Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are the WV rooms upgraded more so than the RV? The price difference is about $60/night and self-debating our selection.
No difference other than the view area. RV can be rough if you get a rooftop or parking lot view. With WV you can get pool, bay/lake view or both. View also of the boardwalk, skyliner in the distance and possible Epcot fireworks at night depending on which WV room you get. If you request the WV side facing the Epcot/Skyliner view area you will get the Stormalong bay/lake, Epcot towards France and Skyliner. It’s a request so you may not get that view.

What they said. After getting hit with the ugly gravel view my first time at BC I swore to pay for a view. I stayed WV my first time at YC and actually got to see the first full pyro test for Harmonious from my room one night.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3400342/post-63046307
You've given me food for thought. Do you think it's possible to wait until check-in day and, while at the front desk, see if there are any WV rooms available for our stay and get a peek at the location(s)? I don't even know if WDW resorts allow you to upgrade at the check-in desk.

You've given me food for thought. Do you think it's possible to wait until check-in day and, while at the front desk, see if there are any WV rooms available for our stay and get a peek at the location(s)? I don't even know if WDW resorts allow you to upgrade at the check-in desk.

They might, if there is a room available. But YC is often pretty fully booked, so there might not be anything to upgrade to. And from what I’ve read, you would lose any discount you booked with, the new price would be rack rate. Probably better to decide what category you want & book before arrival. If you don’t care for the location or view, you can always ask if a different room in your category is available.

They might, if there is a room available. But YC is often pretty fully booked, so there might not be anything to upgrade to. And from what I’ve read, you would lose any discount you booked with, the new price would be rack rate. Probably better to decide what category you want & book before arrival. If you don’t care for the location or view, you can always ask if a different room in your category is available.

This part. Always, always book what you are comfortable with in terms of view and price and just shoot your shot with room requests in that category. Occupancy at the deluxes is always very high. If you do ask to pay for an upgrade on check in and there's availability, it will definitely be at rack rate.

Kylenne and focusondisney are correct. I would pick what’s comfortable for you now. If it was me, a difference in price of 50-100 per day for WV is so much better than looking at a gravel roof top or parking lot. For example, we like to get a beer or bottle of wine some type of apps, cheese or cracker etc… sit on the balcony and watch the boardwalk, pool, bay or even fire workers. It’s worth the extra dollars. Whether you are paying 4K or 5K, or more you will kick yourself if you end up with a crappy view for the difference in price. Just my experience. I had the gravel rooftop view once early in my Disney days and never again. In my dozen or so trips it’s been WV or CL WV. Never been disappointed again.

Kylenne and focusondisney are correct. I would pick what’s comfortable for you now. If it was me, a difference in price of 50-100 per day for WV is so much better than looking at a gravel roof top or parking lot. For example, we like to get a beer or bottle of wine some type of apps, cheese or cracker etc… sit on the balcony and watch the boardwalk, pool, bay or even fire workers. It’s worth the extra dollars. Whether you are paying 4K or 5K, or more you will kick yourself if you end up with a crappy view for the difference in price. Just my experience. I had the gravel rooftop view once early in my Disney days and never again. In my dozen or so trips it’s been WV or CL WV. Never been disappointed again.
I was actually lucky, that first stay at BC I was in a corner king room on the side right up against YC, so I had two windows. One was the ugly gravel view but the other looked out at SAB and the Boardwalk. It definitely taught me not to trust standard view at BC/YC though...I would have been heated if all I had was that one window with the roof gravel. So on subsequent stays I have paid for a view. Normally I am not really one to do that at deluxes, I have been generally happy staying standard view and don't really pay for upgrades elsewhere (one exception was our last Poly stay, but that was more about getting a building away from the DVC construction).

I have to admit though, with the standardizing of room categories at the resorts, I am very hesitant to book Resort View now. Especially not here. I really dislike the way Garden/Woods was folded into standard. We like to sit on the balcony too much to risk roof gravel, so if we ever stay at BC/YC again it will have to be WV.

So I know the BC refurbs were done last year. I’m a little surpised they didn’t upgrade the shower fixture to have the hand held shower head as well as the fixed shower head. Most other deluxes have that option in the shower.

Is it true that BC doesn’t have them?

So I know the BC refurbs were done last year. I’m a little surpised they didn’t upgrade the shower fixture to have the hand held shower head as well as the fixed shower head. Most other deluxes have that option in the shower.

Is it true that BC doesn’t have them?
Sadly the bathrooms do not have the dual shower head. It was only a soft goods refurb so that may be why? Showers lost the curtain and got sliding glass doors.

1715141840227.png

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023...t-a-deluxe-disney-world-hotel/comment-page-1/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter