Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. cakebaker

cakebaker DIS Veteran

I don’t believe there’s any chance they would allow this.

natebenma and NYCgrrl like this.
  2. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Are the quiet pools locked/not usable after hours? I think we used the yc one late but that was 2011.
    Thx

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We walked through the bc quiet pool a lot after hours just to get inside quicker. It never seemed to be locked

trishadono likes this.
  5. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

No locks.

trishadono likes this.
  6. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

You have to be staying at the resort you are renting a cabana at. We have rented at the GF and rented at the Poly back when they had the full service cabanas, and it was always that way.

The hours for those were always 10-2 or 3-7 half day and 10-7 full day. I imagine it will be the same here, but you never know. I also feel like they are for 6 guests, but I honestly can’t remember if they ever told us that, or if I’m mixing it up with other places we’ve rented cabanas, or if I just assumed. Some places we’ve rented cabanas are crazy strict about maximums even if you could fit more in easily, and others don’t seem to care. At Disney we have never had more that just our family, so it didn’t matter.

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Perfect thanks!!

8. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

I just called about renting a cabana for a Sunday in late September, unfortunately, these are booked 180 days in advance, so I can't book quite yet, but here is the information that I received:

These are the full cabanas with two lounge chairs and two straight back chairs, they have a TV, Bluetooth speaker, resort phone, fan, refrigerator stocked with soda and water, fruit, and a CM for assistance (I may have missed another minor amenity but those are the ones I caught).

Max of 6 guests

Full day rental is 10-7. Half day is either 10-2 or 3-7. Pricing for my day was much lower than the previous poster for our dates the full day was $211.94, half day $137.39, but again this is seasonal so it may be different for a different time frame.

9. MaC410

MaC410 DIS Veteran

Speaking of the quiet pools and being locked...Is there any actual official rules/policy as to when you can't use those pools? My wife and I don't spend much time at the pools because we are in the parks for the entire day. When we finally get back the main pool is closed and it's typically later than the posted hours for the quiet pools. Some nights we'd really like to relax in a pool after a long day but we aren't really sure if it's allowed. I do remember when we visited for our honeymoon we definitely used the yacht club quiet pool and hot tub after the posted hours on our first night because we were desperate for some relaxation after a busy wedding weekend and travel. Nobody ever came around to tell us to get out and we definitely weren't making any noise to disturb guest rooms around us. So what exactly are the rules?

10. PCFriar80

PCFriar80 BCV/CT

They have "posted" rules at each of the quiet pools and hot tubs. The standard hours that I have seen [Dunes Cove Pool - BCV] are 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM [Midnight at some of the other pools]. I have no experience as to whether or not they are enforced or not, but suffice to say you have a better chance of using them off hours if you are quiet and not causing a lot of noise. I copied this from page 1 of this wonderful thread!
    [​IMG]

11. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

At BWI, I saw people in the quiet pool around 10:00 PM at night. This was probably sometime in July 2018. Don't recall seeing anyone in the pool December 2018/January 2019 but that might have been due to the bad weather the 3rd or 4th week of December. There are hours posted on the gate at BWI and probably YC as well but I don't recall the times.

12. MaC410

MaC410 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses! Not even sure if late March nighttime weather will even be warm enough for us to want to use the pool at night. I've just never known the actual rules for the quiet pools.

13. ADS2508

ADS2508 Mouseketeer

I spoke with Recreation department today. I was told 10-2 or 3-7 for half or 10-7 for full, and I had to be a guest at the hotel to rent.

I booked for August today. I was quoted $211 for 1/2 day and charged $318 for full day. He definitely mentioned seasonal pricing.

14. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

742906B5-44B5-4FAE-ADE3-54672DA2CD95.jpeg FEE96024-8CA8-47CC-B3F4-E62964C42FB6.jpeg 6F93BF50-560C-4E20-AF89-9A14EB0143F6.jpeg 6DC0B055-15BD-4D31-AF24-6B6493036048.jpeg
    I missed this!
    Yes, we had room 5173 for our honeymoon in August. There was a king bed, a full sized couch and coffee table. The prerequisite desk and chair was there also. There was no curtain, but you could see the ridge in the ceiling where it had been. Dee, feel free to use pics.

15. hamilkm

hamilkm DIS Veteran

That is the exact price 211.94 they charged me for a half day. I’m going mid-May, so not high season. I think I’m going to call back. The girl who booked mine sounded pretty confused.

natebenma and gillep like this.
  16. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the response. I did try calling the reservation number, but I was told that they only handle the cabana rentals for the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. She said I'd have to call the actual hotel, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

17. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

(407) WDW-PLAY, (407) 939-7529, is the number I called about these and if I had been in the booking window the CM could have booked for me. I think the CM you got was misinformed,

Hopefully likes this.
  18. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

I thought so too!

19. Bellabully

Bellabully Official Disney Addict

Sorry for the confusion on the times. I should have posted start times for 1/2 day are 10:00 and 3:00, not 10-3. I was so excited that reservations for the cabanas finally open. Pricing is seasonal. I am going during Srping Break, so price is definitely higher.

gillep likes this.
  20. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...

I always pretend dinosaurs are chasing me when I work out. Since Ellen's Energy Adventure has closed, I'll be those "Disnosaurs" are on the loose and available for chasing runners. That's probably an Up-Charge so you might want to check with recreation for the rates before you book any Disnosaurs.

~NM
    raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u2.jpg

21. NMAmy

NMAmy Can speak food in German

We just returned from a lovely stay at the Beach Club. It was our first time there (although we've stayed at Boardwalk and the Dolphin multiple times) and we loved it. We were in room 4556. It was right by the single elevator and next to the ice machine. Luckily, not too many people get ice because you could really hear it in our room. We were facing the villas but if you leaned out to the right, you could watch the higher fireworks in Illuminations. It had a slightly bigger balcony than the one next door to us. No daybed in the room. We arrived at the airport at 10:30 a.m. and were at the BC by 11:30. Our room wasn't ready yet so we dropped our carry-ons at Bell Services and headed to MK. We ended up getting the text that the room was ready around 12:30.

We really enjoyed the resort. We had a little trouble with housekeeping midweek--they seemed to have just skipped our room for two days in a row although someone came in the room to leave us some DVC postcards with a note asking us to consider a tour. After a call to Housekeeping, they quickly brought us the items we needed and emptied our trash and they were back on track and got the room cleaned the next day. I know someone will ask--we were gone all day and did not leave the sign on the door--it was weird. In fact, when we left one day, housekeeping was cleaning the room across from ours and I told her we were going to be gone.

It was a great trip. We went to HS and MK After Hours events and will definitely do them again. The weather warmed up nicely which was fabulous after we fled the polar vortex. Thanks to all on this thread--I definitely read through several times before the trip to get excited about it.