC garden view. I expressed in an email if anything could be done to lessen the cost and offered standard view. I agreed not really looking up beforehand how they are so when I saw some pictures and was using touring plans I was a little stressed thinking I made a bad choice switching to standard.

Does anyone know where they read the information about the construction at BC?
I understand you didn’t book it initially. But you offered that choice, without researching, to cut costs. Is a view that important to you? If it is, is it too late to book Garden View?
The renovation/Construction is completely. Are you talking about possible cabana? As far as I know it is rumor

What's this about bridge repair? Is the bridge between YC/Swolphin and the boardwalk closed? For how long?

Sorry, I looked in the first post and didn't see a construction notice, but someone mentioned that the bridge was closed?

Yes, definitely my bad. I need to find the info and get it to the first page!

I understand you didn’t book it initially. But you offered that choice, without researching, to cut costs. Is a view that important to you? If it is, is it too late to book Garden View?
The renovation/Construction is completely. Are you talking about possible cabana? As far as I know it is rumor

I think I’m just getting myself worked up. It will be the first time me and my boyfriend stayed in a deluxe and he isn’t as “in love” with Disney as I am so in some way I think I am stressing because I want him to like it. With the AKL pool rehab throwing our plans for a loop it took a lot for me to convince him to stay on property. With trying to save money and be practical and also hoping that we will like this resort as much as I loved staying at AKL I think that’s why I got so worried that I made a bad choice. Sorry to seem so frantic.

And yes the cabanas, someone posted both here and in the AKL thread that they read it was confirmed but no one else mentioned it really or provided sources. I’m hoping it’s not true!

I think I’m just getting myself worked up. It will be the first time me and my boyfriend stayed in a deluxe and he isn’t as “in love” with Disney as I am so in some way I think I am stressing because I want him to like it. With the AKL pool rehab throwing our plans for a loop it took a lot for me to convince him to stay on property. With trying to save money and be practical and also hoping that we will like this resort as much as I loved staying at AKL I think that’s why I got so worried that I made a bad choice. Sorry to seem so frantic.

And yes the cabanas, someone posted both here and in the AKL thread that they read it was confirmed but no one else mentioned it really or provided sources. I’m hoping it’s not true!
I’d see if you can switch back to garden view. It’s not that much more a night, or wasn’t when we stayed. Then you can relax and enjoy your stay.

What's this about bridge repair? Is the bridge between YC/Swolphin and the boardwalk closed? For how long?

Sorry, I looked in the first post and didn't see a construction notice, but someone mentioned that the bridge was closed?
The Swan & Dolphin bridge span across the Hollywood Studios (HS) canal.

Epcot boats from and to the Swan / Dolphin dock will continue to run until May 15. From May 15 until May 25 no boats will run from our resort (Swan / Dolphin). Epcot boats return on May 26. Hollywood Studios boats are NOT running until approximately June 21. (date could change).

Disney Statement:

FriendShip boat service to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be unavailable for approximately 6 weeks beginning Monday, May 7, 2018. This service connects Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with the following Disney Resort hotels:
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Bus transportation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will remain available during this downtime.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/water-transportation/

Bridges_1&2.jpg

Dave

You’ll be fine. It is a wonderful resort. The location can not be beat. The pool is wonderful. If you think it is a mistake, see if you can get a Garden View room

I’d see if you can switch back to garden view. It’s not that much more a night, or wasn’t when we stayed. Then you can relax and enjoy your stay.

Thanks both of you, I spoke it over with the boy and he reassured me that everything will be fine. With the money we saved we can spend it on a signature dinner or something else that’s a splurge. He’s more excited about the pool and walking to Epcot! So that made me feel better too. For my trip it would be an extra 200, and for a room we may not even get a full balcony or be inside much that didn’t make sense. If our view is terrible I’ll just make sure to live by that wonderful pool

The Swan & Dolphin bridge span across the Hollywood Studios (HS) canal.

Epcot boats from and to the Swan / Dolphin dock will continue to run until May 15. From May 15 until May 25 no boats will run from our resort (Swan / Dolphin). Epcot boats return on May 26. Hollywood Studios boats are NOT running until approximately June 21. (date could change).

Disney Statement:

FriendShip boat service to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be unavailable for approximately 6 weeks beginning Monday, May 7, 2018. This service connects Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with the following Disney Resort hotels:
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Bus transportation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will remain available during this downtime.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/water-transportation/

View attachment 322815

Dave
We'll stay at the Yacht Club! I said. We'll rent a Boston Whaler and drive it around! I said. I want to do the Pirate Adventure Cruise! DS said.
:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

That sounds scary!!

We were in the finale' of American Adventure when Golden Dream started playing. I said to myself, "those are either new firework audio upgrades, or it is nasty outside". Went outside, loaded up on ponchos and stayed under cover. A few of the strikes were more horizontal than vertical.

I did not see the reported strike at YC.

It's only part of the pool, like I said in the other thread. I read it has been confirmed and that people can ask their TA. Mid August into the Fall.

Who closes the best pool at Disney in August/September? Wouldn't January/February be a better time for renos?

It better be open for our October trip. DH insisted we stay at BC even though the only available discount was for BW...

Who closes the best pool at Disney in August/September? Wouldn't January/February be a better time for renos?

It better be open for our October trip. DH insisted we stay at BC even though the only available discount was for BW...
We’re staying in October for the first time at bc and the main reason is for the pool.

That sounds perfect!!! I hesitate to ask an exact room, but I"m wondering if that was near the lobby? That way, if I request ground floor, close to lobby we may be put in the same vicinity? Or would you say it was close to the elevator or a different location I should request?

Yep, if you request ground floor, close to the lobby - you should be good to go!! Hope it works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter