Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was reading on a friends FB page that this was happening. People who had booked first thing this morning on the website, 6:30 am, were able to get reservations and they are still in their MDE reservations listing. People calling in or trying to book online later this morning have been unable to do so.

:headache:
Yep -- tried earlier today and had no luck getting a reservation for any date during my stay during week of April 23 :(

I would love any advice from others that have traveled with toddlers!
How exciting! We've traveled to Disney every year starting when my daughter was 2. I highly recommend ordering some groceries for the room if your little one is a picky eater like mine are. It's nice to have some toddler snacks, fruit and milk, etc. on hand. I've used garden grocer and we go shop and both were very good. Also if you expect her to nap/relax in stroller, highly recommend renting a stroller (city mini or similar) rather than park stroller which is not as comfortable.

PS -- sorry for posting three times in a row...i'm a newbie and just getting the hang of the multi quote feature!

:offtopic:

I have a friend who want to know if it is still tough to get into Trader Sam's or if it has mellowed out there. I have never been.

Anyone have any feedback about how crowded it is these days?

TIA!

page 797-799

I am dying to see photos of the actual new YC rooms! I don't like what I have seen so far so I switched to BC for our trip, but I'm hoping someone will post newer pics that will change my mind. YC was my favorite resort until I saw those new rooms. They just look so dark and boring.

I have you on the list for YC still, so I'll make the change. That probably means that when you see the actual rooms, you will switch back, so all will be good!

:goodvibes

Anyone there now that could answer this for me?

Does anyone know if Cape May Cafe still rotates certain items (fried shrimp, fried calamari, etc) and if so, what items and what days? The online menu used to tell me but I can't find it anymore. What about the cod nuggets? Still only on certain days?

Did someone answer and I missed it?

I have a copy of the restaurant menu from a past trip and at that time it was Cod on Friday and Sunday, Calamari Tues and Thurs, Shrimp Monday, Wed and Saturday. Not sure if that is still the rotation.

:confused3

This time last week no... but then my mum and I decided to do a girls only trip for her birthday this September and on Tuesday night we booked a week in the Yacht Club!! :banana: I am SO happy! We got a great deal and as it is Sept am hoping the refurb will have been completed/mostly done by then? What do you think? Either way though I don't mind as I love the existing decor. Been on cloud 9 since Tuesday! :cloud9: Can't wait to go home. We're already planning a MNSSHP and excited to be back at F&W (first time there for my Mum).

That is AWESOME news!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Oh my. I would love to stay at BC for our 2018 trip but didn't think I could afford it ($430 per night for just DD and I seems excessive, but $255 would be much more reasonable). Would you mind sending me a private note with your TA's name? : )

Hope you are able to find a deal! Let us know if you book.

::yes::

Phew! Just finished reading all 799 pages! Obviously, I have been lurking for quite a while...not one to post much, but I totally love how helpful everyone is here! Anyway, the countdown is on for us, just 91 more days to go until we are back at the Beach Club. We will be there from May 25-June 8 staying in a club level one bedroom suite, then over to the dark side from June 8-13 (haven't figured out where we are staying yet, probably Hard Rock, though). This will be our first trip with our DD who just turned 2! My DH, DS, who's 12, and my mom will all be along for the adventure. We were there about 4 years ago and totally fell in love with the Beach Club! I'm a little nervous about traveling with the 2 year old, it will be our first vacation with her. I would love any advice from others that have traveled with toddlers!

Also, wondering about the one bedroom suite... someone posted a great link to Glass Slipper Concierge, which had amazing photos of the one bedroom on the ground floor. Thank you, btw! What I am wondering is, are all one bedrooms set up the same way? We are really hoping for one on an upper floor, but I really like the layout of the one she reviewed.

I am so looking forward to this trip! I teach and have the toughest class I've ever had this year! Knowing I am returning to Disney at the end of the school year and reading all the posts here has really helped me power through the year!

Thanks for any info you can send my way and a big thanks to Dee for adding us to the BOG list! Can't wait to see our name there, it will certainly make it seem more real!

:worship:

Wow!!! That's some dedicated reading!

I'm happy to add you to the list! Sounds like an amazing family trip!

:dogdance:

Hi Guys!! It's been a while. I'm going back for a short trip March 17-20. YC CL

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

Have a question for the group. We've got Pirate Adventure Cruise out of POR and were planning a Typhoon Lagoon day. Obviously the first needs alternative transportation, and the second is probably also going to be non-Disney transportation because I've no desire to play the "let's take a whole lot of buses!" game. I've never used Uber, only because I really never need to use taxis, but I'm definitely familiar with it because everyone at my company uses it frequently. So, have you used Uber at WDW? What are your experiences with it? Should I try it or just tell the concierge at YC to find a cab for me?

Question about the YC restaurants. On our first day, we'll be arriving at YC at around 11:30-noonish, having taken a red-eye from the West Coast. I'm planning on dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (trip isn't till October so it's too soon for ADR). As for lunch, I'm still waffling between Captain's Grille, Beaches & Cream, or one of the lounges. Any thoughts? I'm thinking the lounge might be best so I don't have to worry about making and ADR if the flight or ME is delayed.

I have a friend who want to know if it is still tough to get into Trader Sam's or if it has mellowed out there. I have never been.

TIA!

Last time I went was Oct. Definitely a waiting list for a seat inside early evening. I've heard waits are better at opening then they used to be.

Question about the YC restaurants. On our first day, we'll be arriving at YC at around 11:30-noonish, having taken a red-eye from the West Coast. I'm planning on dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (trip isn't till October so it's too soon for ADR). As for lunch, I'm still waffling between Captain's Grille, Beaches & Cream, or one of the lounges. Any thoughts? I'm thinking the lounge might be best so I don't have to worry about making and ADR if the flight or ME is delayed.

Crews Cup Lounge at the YC opens at noon. It is a nice, quiet place to relax and have lunch. We've eaten lunch there many times. :)

I was going to suggest Crews Cup also. My favorite places where all the bartenders know my name! ::yes:: No ADR needed. Rarely crowded during the day. Captains Grill does take walk ups depending on how busy they are. Beaches & Cream stopped doing walk ups unless you're only one or two & are ok with counter seating. Still think Crews Cup is your best bet.

Beach Club 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a living room/dining room.

Attachments

• IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3643.JPG
    IMG_3643.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3645.JPG
    IMG_3645.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3646.JPG
    IMG_3646.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 108

TIA!
Dee, we stayed at Poly for 3 nights last August and never had a problem getting in after 8 PM. If the actual bar is packed, the outside lanai is great too, with live music and the only place where you can get spiked pineapple Dole whips, to my knowledge!

If I were in this situation, I'd lean towards lunch at Captain's Grille without a reservation, since I doubt they would be crowded at lunch time. BTW I don't know if they will still be in their temporary location or if the remodeling will be completed by then, but I'd still probably go to that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter