• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm no expert, but we have enjoyed all the views we have had when booked in garden/woods view. Personally I would make a full balcony my only request. With the shrubs out front of the patio, I don't feel ground floor is more convenient.
How are we making requests? Is there options when you do pre-check in?

Question, do all rooms at Yacht Club have sleeping for 5? Or do you have to request a cot/sleeper? if so when do you make that request?
Thank You

Question, do all rooms at Yacht Club have sleeping for 5? Or do you have to request a cot/sleeper? if so when do you make that request?
Thank You

Not all of the rooms have the pullout daybed for the 5th person.

If you have 5 people in your travelling party (all over age 3), then you will be given priority for a room with a daybed. In the rare circumstance when a room with a daybed is not available when a party of 5 checks in, they will be given a rollaway cot.

If there are fewer than 5 people assigned to your room, it is best to request a room with a daybed. If you have 5 (or more), I don't think you have to request one, but it doesn't hurt.

:goodvibes

Not all of the rooms have the pullout daybed for the 5th person.

If you have 5 people in your travelling party (all over age 3), then you will be given priority for a room with a daybed. In the rare circumstance when a room with a daybed is not available when a party of 5 checks in, they will be given a rollaway cot.

If there are fewer than 5 people assigned to your room, it is best to request a room with a daybed. If you have 5 (or more), I don't think you have to request one, but it doesn't hurt.

:goodvibes

Thanks Dee

Need some advice from those who have stayed at both YC and BC. We have stayed at BC and currently are booked for 10 days at YC in May. I’m having 2nd thoughts due to the dog policy. We are booked in a garden view and I understand that gv rooms are dog friendly. I have spoken to guest relations and they are willing to try and secure a room at BC for me in a gv with a similar rate (as of right now there are no gv available at BC for the promotional rate.) If I ageee to move, what am I giving up at YC for BC? BC is lovely, and the location is what we love the most. Do you think I am sacrificing anything by making the switch? TIA

Need some advice from those who have stayed at both YC and BC. We have stayed at BC and currently are booked for 10 days at YC in May. I’m having 2nd thoughts due to the dog policy. We are booked in a garden view and I understand that gv rooms are dog friendly. I have spoken to guest relations and they are willing to try and secure a room at BC for me in a gv with a similar rate (as of right now there are no gv available at BC for the promotional rate.) If I ageee to move, what am I giving up at YC for BC? BC is lovely, and the location is what we love the most. Do you think I am sacrificing anything by making the switch? TIA

I don't think you're giving up anything, except a more likely chance of a full balcony. You are right beside the YC and can easily enjoy all the dining and you have access to SAB. While we enjoyed YC, we much prefer BC. We had noise issues at YC and I really like the decor and atmosphere of BC more.

I don't think you're giving up anything, except a more likely chance of a full balcony. You are right beside the YC and can easily enjoy all the dining and you have access to SAB. While we enjoyed YC, we much prefer BC. We had noise issues at YC and I really like the decor and atmosphere of BC more.
Thank you! The balcony is a bit of a concern. At BC we had a Juliet balcony. I’m from the Midwest so any chance to sit out on the balcony/patio and enjoy the surroundings is a plus. I would just put it as my 1st request.

Thank you! The balcony is a bit of a concern. At BC we had a Juliet balcony. I’m from the Midwest so any chance to sit out on the balcony/patio and enjoy the surroundings is a plus. I would just put it as my 1st request.

Yes, we really want a full balcony also. I always put it as my 1st request, and I've gotten it each time (3 trips so far - one trip we were actually moved after 2 nights and got it in the 2nd room as well). If you get assigned a room without one, it's always worth asking if they can put you in another room.

So, we we're at the Yacht Club lest weekend. Awesome trip. I've never stayed on the boardwalk before, and I have to say I'm a convert! Hoping to score some good deals in the future! :)

We had room 3089. We had faxed in a request to be on the boardwalk side, and not on the first floor. Either the saw our text or it was an awesome coincidence! Anyhow, I'll post outview as soon as I can get the files uploaded.

Everyone was very friendly and the resort is awesome. One thing I found really strange though. There were 4 of us staying in the room for 3 nights. Housekeeping did not give ANY new toiletries past what was originally in the room. I had to go get some shampoo from a cart one of the says so we could shower! Anybody else run into that?

So, we we're at the Yacht Club lest weekend. Awesome trip. I've never stayed on the boardwalk before, and I have to say I'm a convert! Hoping to score some good deals in the future! :)

We had room 3089. We had faxed in a request to be on the boardwalk side, and not on the first floor. Either the saw our text or it was an awesome coincidence! Anyhow, I'll post outview as soon as I can get the files uploaded.

Everyone was very friendly and the resort is awesome. One thing I found really strange though. There were 4 of us staying in the room for 3 nights. Housekeeping did not give ANY new toiletries past what was originally in the room. I had to go get some shampoo from a cart one of the says so we could shower! Anybody else run into that?

HEY! We’re in 3089 right now! Super funny!

It’s pretty great for garden view. If you sit on the left side(facing out) you could see plenty of water. And I’m watching the tops of fireworks from Epcot as we speak!

That IS funny! We loved that room (3089) Connecting door was a little noisy, but otherwise perfect. It does have a Murphy bed (for those interested).
Enjoy your time!

Attachments

• Resized_20180120_083908_1323.jpeg
    Resized_20180120_083908_1323.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Resized_20180126_183957_7791.jpeg
    Resized_20180126_183957_7791.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 46
I had thought that I had left behind something in our BC resort room when we checked out on Wednesday. I contacted resort guests services and received the phone number for Beach Club Lost and Found. Here is what they said in the email:

Please contact Disney's Beach Club Resort Lost & Found Department at (407) 934-1493. Our Cast Members will be happy to check our records and assist you with completing a lost article report.

I decided to check our "empty" luggage one more time before calling lost and found and I was very surprised to find my missing article in one of the suitcases. But at least now I know who to contact if I really do leave something behind. :)

Hi all! Have the Crew's Cup Lounge hours changed? I was hoping to grab something there for lunch, but now I only see hours starting at 4:30 pm. Thanks for your help!

Hi all! Have the Crew's Cup Lounge hours changed? I was hoping to grab something there for lunch, but now I only see hours starting at 4:30 pm. Thanks for your help!
Yes, the lounge does not open until 4:30 p.m. and no longer serves lunch. The menu no longer offers burgers or sandwiches, either.

The changes were made when the Ale & Compass Restaurant and lounge opened last year.

Yes, the lounge does not open until 4:30 p.m. and no longer serves lunch. The menu no longer offers burgers or sandwiches, either.

The changes were made when the Ale & Compass Restaurant and lounge opened last year.

I figured that’s when the changes happened. Thank you! Hoping to check out A&C Lounge in March. Enjoyed breakfast there in December.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times. Feel free to point me towards a post if there is one. We have a standard room booked. Any suggestions for room requests I should make that would give me a "nicer" standard room?

We had three rooms and were lucky enough to have them all next to one another. We had 2610, 2612 and 2614. We overlooked the courtyard between BC and BCV. While the roof of the walkway was just beyond our balconies--all were full balconies and the views were not bad in the whole scheme of things. Rooms 2612 and 2614 were connecting, but 2610 did not have a connecting door.

upload_2018-1-27_15-26-1.jpeg

Wish I had a picture from the balcony, but honestly it was so hot while we were there that we spent very little time outside. The views from 2610 and 2614 were nearly the same.

The rooms were very conveniently located to the lobby (one floor above) which provided easy access to Marketplace, the front and rear entrances, and a reasonable walk to either the leisure pool or Stormalong.

Last edited:
I had thought that I had left behind something in our BC resort room when we checked out on Wednesday. I contacted resort guests services and received the phone number for Beach Club Lost and Found. Here is what they said in the email:

Please contact Disney's Beach Club Resort Lost & Found Department at (407) 934-1493. Our Cast Members will be happy to check our records and assist you with completing a lost article report.

I decided to check our "empty" luggage one more time before calling lost and found and I was very surprised to find my missing article in one of the suitcases. But at least now I know who to contact if I really do leave something behind. :)

I’m a bit embarrassed to post this, but several years ago I left an entire drawer of Fila shirts and didn’t realize until I’d been home several days. When I realized the tops weren’t in my closet, I couldn’t figure out what I had done with them. :confused3

As a last resort I called BC, got transferred to Lost & Found and they had them! :blush: I gave them my mailing information and they boxed up the shirts and mailed them to me at their expense. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter