Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Teena: How was your first day standing all day after the teeth issues? Hope you didn't swell up again?

I did really good. A little swollen but only pain is the "pin cushion" type pain from all the shots. The actual root canals feel great. Counting down the days until next Tuesday when Jeanne arrives and then the next day off to Europe.

This is great news!!!

Is it bad that we are counting down with you??? Our own Virtual trip to Europe!!!!!

:offtopic:
Just a bit off topic, but wanted to report that I was able to coordinate with another DIS forum member (I think she's also on the BC/YC one: LUVPOOH) to snag a BOG reservation she was cancelling over on the http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-guidelines-october-cancelled-adr-thread-read-1st-post forum...really worked slick. She posted that she was going to release her time slot and if someone wanted to coordinate, to contact her. I did, and was waiting on the BOG reservation page for it, and it appeared just as she canceled, I grabbed it, and voila! It's just the time I was looking for!

I also had the DisneyDiningBuddy searching for that time, and this cancel/reserve transaction happened so fast, that I never even got a notification from DDB about the opening.

This is great confirmation that cancelled times are released back into the system immediately. So if you are looking for a "hard to get" reservation, keep an eye on that forum (or the one for your month).....

:thanks:Thanks again, Luvpooh!

~Jeanne

We were just saying last night we wished you were going to be there the same time this year too!!!!! Switch!!!! Please!!!!!!

We actually seriously considered it given the state of the view of the GV CL rooms at Poly - but we got such a "magical" deal there that we just can't move over. :-( We have tea booked (DD4 and me) for July 3rd (after BBB) and 1900 Park Fare dinner on July 2 to get our GF fix.

I so enjoyed spending time with you and your hubby yesterday and hope I see you today. I'm so sorry about your daughter's friends. And I'm not totally sure about the time but Crews Cup Lounge I believe is open to later and they have some fantastic food!! Not sure what time they stop serving food though. I will try to find out today.

My daughter went through a similar thing with her friends when she was a junior in high school. It really hit her hard and I was very concerned for a few months. Her whole personality changed ... I think kids that age don't realize that they aren't invincible. So when something like that happens, their whole world changes and all of a sudden they realize that life can be over so fast ... it is very scary!!!

We did go to Crews Cup (they are open later), but they only had a burger and a tomato and cheese sandwich on the menu as well as two more expensive entrees ($21-$22), but nothing that would appease DD11's grilled chicken sandwich craving! She would've settled for chicken nuggets somewhere, but there were none to be found. Most people don't eat as late as we do anyway, but it's definitely something to consider for those who do. McDonald's turned out to be a great option since we all ate for $18. We have 'Ohana tonight followed by Cali Grill, Akershus, a night off, and Garden Grill...so we will remember to eat earlier on our other free night!

As for DD16, it's been really hard for her. She didn't like finding out by text and Twitter exploding. She cried a lot yesterday. The hardest part for her is that they died because the guy was drunk...at 6:30 am...and was a repeat offender. Two guys from another school died in a car accident a couple of months ago, but they had been drinking. It's more difficult for her to accept since her friends didn't make a bad choice but paid for someone else's....heck, it's difficult for me too (or any parent). It would have helped her if she could have been at the memorial service last night at the school...they released balloons in honor of the girls who died.

Anyway, enough sadness! I can't think of a better place to be right now to escape reality! The concierge (I think she is the manager up here in CL? Her name is Leslie) gave us a fast pass to be used for any ride at any park today or tomorrow since we lost some fast passes yesterday due to the circumstances. She was very kind and compassionate! She said to let them know if there was anything else they could do for DD16. They did get us some turn down chocolates since we had missed it:)

Inquiring minds wanted to know:

Ship Shape Salon and Fitness Center.

At Ship Shape, we currently offer several massage services, facial options as well as manicure and pedicure services. We currently are not offering Disney Nail Art in our Salon locations. However, we do offer Signature Nail Art in our full service spa locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa as well as Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa (pricing available upon request).

The Massages that are offered in our Fitness Center location are as follows; 50/80 minute Massage for Two ($230/$350), 50/80 minute Custom Firm Pressure Massage ($125/$180), 25/50/80 minute Swedish Massage ($60/$115/$175). Pricing is respective to the duration of massage.

The Facials that are offered in our Fitness Center location are as follows; 25 minute Cleansing Facial ($60), or 50 minute Rejuvenating Citrus Facial ($125).

The Nail services offered in our Fitness Center Salon location are as follows; 45 minute Pedicure ($55), or 45 minute Manicure ($35).

Please note that all pricing for services does not reflect gratuity. Upon booking we add a 20% gratuity for the technical Cast Members providing services.

Dispro1- I know some of what your daughter is going through. When I was 16, a friend and schoolmate was killed by a drunk driver. I found out in a newspaper article the next morning.That was 37 years ago and I still honor my friend by encouraging others to have designated drivers. Actually the only time I feel comfortable drinking is when on vacation where I know I won't be driving. She will feel sad for a while, and the balloons are a wonderful idea. Please give her an extra hug from me. You can never have too many hugs.
Sarah

Hugs and prayers to your daughter and the families. My DH's brother was killed by a drunk driver in the middle of the day in 1998 :-(

We checked in yesterday at BC and spent the day and part of the evening at SAB. We walked over to watch illuminations at 9pm, and it was awesome. However, we didn't realize how limited food options are after 9pm since HH closes at 9pm. DD11 HAD to have a grilled chicken sandwich, and since the room service one was $16.99 and none of our party of four had eaten, we drove to McDonald's. The good news is that the one on property is only five minutes from the BC parking lot! So if you have a car, remember that McDonald's is a late night option, if not, plan better than we did. We don't usually eat that late, but evidently, even a free night takes planning- lol. We met Teena this morning, and she is an awesome person! She is living the dream:) She was even able to give me an DH a tour of the Nantucket suite since it was unoccupied! It is gorgeous!! If it's available when we can come back, it's sold (without kids since it only sleeps 2)! I got some pics if anyone is interested, although they don't do the room justice since it's incredible! It was a pleasure meeting Teena:)

Off topic, on our way to MK, my DD16 got a text from a friend that two girls that she knows from school were killed in a car accident at 6:30am this morning. A grandma of one of four girls was driving them to Florida, and they were hit by a drunk driver. The guy had three prior DUIs! One of the other girls was in critical condition but is now stable. I am just so hurt and ANGRY! This has been a really tough day, particularly for my daughter, so I can't even imagine what those families are going through right now! I guess I am only telling you all this so you will hug your babies and your loved ones, and cherish every minute because you never know! On a brighter note, although DD16 wasn't up to much park time, the pool and hot tubs at SAB are great for spending some quality time!
Pics??? Of course we want pics! :) SAB and Iluminations BEST DAY EVER! I hope to catch Teena in August as well :)

Sorry to hear about the accident, and I agree to always cherish every moment. Always :hug:

Dispro1. I am so sorry for your daughters loss. Hopefully the balloon release will help and she can enjoy her vacation

@Dispro1 Hugs from us, too...and another to Leslie, the CM who gave you the FP and I'm assuming the balloons! That is just awesome, wonderful, uplifting stuff. CMs who go the extra mile are the best! I'm sure you made a positive impression on Leslie from the get go...sad you had the difficult experience, but happy that a wonderful CM is making things better for your family.

Found our mugs, too!! They look great!

4 more days until we drive to Florida...and here is a little tip that I teach all of the drivers in our family: I read somewhere a while back that a good percentage of drunk driving accidents happen at intersections where the drunk driver runs a light. When driving very late at night or early in the morning there is a good chance you may be stopped at an intersection waiting for the green light. ALWAYS look both ways before entering the intersection to make sure no one is running the red light...don't just gun it because you got the green light. This goes for anytime of the day. I have avoided at least two accidents this way...out in LA where lots of peeps run red lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter