• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Did you do the survey at the end of the call? They take that VERY seriously.

Unfortunately no. I was at work and I had a client come in.

I did look this morning and it is up on the website. I wasn't able to find it for our May trip but it did show up during a random date later in the year. So it is working. I will keep my eye out for it.

Unfortunately no. I was at work and I had a client come in.

I did look this morning and it is up on the website. I wasn't able to find it for our May trip but it did show up during a random date later in the year. So it is working. I will keep my eye out for it.
I just saw in your original post you said you didn't do the survey. Apologies for not being a careful reader!

page 799-801

Two things-

First, thanks to everyone who gave feedback about their experience at Trader Sam's. I appreciate it!

Second, woah, 800 pages!!! When we get to a milestone, I always consider restarting the thread fresh so there is not so much to go through. But I use the search feature quite a bit and if I start a new thread and this one gets locked, then I don't think you would be able to do that. So I will continue on, trying to update the first page so that a lot of the info people might need can be found there. Or with a well-worded search.

:goodvibes

Have a question for the group. We've got Pirate Adventure Cruise out of POR and were planning a Typhoon Lagoon day. Obviously the first needs alternative transportation, and the second is probably also going to be non-Disney transportation because I've no desire to play the "let's take a whole lot of buses!" game. I've never used Uber, only because I really never need to use taxis, but I'm definitely familiar with it because everyone at my company uses it frequently. So, have you used Uber at WDW? What are your experiences with it? Should I try it or just tell the concierge at YC to find a cab for me?

I have used both taxis and Uber to get around the world. My monkey pals and I Ubered all over the place on our August 2015 trip. Full disclosure- we had one death-defying trip, but it didn't stop us. The rest of the rides were great, and we were picked up right at the entrance of the BC.

I'll add the link to my TR chapter here.

An Uber Scary Ride: aka The Wildest Ride from the Wilderness (Lodge)

:car:

Question about the YC restaurants. On our first day, we'll be arriving at YC at around 11:30-noonish, having taken a red-eye from the West Coast. I'm planning on dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse (trip isn't till October so it's too soon for ADR). As for lunch, I'm still waffling between Captain's Grille, Beaches & Cream, or one of the lounges. Any thoughts? I'm thinking the lounge might be best so I don't have to worry about making and ADR if the flight or ME is delayed.

I'll agree with the other posters on this. You could try to see if you can walk up at Captain's Grille. They have always been able to accommodate us without a reservation at lunch, but that may depend on the progress of the renovation. Crews Cup or the Ale & Compass would be a great backup. The only issue with these recommendations is that the menus are similar (same kitchen) as Yachtsman. But there is probably enough variation that you could find something different than what you will get for dinner.

::yes::

Pixie Dust!!!!!

We were upgraded to a 2 Bedroom suite at Beach Club!!!!!

I am speechless!!!!

Beach Club 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a living room/dining room.

That is AWESOME!!!

party:

When your trip is over, could you share the room number? I'll add you pictures to the deluxe/suite thread if that's ok.

:thumbsup2

Hi @natebenma, please remove me from Be Our Guest list. We are changing to Poly. My DH is only with us part of our stay, and has requested monorail resort. Depending what comes up for room discounts in July, I might be able to do a split stay once he departs, but for now, we have to stick with Bounce Back one resort to get the best price. I will miss you all!

Will do!

Have a great trip. Feel free to stick around if you want to continue to be part of the fun.

:cool2:

Is there a map of the Beach Club Club Level which shows where the rooms are in relation to the CL Lounge?

Check Page 1, Post 8 for a link to the detailed map.

::yes::

Hiya! We'll be coming back "home" from April 28 - May 4 (BCV). We spent our last several trips exploring other resorts around the World to check them off our list, but nothing says "Disney World" to us like being at the Beach Club. :love:

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Hey there! Just popping over to request to be added to the BOG list for BC CL Deluxe room 1/4/18-1/10/18 (Marathon weekend!) DH and I will also be celebrating our 20th anniversary (with our kids who will be 18,15 &11) DH is running the marathon and the youngest and I will be doing the 10K

:welcome: back!

Will do!

Sounds like a great celebration trip.

:woohoo:

12 Days for us too!!!! I am so excited. It will be my daughter, my mom and myself this trip. Hoping for warm enough weather to enjoy the pool ( I'm a baby and like it hot when I swim, now my daughter will swim in 30 degrees with snow :tongue:).

I also wanted to mention that I bought a new hand sanitizing spray that has a smell similar to the Beach Club. Not exactly like it but very close. It is a new product called "Touch" and it is a spray that lasts up to 6 hours, which is awesome for a place like Disney (so many germs!) I bought the Ocean Mist scent. I just received it in the mail today and I'm excited to use it, people are probably going to think I'm weird cause I keep smelling my hands, lol. The company did mess up my order so I am hoping that they will rectify it.

Good luck with the customer relations. If they treat you right, let us know and I can add the info for the company to my red-neck scent post.

:scratchin

We are super excited! We are staying at the BC June 10-17. This is our first time at BC (I do not think we have ever even been on the resort property!) We have a standard room, should I request anything specific?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

We have some info about room requests in Post 13- it is a very subjective topic, what is important to your family (daybed, near elevator, etc) may be different from others' priorities.

One thing you may want to request is a full balcony if you would like one. About half of the rooms at the resort have full-sized balconies, but the rest have smaller standing only balconies that won't fit chairs.

:flower1:

Have a question for the group. We've got Pirate Adventure Cruise out of POR and were planning a Typhoon Lagoon day. Obviously the first needs alternative transportation, and the second is probably also going to be non-Disney transportation because I've no desire to play the "let's take a whole lot of buses!" game. I've never used Uber, only because I really never need to use taxis, but I'm definitely familiar with it because everyone at my company uses it frequently. So, have you used Uber at WDW? What are your experiences with it? Should I try it or just tell the concierge at YC to find a cab for me?
Uber!! And search for a first time rider coupon to get money off your first ride. I've seen $20 off first ride, $30 off first ride (rare) and most recently 50% off your first 2 rides through Chase.

We took multiple Uber/Lyfts on my last trip to WDW and, for the most part, had great experiences. All my Uber experiences were positive. The biggest problem I had was one night I tried to avoid the mess (at the time) that was Disney Springs and took a boat to get an Uber pick up at Saratoga Springs to take us back to Universal. We got off too soon, in the DVC section or something?, called our Uber and then Disney Security wouldn't allow him to come pick us up. The driver was awesome and begged and begged security to let him through and he then waited for us to get there (we were hopelessly lost, literally on the phone talked to the security guy who wouldn't let the driver pick us up & told us it wasn't his problem- us two 20-something women wandering aimlessly around the dark, deserted, parking lot at like 10pm) and bless the driver's soul he finally got through security and as we started finding our way out and he met us halfway. We gave him a nice tip when he got us back to the Dark Side that night! It was an otherwise unpaid 20 mins he spent trying to get to us. (Disney security has since become MUCH better about allowing the Ubers through.) I inquired on the transportation board on the DIS that night if that was normal as we planned lots of Ubering in the upcoming days and was assured that my incident was very unusual and my other trips should be fine. Indeed they were! I highly recommend asking over there if you have specific q's about Ubering somewhere because they were very helpful.

Dates picked, deposit is down! Dee, can you add me to BOG for Nov 7-13 BC CL? Gonna have some F&W fun!

I don't know how I can wait I'm SO excited to be returning to F&W! Last time I stayed AKL, and while beautiful it was so far away. 5 min walk this time?! I think it was a 10-15 min walk from our room at AKL to the bus stop last trip ;) CL and F&W can be overkill but I'm surprising my fam with this trip and we love the extra space this provides and the easy breakfast and appetizer evenings (which we make better use of now that everyone in the fam is over 21). Although staying 5 mins from France's bakery probably means this will be a Breakfast 1, Breakfast 2, Breakfast 3 situation: Breakfast 1- CL, mainly espresso I'm thinking coming from CA time zone, Breakfast 2 at Les Halles- Napoleon and champagne, because on vacation I can do that, Breakfast 3 by the time we make it across the lake because I can't resist the cronut stand, especially when paired with a glass of champagne from the Dessert Stand when it opens. That should last until lunch unless I pass out from a sugar/dehydration attack ...Although now that I'm thinking this through so thoroughly I better bring my extra large shorts and start earning some Champagne side money... BC might turn out to be a very dangerous choice during F&W!

Thank you, gottalovepluto (and I DO!!!) and natebenna for the Uber info!!! natebenna I read your story and now I'm only a LITTLE terrified about using them... :scared:

And :offtopic:, as you're both Uber vets, can I ask something probably completely ridiculous but that I've been wondering about? When you ride Uber, DO you get in the front seat? It's going to be me and my 11 year old DS, and I don't want to violate any Uber protocol here...

Thank you, gottalovepluto (and I DO!!!) and natebenna for the Uber info!!! natebenna I read your story and now I'm only a LITTLE terrified about using them... :scared:

And :offtopic:, as you're both Uber vets, can I ask something probably completely ridiculous but that I've been wondering about? When you ride Uber, DO you get in the front seat? It's going to be me and my 11 year old DS, and I don't want to violate any Uber protocol here...
Totally not ridiculous- someone recently asked the same q on the Disneyland side of the DIS! I ride in the back when with 2 people, but with 3 will ask if it's ok to sit up front. It is, but it just feels more polite to inquire first :)

Like I said, my group just had one bad ride out of several on this trip.

Good question about where to ride. We were always travelling with 3 or 4 of us at a time, so somebody had to sit up front. We took turns ordering the ride, so the one who made the request rode up front. We had to specify UBER X (a larger vehicle) when all 4 of us were together.

So that doesn't answer your question... I think with 2 people, I would sit in the back, not up front with the driver.

BTW- that was not the scariest ride I have had recently. That one goes to a taxi we got from Diamond Head to our hotel in Honolulu:

A Profitable Hike and Taxi Driver, Part 2

Last edited:
Hi all! I was online making my ADRs this morning and got everything except for Cape May for breakfast. It appears that no reservations are currently being taken for breakfast, as I checked a variety of dates. Dinner is is showing up, but it's a no-go on breakfast right now. Anyone know if this is a common occurrence? I'm guessing if I just keep checking back it may open up at some point? Hope everyone else has had success with their ADRs!!
If you are a Touring Plans subscriber you can put it in the reservation finder - it will notify you when availability opens.

Just a shout out to Signature Services (the new IPO for CL) - we got all our ADRs except Le Cellier because availability hadn't opened. They said they would reach out to the restaurant to be advised when it could be booked. I put an request in the TP reservation finder to book myself because I'm nuts like that, and there was one available for our preferred time of 7:30 for 8 people that popped up on the finder. Unfortunately The notification came in at 3:00 am so by the time I got to a computer (before DSS opened at 9 am EST) the only time was 8:30 pm. I booked it but reached out to DSS to see if we could get anything earlier. They initially said no, there was nothing, which wasn't a huge deal (although 8:30 pm is 10:00 pm our time). A day later I got another unsolicited email saying they booked two ADRs for four people for 7:10 and 7:15 pm and would cancel our 8:30 pm if that worked better. No guarantees the tables would be put together but we could ask. We can have the parents at one table and the kids at another (we do that most of the time when we eat out here anyway! LOL) if not. I should have thought of that myself since that's what Ninja Mom recommended, but I'm happy they went a step beyond.

OH and old friends of ours who are living in Texas now are apparently booking BC for our dates too! So that is SIX families going together!!!!! Disney should love me. LOL

12 Days for us too!!!! I am so excited. It will be my daughter, my mom and myself this trip. Hoping for warm enough weather to enjoy the pool ( I'm a baby and like it hot when I swim, now my daughter will swim in 30 degrees with snow :tongue:).

I also wanted to mention that I bought a new hand sanitizing spray that has a smell similar to the Beach Club. Not exactly like it but very close. It is a new product called "Touch" and it is a spray that lasts up to 6 hours, which is awesome for a place like Disney (so many germs!) I bought the Ocean Mist scent. I just received it in the mail today and I'm excited to use it, people are probably going to think I'm weird cause I keep smelling my hands, lol. The company did mess up my order so I am hoping that they will rectify it.

I'm going to have to get some of this!

If you are a Touring Plans subscriber you can put it in the reservation finder - it will notify you when availability opens.
st
Great tip!! Thank you!! I am a Touring Plans subscriber, but have never used that option. I just added a request for notification.

I'd be interested in hearing if you guys have luck with the dining reservation finder. I tried it but it didn't work for me. It sent a text that it found a resie I wanted, but I received the text 4 hours after it was sent. (If you go back to the website it will tell you when it stopped searching because it found the resie.) I emailed to ask what was going on, and was told that texts sometimes arrive late, and I should google the issue if I want more info.

Hello Beach and Yacht friends, I just wanted to post a timely reminder to be sure that all your travel documents are in order when FLYING to WDW.

Specifically, there has been an increased security effort by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This has included, on occasion, DOMESTIC flight inspections of passenger identification documents. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...heck-at-John-F-Kennedy-Airport-414638133.html
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...heck-at-John-F-Kennedy-Airport-414638133.html
Also of note, passengers or U.S. citizens with certain types of names are subject to advanced screening. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...d-immigration-officials-fla-airport/98379082/

The purpose of this post is specifically to inform our group of the potential for increased scrutiny at airports. Many of our guests come from Canada, the European countries and all over the world. Whether you are a domestic or international traveler please take the time to inspect your travel documents in advance and be sure that they are in good order.

One of the most common problems that travelers encounter at airports is that their identification documents are too close or past the date of expiration.
In the past, the TSA would allow U.S. citizens to travel for up to 1 year using expired drivers licenses. Depending upon the agent's interpretation of the rules, driver's licenses with a hole punched in them (signifying that the issuing agency no longer considered them valid) would be accepted. Please be especially aware that this accommodation of expired documents may no longer be acceptable and this change may happen without advanced notice.

The rules on travel in the U.S. are evolving so don't take the chance that your travel might be interrupted or delayed due to these changes. Also it would be wise to keep abreast of changes by monitoring the TSA website https://www.tsa.gov/ as well the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) web site https://www.cbp.gov/

Also be aware that passengers over 17 are required to present a valid state- or federally-issued ID that displays a photo, name, date of birth, expiration date and gender. Each ID also must possess a tamper-resistant feature like a hologram or state seal. US passports, US passport cards, border crossing cards, driver's licenses, state-issued IDs and foreign government-issued passports are acceptable. Library cards and school IDs are not acceptable documents. A full list of acceptable documents is available on the TSA’s website. https://www.tsa.gov/

With the increased security scrutiny that we will be seeing involving travel and borders it is important that we be prepared when traveling. This will allow us to travel unimpeded to our favorite vacation destination.

~NM

Hello Beach and Yacht friends, I just wanted to post a timely reminder to be sure that all your travel documents are in order when FLYING to WDW.

Also be aware that passengers over 17 are required to present a valid state- or federally-issued ID that displays a photo, name, date of birth, expiration date and gender. Each ID also must possess a tamper-resistant feature like a hologram or state seal. US passports, US passport cards, border crossing cards, driver's licenses, state-issued IDs and foreign government-issued passports are acceptable. Library cards and school IDs are not acceptable documents. A full list of acceptable documents is available on the TSA’s website. https://www.tsa.gov/

With the increased security scrutiny that we will be seeing involving travel and borders it is important that we be prepared when traveling. This will allow us to travel unimpeded to our favorite vacation destination.

~NM

Thanks NM!

This stood out to me as interesting, specifically the age. TSA states that when traveling with a companion in the US those under 18 do not need an official form of ID. But in these times checking with TSA before a flight should be a common practice-thanks for the sobering reminder.

I only point this out because I have a very lazy 17yo dragging her feet getting her license. Fingers crossed she'll have it on 4/4!

Thanks NM!

This stood out to me as interesting, specifically the age. TSA states that when traveling with a companion in the US those under 18 do not need an official form of ID. But in these times checking with TSA before a flight should be a common practice-thanks for the sobering reminder.

I only point this out because I have a very lazy 17yo dragging her feet getting her license. Fingers crossed she'll have it on 4/4!
To add to the discussion, I just popped the $85 for a five year "Known Traveler" number, and it was the easiest process. Fill out a quick online application, then make an appointment a week later for an in-person interview. At the "interview," you're just asked to confirm the information you provided on the application, then they take your fingerprints and your money.

Result? Shorter lines, fewer hassles, and it's also applicable for my son until he's 13 (I'll get him his own number then). If you're eligible, I think it's worth it, especially given how horrendous the standard security lines are at MCO!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter