Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stayed at the Yacht Club last November. Absolutely loved it! We had booked a Garden view room but were upgraded to a lagoon view room which we loved. We are planning on going back next year and want to book the lagoon view this time.

I noticed when I was looking online that the quiet pool is considered part of the lagoon view category. Is that right? My only request when we booked last time was that we be close to the lobby. That would be our same request next year as well but I'm thinking if there's a chance we might end up by the quiet pool maybe I shouldn't pay the extra for the lagoon view?

Any thoughts?

The rooms overlooking the YC quiet pool are not included in the water view category. However, the BC quiet pool rooms are. True these rooms are not close to the lobby, however, some of our favorite rooms have been upper floor water view rooms at the BC overlooking the quiet pool.

Thank you HockeyMomR for the reply. It must be a misprint on the Disney site. I was pretty surprised when I saw the quiet pool listed as a possible view for the lagoon view category!

When we were there with Lily ... she was about 23 months and magic bands were in full force, she had to have one to get in. We put it on her ankle and told her if she took it off, we had to go home. That worked and still works. She knows the whole time she is at Disney, if she takes off the magic band, we leave immediately. It's Mickey's rules.

P.S. If a child gets separated from their parents, a CM can pull up your reservation information from the magic band and obtain a cell phone number, etc. That's my main reason for making Lily always keep it on. We all sleep with them, shower with them, swim with them. Once we check-in, they never come off until we get home and then I have to tell Lily that Mickey says we are home and it's ok to take it off. I would be extremely uncomfortable leaving a magic band unattended although without the pin number, it is really harmless.
I am really happy about the bands providing a way to contact us if we get separated from the kids somehow. I read about that a while back and thought, genius!!

2. I believe all floors (except ground floor) are applicable for a full balcony request, although I think that some of the floors have very few full balconies (is it the 3rd floor? not sure)

One could request "Full balcony or patio" if the floor doesn't matter.
This is correct. All of the floors have some full balconies, but the third floor seems to have the least number of them. That is why I became very nervous when I received the text that said we had room 3565. I knew the 3rd floor had the fewest full balconies, and my only request was a full balcony. Sure enough, when we got to the BC we had a standing balcony. What I didn't know until we walked into the room was that we had a corner room with a king bed. It turned out that I didn't care at all that I didn't get the full balcony. That corner room was great. :lovestruc But it was tough to receive that text with our room number and then have to wait another hour before we could see what we had gotten.

The non-club level floor that I think has the most full balconies is the second floor, although there are some second floor rooms with standing balconies.

Last edited:
Rebecca - We have a waterview room booked for our August trip. Can you tell me more about the rooms you liked by the BC quiet pool? My request so far had been full balcony, lagoon view. I'm open to suggestions for a good wv room. I'm still fighting urge to upgrade to CL room. We've never stayed in s non CL room at BC but ad the kids hot older we didn't seem to use CL as much as we did when they were younger. I'm weakening though . . .

Vouchers/Tickets IG or Front Desk?

Random packing thoughts on a quiet Sunday morning as I wonder about what transactions can be handled at the International Gateway service window versus the Front Desk (if that is the correct term) in BCV on Arrival Day. Where can I:

1) exchange vouchers for our new Annual Passes
2) exchange voucher for Memory Maker
3) pick up a Tables in Wonderland card
4) pick up and preload $ on a Epcot Food & Wine Festival gift card (the one with a wristlet attached)

Thanks!!

Vouchers/Tickets IG or Front Desk?

Random packing thoughts on a quiet Sunday morning as I wonder about what transactions can be handled at the International Gateway service window versus the Front Desk (if that is the correct term) in BCV on Arrival Day. Where can I:

1) exchange vouchers for our new Annual Passes
2) exchange voucher for Memory Maker
3) pick up a Tables in Wonderland card
4) pick up and preload $ on a Epcot Food & Wine Festival gift card (the one with a wristlet attached)

Thanks!!

You can't get your Annual Pass, the Tables in Wonderland card or the gift cards at the check in desk.

International Gateway - make sure you go to the Guest Relations booth on the left and not the ticket booth on the right and you will be able to exchange your voucher for your Annual Passes and get your Tables in Wonderland card at the same time. If you use the ticket booth on the right then you won't be able to get the Tables in Wonderland card there.

Your Memory Maker should be linked to your MDE account already. You shouldn't need to exchange a voucher. Check you voucher for instructions.

I think they sell these wristlets in the gift shops. I know I've seen them at the stores in Epcot but I would check the Marketplace, too. The first gift shop when you enter the International Gateway definitely had them last fall. :)

Robyn - we stayed in room 4547 so many years ago and loved it. It has a full balcony, non dormer room and daybed and nice view. Although, sure this view has changed just a little since 2003. :rotfl2: DS19 has also grown just a bit since this non digital picture.

BC2003.jpg

Also, not in the waterview category, but we really liked deluxe room 4557. That balcony is truly a huge bonus and we enjoyed the quiet pool view and evening fireworks view.

And the draw to CL, I totally get it.....

You can't get your Annual Pass, the Tables in Wonderland card or the gift cards at the check in desk.

International Gateway - make sure you go to the Guest Relations booth on the left and not the ticket booth on the right and you will be able to exchange your voucher for your Annual Passes and get your Tables in Wonderland card at the same time. If you use the ticket booth on the right then you won't be able to get the Tables in Wonderland card there.

Your Memory Maker should be linked to your MDE account already. You shouldn't need to exchange a voucher. Check you voucher for instructions.

I think they sell these wristlets in the gift shops. I know I've seen them at the stores in Epcot but I would check the Marketplace, too. The first gift shop when you enter the International Gateway definitely had them last fall. :)

Thanks Sue for the information especially the tip about the GR window to the left at IG. I appreciate it!!:goodvibes

We will be YC SV CL Jun 20-26. We love the BC/YC. A couple yrs ago was our first YC stay in years. Last yr we were BC CL. We sorta missed the YC side.. so I got YC when I made the ressie last week. Reburb was not on my radar....since we had said we were skipping Disney this summer...now I'm really regretting not going BC CL to get a chance to enjoy one of the newly done rooms. The pics of the YC rooms compared to the new BC rooms are sad to me.

ETA: this trip is for DS's College Graduation

Thank you for all the info and keeping this going.

Teena.. sure hope your are getting over the swelling. My jaw was sore for probably 3 weeks after my Jan 2015 root canal because it took 2 appts and for the sheer amount of time I had my mouth opened.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the current pricing of the Illuminations cruise? And about how long is the cruise? Thank you!!

Does anyone know the current pricing of the Illuminations cruise? And about how long is the cruise? Thank you!!

We booked it for August and I believe it was about $300. We did it a few years ago and it was about one hour

Rebecca - thank you sooo much! Live that room view! Is that the Ds you picked up from college this year? Wow - time does fly

We booked it for August and I believe it was about $300. We did it a few years ago and it was about one hour

Rebecca - thank you sooo much! Live that room view! Is that the Ds you picked up from college this year? Wow - time does fly

Robyn - Illuminations cruise sounds fun!

Yes, that is my younger son we had picked up and just finished his sophomore year of college. You know, time does fly!

Thanks Sue for the information especially the tip about the GR window to the left at IG. I appreciate it!!:goodvibes
We learned that tip the hard way, by going to the ticket window first and then having to go over to the guest relations window after. We could have done it all at the GR window. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter