Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying at YC this trip 4/30-5-7. We are normally BWI folks. Last time at YC was 1997. We could see Boardwalk being construction from our balcony. We saw Illuminations from the Breathless. Boat driver took us on high speed run all around the lake. There weren’t many boats back then traveling from Studios.

Page 1397-1398

Is the booking paid in full at the time booked and non-refundable? We're going in August and want to book, but not 100% sure yet!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

Which resort- BC/YC or BCV?

:cool1:

Just booked Jan 12-18th at Beach Club Villas. So excited for our third stay :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

....welcome to the BC/YC:

...and if you decide to use one of the water vehicles, my DS is working at the marina....

[And sometimes at the pool gate or atop the slide...;) ]

That's awesome! I hope your son enjoys his tie working at the resort.

:cool2:

I’ve been away from this board for some time due to work travel and crazy schedules. But, my planned vacation for my crazy January-February work life starts on 2-23. I modified my reservation from YC water view to YC Club standard view. I hope that was a good decision. We’ve done CL at BWI, but not at YC. DH really likes sitting on the balcony and watching Epcot fireworks, but I’d been checking for CL with my AP discount for weeks and the standard view just showed up today. I know we will have a good time no matter, but I’m second guessing myself now. First world issues.

I'll adjust the list. Hope you enjoy a little special CL pampering.

::yes::

So currently booked at the BCV 11/1-11/10 and decided to come in a few days early so staying at the BC 10/30-11/1 since the villas are now full. We will be there for Halloween. Any suggestions on what we can do that night for Halloween. We have a 4 year old and want him to be able to dress up but not planning on going to a park that day. Thanks!

Adding a couple of days sounds great!

Here's the list of Halloween activities at the resort from the past couple of years.

Halloween 2018.jpg

Halloween 2017.JPG

:hmghost:

Heading to YC for the first time November 1-6 for the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon. We are so excited to be staying at a boardwalk resort for the first time!

:welcome: to the thread and to the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cheer2:

We are so excited to be staying at BCV this August 13-20. It's been three years since we have stayed at our favorite resort.

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

::yes::

I do have to say there is something really special about being able to watch the Illuminations fireworks from the comfort of your balcony at night. I'll now choose to pay more for the water view every time. But I've never done CL at Yacht - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time either way!

Let us know if you have a trip to the resort booked.

:goodvibes

Do you mind sharing what the annual pass discount was and how far in advance they release the discount?

The current annual pass discount, which I’m pretty sure is good through the end of June, is 40% at the YC. It’s also 40% at the BWI, GF, and AKL. I can’t remember when they released the discount, it seemed earlier than I expected it and I was surprised when I went to book that it was out and was good that long. In my experience 40% is a great discount, in fact it’s the best AP discount since i’ve had an AP.

The current annual pass discount, which I’m pretty sure is good through the end of June, is 40% at the YC. It’s also 40% at the BWI, GF, and AKL. I can’t remember when they released the discount, it seemed earlier than I expected it and I was surprised when I went to book that it was out and was good that long. In my experience 40% is a great discount, in fact it’s the best AP discount since i’ve had an AP.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Seriously considering an annual pass for 2020 as hoping to visit twice that year ( summer and Christmas if all goes as planned). 40% off is an awesome discount. Thanks just need to figure out if I need an active annual pass to take advantage or if I can purchase one and get room discount and the activate pass on check-in day if that makes sense? Must try to grab some me-time and do some serious research :)
Thanks again for the info. Greatly appreciated :)

Thanks just need to figure out if I need an active annual pass to take advantage
or if I can purchase one and get room discount and the activate pass on check-in day if that makes sense? Must try to grab some me-time and do some serious research :)

You can book an Annual Pass discount without having an Active Annual Pass. You will just have to show one upon check in or the next day.

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

January :cheer2:

tsme Jan BC WV
hereforthechurros Jan BC (1 night)

amym2 Jan BCV 2BR
pixarmom Jan Marathon Weekend YC
stitchfan18 Jan Marathon Weekend BC
Bree Jan 9-15 BC Marathon Weekend YC CL
ZellyB Jan 9-16 BC Marathon Weekend
PCFriar Jan 9-17 BCV Marathon
Keels Jan 10-15 BCV
MickeyT Jan 13-16 BC post Family Marathon Trip
pas130 Jan 18-21 YC CL GV
Aravan24 Jan 19-23 YC (after AKL 1/16-1/19)
WelshDH@98CPAlum Jan 24-26 YC, then offsite
Tiggr88 Jan 24-30 YC
Haley R Jan 28-31 YC CL SV
jenushkask8s Jan 30-Feb 2 BCV

February :love:

Amelia :) Feb BC GV
challer Feb YC

focusondisney Feb 3-8 YC CL WV
Tahoegal Feb 9-11 BC
Araminta Feb 10 YC GV (1 night)
bookbabe626 Feb 15-18 BC SV (50th BD Celebration :cake:)
trishadono Feb 15-18 BC SV
mikejs78 Feb 16-21 BC WV
Sandi Feb 23-27 YC CL SV
Wood Nymph Feb 27-March 1 BC (following stay at WL)
minnie_moo15 Feb 28-March 10 BCV
eeyoreland end of Feb, 3 nights BC CL
disprincess2213 end of Feb YC SV

March :shamrock:

ydnameht early March BC convention
Boilerfamily March BC Deluxe
Tink'sPixieduster March 3 day (maybe)

GraceMonica March 9-12 YC CL SV (Birthday Trip) :cake:
Madame March 9-15 BCV
mckenk March 12-14 BC
Cloe Colton March 14-18 YC WV
Bamfield March 17-22 BC CL
MaC410 March 21-30 BCV
slaclandry end of March BC

April :flower:

mrs705 April BC
kristin0216 April BC Deluxe
PolyAddict April BC WV
cmsb April BC (maybe)
tikkipoo April YC convention (maybe)

vinotinto April 3-7 YC (after 4 nights POR) Rival Run
PCFriar80 April 4-9 BCV (Star Wars 1/2 Marathon, Flower and Garden)
Bellabully April 10-20 BC CL WV
mevelandry April 13 BC CL (pre-cruise stay)
bookbabe626 April 19-22 YC GV
manakin April 29-May 10 BC
YCfan April 20-26 YC CL
focusondisney April 20-27 YC CL GV 4/20-24, YC GV 4/24-27
Jimmy Mouse April 20-28 YC
Megan138 April 25-May 4 BC Deluxe (not CL) 9 nights

May :cool2:

phyllis1966 May BC
ChristianR May BC
cakebaker May YC

Maxie86 May 5-10 YC
louey May 6-10 YC
Magnoliafan May 8-13 YC WV (split stay after 3 nights WL, 1 night POR)
Tess May 9-17 BCV
hamilkm May 15-22 BC
bookbabe626 May 17-19 YC CL SV
jrsharp2 May 19-22 YC
wdwnut61 May 22-27 BC
ToyStory3 May 25-June 1 BC CL GV
Llama mama May 30-June 4 YC CL

June :chewy:

4Spen June BC (DS Graduation, DD 14th BD)

Jedimike early June BC CL
Mac30188 June 1-6 BCV
Polishnavy June 2-9 BCV
always early June BC
cinderumbrella June 5-11 YC CL DS 16th BD :cake:
Cluelyss June 8-11 BCV
xlsm June 9-16 YC
mikec442 June 14-23 YC CL
dandydad12 June 30-July 13 BC

July :sunny:

vyrg July BC
IHRTWDW July 2019
TJA July YC CL WV
wdisneyaholic July YC

dandydad12 June 30-July 13 BC
MickeyT July 3-6 BCV studio post cruise
Candycane83 July 13-17 YC SV, then Poly
Shellyb84 July 13-19 BC Girls Only Trip
Lalabubbles July 17-30 BC SV
disneycat321 July 19-27 YC GV
BaseballMoM2007 July 20-24 BC SV, then 4 nights Poly
kldmom200(0) July 25-30 YC
Maine mama July 30-Aug 3 YC, following 4 nights CSR

August :boat:

4DisneyFam Aug YC
SaraC97 Aug YC
val1234 Aug YC
Nikki0401 Aug BC 4 nights, Poly 4 nights
marypoppins_85 Aug BC 10 nights
DisneyGirlMI Aug BC
hdrolfe Aug BC
PlutoIsHerFav Aug BC/YC/BCV???
ADS2508 Aug BC/YC/BCV???
Aries14 Aug BC 10th Anniversary :love2:

hammie59 1st week in Aug BC SV
Nicnic Aug 8-20 YC Aug 20-24 BC CL
Nikki0401 Aug 9-??
jhoannam Aug 13-15 YC CL
rik Aug 13-20 BCV
Scott MC Aug 15-26 BC (Happy First Anniversary) :love:
wdwlvr Aug 17-25 BCV
The13thLetter Aug 16-24 BC
Iced-Coffee-Addict Aug 18-23 Deluxe BC
roydavid7771 Aug 18-24 BCV (Big family gathering)
Mascara&MouseEars Aug 22-28 YC
cmorris303 Aug 22-29 BC
val1234 Aug 22-30 YC WV
NJlauren Aug 23-30 YC
dnllmz Aug 23-31 BC
hdrolfe Aug 24-31 YC
Mom2Stitch Aug 31-Sept 7 YC GV

September :teacher:

WhoDat09 Sept YC
bookbunny Sept BC

bookbabe626 Sept 2-6 YC SV Retirement celebration!
anneboleyn Sept 5-8 YC WV after POR, 9/1-9/4
lisalonglash Sept 14-?? BC (Family trip, Anniversary Celebration) :love2:
Christine9125 Sept 15-?? YC
penelope75 Sept 15-22 YC (after 3 days at Universal)
ShayBells Sept 16-22 YC
Pooh's-Honey-Pot Sept 19-Oct 3 BC GV
iScrap Sept 21-25 BC/BCV Girlfriends Health Recovery trip
MamaMaleficent2016 Sept 23-28 BC

VAtink Sept 25-Oct 2 YC
Cynthiab Sept 26-30 YC girls' trip!
mcurrence Sept 27 YC precruise
gillep Sept 28-Oct 3 BCV
evlaina Sept 29-Oct 4 BC
looloo24 Sept 29-Oct 6 YC
picesmama Sept/Oct 2019 BC (maybe)

October :hmghost:

Tess Oct 10-18 BCV F&W
meggers628 Oct 20-26 BCV 2BR
simnia Oct 22-26 BC CL
PCFriar80 Oct 23-31 BCV F&W
Llama mama Oct 30-Nov 4 YC CL
DevonsDisneyMom Oct 30-Nov 1 BC, Nov 1-Nov 10 BCV

November :squirrel:

Jedimike Nov BC

Erinsmommy Nov 1-5 BC SV , then CR 11/5-11/10
amy_sue Nov 1-6 YC Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon
DevonsDisneyMom Nov 1-10 BCV (Oct 30-Nov 1 BC)
mlnbabies Nov 8-15 BCV
♥ Mandi ♥ Nov 14-Dec 3 BC
ABZDisneyFan Nov 16-30 YC

December :santa:

KStash Dec YC CL

hollibo83 Dec 6-14 BCV 2BR
focusondisney Dec 7-14 YC GV
Hopefully Dec 7-14 BCV 2BR
reluctantredhead Dec 22-27 BC 1BR
Erinsmommy Christmas weekend BC CL

3threebabies Jan YC
PCFriar80 Jan 8-16 Marathon Weekend
vicarrieous Jan 12-18 BCV

Last edited:
February 15, 2019 Page 1398

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)
I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to review your information to see if it is correct, and let me know if you would like me to make any adjustments to your listing.

Hi. Just made our booking at YC oct 4-11. Will you add us to the Be Our Guest list?

Hi!

In the beginning of this week, I have been shocked to notice the changes regarding the FP+ (that "tiers" thing) since I was there the last time in 2017. I have been told by many that I should have inquired about those changes before my "picking FP+" day in order to avoid disappointment...

:scratchin Okay. Sounds fair.

So, I figured it would be the right thing to do with the Beach Club and the Club Level before we go in April.

The last time I've stayed at the Yacht & Beach Club - YC Club Level was in 2015 (I've also stayed CL at the Grand Flo' during the same year) ...

Was there any changes to the Beach Club and/or the way the Beach Club Club Level works since 2015?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Seriously considering an annual pass for 2020 as hoping to visit twice that year ( summer and Christmas if all goes as planned). 40% off is an awesome discount. Thanks just need to figure out if I need an active annual pass to take advantage or if I can purchase one and get room discount and the activate pass on check-in day if that makes sense? Must try to grab some me-time and do some serious research :)

I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer so hopefully you won’t take it as such (and maybe you already know this anyway), but a 40% AP discount is a pretty rare bird. We’re seeing some excellent AP rates during this current promotion at several resorts, but that’s not always the case. Come next year with SWGE, who knows what things will look like.

Anyway, just wanted to point that out - budget for the worst, and take advantage of whatever discounts do ultimately come out.

Happy planning!

Hi - My daughter and I will be staying at BC in late March. On our check-in day we will be coming from a Universal resort so our timing is flexible. If we arrive before check-in time and before our room is ready, will we be able to use the pool? I see from the first few info posts that you need a room key to access the pool area. I was planning to spend most of that afternoon at the BC pool and then go over to DS that evening, but if we can't access the pool until our room is ready, I may stay at our Universal resort for longer that day. Thanks!

Hi - My daughter and I will be staying at BC in late March. On our check-in day we will be coming from a Universal resort so our timing is flexible. If we arrive before check-in time and before our room is ready, will we be able to use the pool? I see from the first few info posts that you need a room key to access the pool area. I was planning to spend most of that afternoon at the BC pool and then go over to DS that evening, but if we can't access the pool until our room is ready, I may stay at our Universal resort for longer that day. Thanks!
I think if you go to the front desk and check in, and make sure your magic bands are activated, then you can use them for the pool.

I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer so hopefully you won’t take it as such (and maybe you already know this anyway), but a 40% AP discount is a pretty rare bird. We’re seeing some excellent AP rates during this current promotion at several resorts, but that’s not always the case. Come next year with SWGE, who knows what things will look like.

Anyway, just wanted to point that out - budget for the worst, and take advantage of whatever discounts do ultimately come out.

Happy planning!

Thanks I totally get that discounts aren’t guaranteed just trying to crunch numbers but definitely budgeting on worst case scenario :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

You are absolutely able to use the pool, Stormalong Bay, as soon as you check in, even if your room is not ready yet. As a previous poster indicated, as long as your Magic Band is activated showing you are a guest of the resort, you will be able to access the pool. You can also use the pool on the day you check out, up until closing time.

Do I really still have language about needing a room key to access this area??? Sheesh!!! Time for me to do a little refurbishment on Posts 2 and 3! :sad2:

:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter