Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is anyone out there now had any experience with the bus to HS due to the friendship boats being down? How long does it take/does it pick up any other hotels? Is it quicker to walk?
Thanks.

Just got home and the bridge work began our 2nd day there. We just walked...it was hot later in the afternoon, but kinda nice early am or evening. Took maybe 15 minutes. We didn’t bother with the buses because by the time you walk over to them, you’re already on your way to the path so it just seemed more annoying than anything.

So great to hear! We are huge YC fans and I can't wait to see the refurbishment! Q regarding your room.. were you near the lobby if you were around the corner from the market? I think I'd like to be near the market so my son can run and grab snacks if he needs to without getting lost going back to the room. Thanks!

So our exact room was 1096. I am not usually a fan of having people above us (was especially worried with the hard floors!) but it was great, no problem with noise at all! We loved it for the same reason as you with the kiddos! Plus, we literally walked out our door and would take a quick swim in the pretty much empty quiet pool which the kids also loved!

Page 1198
Any luck?

We have also had no luck for our week long end of October (23-30) stay either - we are actually going to have to do a split stay for the first time ever as there’s a night (Oct 25th) that’s currently, and has been for weeks now, showing no availability.

We’ll still be there at our beloved BC from the 26-30 but for the first half of our stay we will likely be at Poly or another resort that we’re trying to finalize. We have our TA keeping an eye on availability but she said right now there’s still nothing due to that Thursday.

We have also had no luck for our week long end of October (23-30) stay either - we are actually going to have to do a split stay for the first time ever as there’s a night (Oct 25th) that’s currently, and has been for weeks now, showing no availability.

We’ll still be there at our beloved BC from the 26-30 but for the first half of our stay we will likely be at Poly or another resort that we’re trying to finalize. We have our TA keeping an eye on availability but she said right now there’s still nothing due to that Thursday.
We're doing Pop Oct 23-26 and BC Oct 26-30.

I am a little stressed. I was switched from a Garden view to a Standard view to save some money but looking at touring plans room request tool (Not picking a specific number just looking to see where the rooms are situated) and it only shows about 10 rooms with full balconies and all the views are pretty much terrible. Now I'm worried not only will my chances of getting a full balcony be non existent but it wouldn't matter because the view will be terrible. Is touring plans accurate with the layout of the rooms and how many are there in each category??

So our exact room was 1096. I am not usually a fan of having people above us (was especially worried with the hard floors!) but it was great, no problem with noise at all! We loved it for the same reason as you with the kiddos! Plus, we literally walked out our door and would take a quick swim in the pretty much empty quiet pool which the kids also loved!

That sounds perfect!!! I hesitate to ask an exact room, but I"m wondering if that was near the lobby? That way, if I request ground floor, close to lobby we may be put in the same vicinity? Or would you say it was close to the elevator or a different location I should request?

Has anyone heard anything about Stormalong Bay closing to add cabanas? Someone mentioned it on another thread.

It's only part of the pool, like I said in the other thread. I read it has been confirmed and that people can ask their TA. Mid August into the Fall.

Has anyone heard anything about Stormalong Bay closing to add cabanas? Someone mentioned it on another thread.

It's only part of the pool, like I said in the other thread. I read it has been confirmed and that people can ask their TA. Mid August into the Fall.

Cabanas will be great, I often wondered why they didn't have them at this resort. It's a pool people want to spend a lot of time at, a cabana with guaranteed shade and space would be wonderful. I think they might be something you have to book way in advance, more so than the cabanas at the CR and GF (we miss them at the Poly, but at least they have the pool side patios now). Unfortunately our stay is in June, so they won't help us and the construction of them might be an annoyance at the pool during this trip :(. Oh well.

I am a little stressed. I was switched from a Garden view to a Standard view to save some money but looking at touring plans room request tool (Not picking a specific number just looking to see where the rooms are situated) and it only shows about 10 rooms with full balconies and all the views are pretty much terrible. Now I'm worried not only will my chances of getting a full balcony be non existent but it wouldn't matter because the view will be terrible. Is touring plans accurate with the layout of the rooms and how many are there in each category??
We booked a Standard room. Our thought is we will be saving money and won't be in our room that much anyway.

The Disney website lists the standard view room as having a view of parking lots or rooftops, although it is more rooftops and less parking lots at the BC. Approximately 50% of the standard view rooms have full balconies. Most of the rooms with the full balconies are on the third floor and are just above the roof. Most of the standing balcony rooms are on the fourth floor and have a little better view. There are a few standard view rooms in other locations but the majority are on the third and fourth floors above the restaurant section of the Beach Club. The nice thing about them is that they are closer to the lobby than many of the garden view rooms. The irony is that many of the club level rooms are located right above these standard view rooms, so they can't be too terrible, can they?

We have booked the standard view rooms to save money and we like the rooms that face toward Crescent Lake rather than the rooms that face the parking lot side of the resort.

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

Last edited:
The Disney website lists the standard view room as having a view of parking lots or rooftops, although it is more rooftops and less parking lots at the BC. Approximately 50% of the standard view rooms have full balconies. Most of the rooms with the full balconies are on the third floor and are just above the roof. Most of the standing balcony rooms are on the fourth floor and have a little better view. There are a few standard view rooms in other locations but the majority are on the third and fourth floors above the restaurant section of the Beach Club. The nice thing about them is that they are closer to the lobby than many of the garden view rooms. The irony is that many of the club level rooms are located right above these standard view rooms, so they can't be too terrible, can they?

We have booked the standard view rooms to save money and we like the rooms that face toward Crescent Lake rather than the rooms that face the parking lot side of the resort.

View attachment 322791

View attachment 322792

Thank you for this helpful map, this makes me feel a little better for switching to standard. I think overall I’m just flustered with my vacation.

I switched from AKL to BC because of a pool refurb, And as I start to feel excited again I get worried about other things. Like room views and locations and balconies. And now the possibility of part of SAB closing for cabana additions. It’s making me crazy!

We have a standard room booked at BC for August. Can anyone tell me if there are any ground floor/patio rooms in this category?

Any more info on possible pool closure for Aug? DRC has no info and they called YC who knew of none. Thanks

just booked a YC stay for two weeks or so from now ... should i expect NOT to be able to take boat to HS ? and do all YC rooms have Keurigs?
:thanks:

Thank you for this helpful map, this makes me feel a little better for switching to standard. I think overall I’m just flustered with my vacation.

I switched from AKL to BC because of a pool refurb, And as I start to feel excited again I get worried about other things. Like room views and locations and balconies. And now the possibility of part of SAB closing for cabana additions. It’s making me crazy!
As @Wood Nymph stated, Standard View rooms at the BC will be parking lot or roof. view They are not good views, that is what you booked. But it is still a great resort. My vacation would be better if I set my expectations realistically and I wasn't disappointed when I arrived

We have a standard room booked at BC for August. Can anyone tell me if there are any ground floor/patio rooms in this category?
No, no ground floor Standard View rooms at the BC

What's this about bridge repair? Is the bridge between YC/Swolphin and the boardwalk closed? For how long?

Sorry, I looked in the first post and didn't see a construction notice, but someone mentioned that the bridge was closed?

We just returned home on Sunday from a weeklong stay at YC. Last year we stayed at BC and LOVED it so I was a little worried too, but we moved our reservation over because of a discount as well.

It’s definitley a less crazy, quieter feel in the lobby. BC gets the edge in vibe and colors. That said, my biggest gripe about BC rooms are the lack of any space to put your stuff. The refurb YC rooms are amazing!!! There is SO much space - we didn’t even fill all the cubbies! It was so nice to have the four of us in there comfortably and not tripping over all our stuff. The hard floor, the bathroom - everything was great. The staff was always really nice. No complaints at all from me. I can’t comment on the Kings because we needed 2 queens, but we did not make any requests and ended up with a ground floor room facing the quiet pool and around the corner from the market. If I stayed again, I would want the same location. The Ale & Compass Market was nice and had everything we needed (my kids loved the Coke Freestyle machines). And most importantly, SAB is still the pool!

Like I said, it’s not as “fun and relaxed” in its theming but it’s great and you won’t be disappointed at all. Have a great trip!

Sounds amazing! We are staying at the YC Sept 16-21; its our first time at an Epcot resort. It made sense for us since we are going for F&W. Its just DH and I, so the "less crazy, quiet feel" will work for us. I'm really excited about the pool as well, since we generally do Disney at a slower pace nowadays, and will have some downtime.

Coming out from lurking to say hi! We're staying at BC from Dec 7-14. We've never been to BC and are super excited! We have a water view booked because it was all that was available. I'm trying to figure out what area is the quietest and darkest (I read a thread somewhere about the pool lights being very bright at night). I think Touring Plans room data is out of date and not complete so that isn't helping me much. I'm thinking a Lake view would be better than a pool view, so I may request that.

We're really looking forward to swimming, hopefully the Dec weather will cooperate!

What's this about bridge repair? Is the bridge between YC/Swolphin and the boardwalk closed? For how long?

Sorry, I looked in the first post and didn't see a construction notice, but someone mentioned that the bridge was closed?

Took this from another Disney site:
  • May 7 through Mid-Summer 2018: Refurbishment work is taking place on the bridge near the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels. As a result, there will be no FriendShip boat service to or from Disney's Hollywood Studios during this time. Service to and from Epcot and Disney's Boardwalk Resort will not be interrupted, with the exception of May 14-25, during which time the FriendShip boat dock at these hotels will also be undergoing refurbishment work. Additional Disney bus transportation will be operating to and from both Hollywood Studios and Epcot during this time. The pedestrian walkway across the bridge will remain open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter