• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

In all my plannng I do not know how I missed this thread. We will be staying at Yacht club for the first time in 15 days!!! 2/7-2/17. I am trying to read through this thread looking for tips or advice.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

The Cliffs Notes- best info on this thread- can be found on Page 1, mostly Post 1 (Intro), Post 13 FAQ and Post 14 Other Useful Info. Post 9 if you want YC specific info.

If you have specific questions, ask away here, or use the search function to see if your answer is somewhere on this vast thread.

:goodvibes

Tell me what you love about the Beach Club! We currently have a reservation for AOA for my family of four. It will be my husband, myself, 21 year old son, and 18 year old daughter. I chose AOA for the room and extra bathroom, but love the location of the Beach Club. We ate at Cape May Café for breakfast. It is so pretty there! Never stayed in a deluxe. Is the pull out bed big enough for an adult?

The sofa bed is pretty small, but a small adult would probably be ok.

The BC was our first deluxe stay (as adults, I stayed at WL once when I was 12 so I don't really count that since I don't remember much). It spoiled us. We've also stayed at YC, AKL, GF, and Poly - while we've love things about all of those BC is still our favorite. We love the location, the relaxing atmosphere, the views, the theme, and probably most of all - the pool! Epcot is our favorite park so being so close is wonderful. There are also a lot of great food options in the area.

Last edited:
I posted our experience with a puppy on Monday night. Here is the link to it.

We are currently staying at the Beach Club right now and we saw a family with a very young brown Labrador puppy walking along the walkway next to the Yacht Club around 5pm Monday night. We saw that same family with the puppy around 8pm that night in front of the Beach Club. The puppy was on a leash but the family was letting that puppy right all around the area in front of the lake side entrance to the Beach Club. We even saw the puppy run into the legs of a man walking toward the resort, causing him to trip a little. There were people all around this entry area and that family should not have been running the dog around the area.

For those you have asked - the pool hours at Storm Along Bay right now are 10 am to 8 pm.

We are going home today. It has been a nice, short stay. We got very lucky with the weather on this trip. I spent a lovely afternoon at the pool yesterday and the weather could not have been nicer. :)

We'll be back at the Beach Club in June with some of our family. We know our two grandsons, age 12 and 14 at the time, will love SAB. :) They were age 3 and 7 months when they last stayed here and for some reason, they don't seem to remember it. ;)

Tell me what you love about the Beach Club! We currently have a reservation for AOA for my family of four. It will be my husband, myself, 21 year old son, and 18 year old daughter. I chose AOA for the room and extra bathroom, but love the location of the Beach Club. We ate at Cape May Café for breakfast. It is so pretty there! Never stayed in a deluxe. Is the pull out bed big enough for an adult?
I am thinking about upgrading to the Yacht Club too. I love balconies!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times. Feel free to point me towards a post if there is one. We have a standard room booked. Any suggestions for room requests I should make that would give me a "nicer" standard room?

Page 1137-1138

Thank you. i'll be there March 2-9 -- not soon enough!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

My bad :oops: My sister and I will be spending the night of 2/25 during the PHM. Sorry, I never put the actual date!:headache: Thank you for adding me to the list!!!

Thanks for the clarification.

:cheer2:

Dee, you can add Jim and me to the list for Sept. 28-Oct. 5 . We are going with my son and his family for their fall break. They are also bringing along friends of theirs. They just love showing friends the Beach Club and the parks, as long as mom comes along with her cast discount! Staying club level with them.

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

We are staying at Beach Club Villas September 10-14th! We are celebrating my 70th birthday! Please add us to the Be Our Guest List! Thank you!

:welcome:

What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

I love the proximity of the Beach Club (and Yacht Club) to EPCOT and the ease of getting to Hollywood Studios.

Please let us know if you end up switching your reservation.

::yes::

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times. Feel free to point me towards a post if there is one. We have a standard room booked. Any suggestions for room requests I should make that would give me a "nicer" standard room?

This is a hard question to answer since having a "nice" standard view can mean different things to different people.

To me, at the Beach Club, a nice standard view room would be one with a full balcony, so that is what I request.

Your choices for standard rooms are overlooking the front entrance parking lot or overlooking rooftops. I once had a standard (club level) room that faced the front entrance and I could see the fireworks from MK off in the distance. That is nice. A couple of the upper SV rooms may have a glimpse of Spaceship Earth.

My best advice to you is to find the Beach Club Room Views thread (On the Community Resort subforum) and look at a sample of views from standard view rooms.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

This is a hard question to answer since having a "nice" standard view can mean different things to different people.

To me, at the Beach Club, a nice standard view room would be one with a full balcony, so that is what I request.

Your choices for standard rooms are overlooking the front entrance parking lot or overlooking rooftops. I once had a standard (club level) room that faced the front entrance and I could see the fireworks from MK off in the distance. That is nice. A couple of the upper SV rooms may have a glimpse of Spaceship Earth.

My best advice to you is to find the Beach Club Room Views thread (On the Community Resort subforum) and look at a sample of views from standard view rooms.

:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Thanks, natebenma. I guess what I'm hoping to avoid is a view of the rooftops. Front entrance parking lot, not so bad. I know it's a standard view and beggars can't be choosers. I didn't know if there were key words to use, like close to lobby, near an elevator, anything like that. I'm sure I'll probably just take my chances.

Thanks, natebenma. I guess what I'm hoping to avoid is a view of the rooftops. Front entrance parking lot, not so bad. I know it's a standard view and beggars can't be choosers. I didn't know if there were key words to use, like close to lobby, near an elevator, anything like that. I'm sure I'll probably just take my chances.

Overlooking front entrance has always worked for us to avoid the rooftops.

Overlooking front entrance has always worked for us to avoid the rooftops.
Caution if you are not familiar with BC. This is really a nice area and a great view but you may have to put up with some bus traffic and people talking as they come and go. It's not too bad, except for the occasional beeping of the truck as it backs in to pick up and drop off bags.
Katesdad.

We had standard view a Beach Club that overlooked the entry. Not the best view but much better than a rooftop. The thing I disliked was our balcony was tiny, standing room only.

I have a very rookie question, I apologize, I did a search and got many many hits but no obvious answer.

When should I expect my DME luggage tags to arrive? I’m 30 days out...

Thanks guys :teeth:

I have a very rookie question, I apologize, I did a search and got many many hits but no obvious answer.

When should I expect my DME luggage tags to arrive? I’m 30 days out...

Thanks guys :teeth:
The tags are probably on their way. If you want to confirm, you can contact Magical Express directly, at 866-599-0951.

Thank you to those who commented on my "standard" view question. I'm not opposed to a little bus noise. I'd rather have that than look at an ugly roof. Again, standard view, I know I can't be picky, but will definitely ask for a view of front entrance!

Ok Beach club experts I am overwhelmed. We are staying in a garden/woods view room with our 4 young kids(7,4,2, baby) in February. What room requests if any should I make? Is ground floor more convenient? Is a large balcony a better choice for the view? I anticipate the DH and I may want the space of the balcony or patio to sit once the kiddos are sleeping

Ok Beach club experts I am overwhelmed. We are staying in a garden/woods view room with our 4 young kids(7,4,2, baby) in February. What room requests if any should I make? Is ground floor more convenient? Is a large balcony a better choice for the view? I anticipate the DH and I may want the space of the balcony or patio to sit once the kiddos are sleeping

I'm no expert, but we have enjoyed all the views we have had when booked in garden/woods view. Personally I would make a full balcony my only request. With the shrubs out front of the patio, I don't feel ground floor is more convenient.

Hi all!! Question for all the experts out there, does the Yacht Club do anything special for Easter? What characters come out and where? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!! :):flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter