• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A Disney survey received regarding a recent YC visit focused on the cleanliness of the room and resort, as well as the condition of specific furniture and fixtures in the room. Also included in the survey were the usual questions regarding being greeted at the resort, as well as treatment and job performance of various CMs.

Of special note, however, were the attributes to be rated, pertaining to the new Express Fresh private dining option.
Value for price paid
Appeal of menu items offered
Quality of the food
Wait time to receive order
Meal packaging
Taste of your meal(s)
Freshness of your meal(s)
Selection of menu items offered

Got it, but it doesn't show up on the BC/YC websites at all, other than the reference when you look at the page for Captain's Grille. Is it new?
When you look at the MDE app it's right beside Martha's Vineyard on the resort map. If memory serves me it's just to the left but it's been awhile. :crazy:It's tucked in a lovely little corner and I don't think it gets used any where near as much as it should. It's a beautiful location and well decorated too. Not that far to relocate to on the grand scale of things.
Now when will they make the afternoon teas in the Solarium a permanent feature? It would be great to try it just once.

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!

Thanks for your input.

Any upcoming stays planned?

:goodvibes

This time last week no... but then my mum and I decided to do a girls only trip for her birthday this September and on Tuesday night we booked a week in the Yacht Club!! :banana: I am SO happy! We got a great deal and as it is Sept am hoping the refurb will have been completed/mostly done by then? What do you think? Either way though I don't mind as I love the existing decor. Been on cloud 9 since Tuesday! :cloud9: Can't wait to go home. We're already planning a MNSSHP and excited to be back at F&W (first time there for my Mum).

Got it, but it doesn't show up on the BC/YC websites at all, other than the reference when you look at the page for Captain's Grille. Is it new?
Ariel's is not new, but I've only ever seen it used for special functions; business receptions, wedding receptions, and other meeting type functions. It will be the temporary spot for "Captain's Grille" while they do the renovations to that restaurant.

The Royal Couples Character Breakfast at La Trattoria al Forno will be starting April 2 and reservations can be made starting tomorrow.

It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.” During your visit, be sure to share the tales of your own hopes and dreams, the adventures you’ve had… and those still to come with our favorite princess or prince!

The cost is $34 adults/$20 child and will be a 1 credit table service meal on the dining plan.

@Scott MC

:thumbsup2

I was able to get it this morning for our June trip :-)

The Royal Couples Character Breakfast at La Trattoria al Forno will be starting April 2 and reservations can be made starting tomorrow.

It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.” During your visit, be sure to share the tales of your own hopes and dreams, the adventures you’ve had… and those still to come with our favorite princess or prince!

The cost is $34 adults/$20 child and will be a 1 credit table service meal on the dining plan.

@Scott MC

Done!
Thank you for the heads up!
It's still just listed as Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, but I've got it booked nonetheless.

...Now if Southwest would just release their flight schedule like they promised today.....
...Not that I've been up since 6 on my vacation day waiting.... :surfweb:

...But while I'm up, I'm trying to lay out a rough schedule for our August trip. We tend to book dining, then have a rough theme for the day such as "SAB in the morning....Epcot at night."
We used to utilize EMH religiously, but now tend to avoid them like the plague, but since we're going a week later than usual this year, crowd numbers seem to be nearer 4s-5s instead of 7s-8s, so my question is, do any of you have a crowd calendar website you like? I was on one (undercover tourist) and was ACTUALLY tempted on any given day to avoid EMH park(s), AND avoid their top pick park, thinking many will flock there. Or is it early and I'm overthinking this?

You may have walked past it many times, but often it has black plastic (bin bags) covering the metal doors so you cant see inside.

Can anyone who stayed YC CL recently tell me about the evening food offerings (apps & desserts)? Debating staying CL for the first time. Usually we get the dining plan but I think if we stayed CL we wouldn't need it. We could enjoy CL apps then split later TS meals. I want to see if my picky DS16 would have anything that he would eat there. Thanks!

Can anyone who stayed YC CL recently tell me about the evening food offerings (apps & desserts)? Debating staying CL for the first time. Usually we get the dining plan but I think if we stayed CL we wouldn't need it. We could enjoy CL apps then split later TS meals. I want to see if my picky DS16 would have anything that he would eat there. Thanks!

:welcome:

I have a link with a lot of pictures of the YC CL and the offerings throughout the day from my October trip on Page 1, Post 12 of this thread.

I thought there was a great assortment of selections in the lounge.

:goodvibes

I am thisclose to booking it, not telling DS, then giving him a choice the morning of the reservation as to whether or not he wants to go. Eugene / Flynn Ryder is my Disney Prince crush and this just sounds perfect. :love:

Hahahaha! Eugene is the best prince, ever. We aren't character people but I think this one has a lot of potential! And, Eugene. hehehehehe

Eugene. :lovestruc I think it's really a character breakfast for the moms. ;)

...Now if Southwest would just release their flight schedule like they promised today.....

...But while I'm up, I'm trying to lay out a rough schedule for our August trip. We tend to book dining, then have a rough theme for the day such as "SAB in the morning....Epcot at night."
We used to utilize EMH religiously, but now tend to avoid them like the plague, but since we're going a week later than usual this year, crowd numbers seem to be nearer 4s-5s instead of 7s-8s, so my question is, do any of you have a crowd calendar website you like? I was on one (undercover tourist) and was ACTUALLY tempted on any given day to avoid EMH park(s), AND avoid their top pick park, thinking many will flock there. Or is it early and I'm overthinking this?
My DH uses Touring Plans for crowd calendar.

I really like Easywdw for crowd calendars (he's been doing them much closer to the month though, not like 6 months out), but also look at UT and touringplans. They will all pretty much tell you to skip EMH but my personal experience is that morning EMH is not usually crowded for the first couple of hours because people just don't get up early enough. If you're OK with an early rise, you can do a TON in that first 2-3 hours then hop elsewhere if it gets too busy. Evening EMH are only at MK and Epcot now. We like the MK ones because families with littles tend to clear out as it gets later. Epcot ones are decent, it definitely is busier but not terrible - kind of depends on what you want to do (FW vs WS). HS ones were always a nightmare - it drove up attendance all day and lines were much longer, not any great advantage, but those are gone now so at least you don't need to decide!

As far as avoiding their top picked park, no I don't think that has much advantage. EMH is still the biggest driver. But looking at several plans and seeing where they all agree or differ should shed more light on it.

trying to book breakfast at trattoria al forno, it keeps saying

Error:There was an error booking this reservation. Please try again or call 407-WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 for assistance.

I wonder if this is why...

Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Jump-start your morning with a hearty breakfast featuring beloved Characters from some of your favorite Disney fairytales.

Familiar faces from popular animated tales such as Tangled and The Little Mermaid will be drifting through the restaurant and stopping by your table to meet you while you dine on delicious morning staples.

Be sure to get autographs and photos—and share your own hopes and dreams with a visiting Prince or Princess.

Reservations for April 2, 2017 and beyond will be accepted starting March 1, 2017. Call (407) 939-5277 to check availability and reserve a table.

Please note: Disney Characters join Guests for breakfast only. Character appearances are subject to change.

@Scott MC

Will need to check this out once it starts. We are at BWV in May.

Phew! Just finished reading all 799 pages! Obviously, I have been lurking for quite a while...not one to post much, but I totally love how helpful everyone is here! Anyway, the countdown is on for us, just 91 more days to go until we are back at the Beach Club. We will be there from May 25-June 8 staying in a club level one bedroom suite, then over to the dark side from June 8-13 (haven't figured out where we are staying yet, probably Hard Rock, though). This will be our first trip with our DD who just turned 2! My DH, DS, who's 12, and my mom will all be along for the adventure. We were there about 4 years ago and totally fell in love with the Beach Club! I'm a little nervous about traveling with the 2 year old, it will be our first vacation with her. I would love any advice from others that have traveled with toddlers!

Also, wondering about the one bedroom suite... someone posted a great link to Glass Slipper Concierge, which had amazing photos of the one bedroom on the ground floor. Thank you, btw! What I am wondering is, are all one bedrooms set up the same way? We are really hoping for one on an upper floor, but I really like the layout of the one she reviewed.

I am so looking forward to this trip! I teach and have the toughest class I've ever had this year! Knowing I am returning to Disney at the end of the school year and reading all the posts here has really helped me power through the year!

Thanks for any info you can send my way and a big thanks to Dee for adding us to the BOG list! Can't wait to see our name there, it will certainly make it seem more real!

trying to book breakfast at trattoria al forno, it keeps saying

Error:There was an error booking this reservation. Please try again or call 407-WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 for assistance.

I wonder if this is why...

Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Jump-start your morning with a hearty breakfast featuring beloved Characters from some of your favorite Disney fairytales.

Familiar faces from popular animated tales such as Tangled and The Little Mermaid will be drifting through the restaurant and stopping by your table to meet you while you dine on delicious morning staples.

Be sure to get autographs and photos—and share your own hopes and dreams with a visiting Prince or Princess.

Reservations for April 2, 2017 and beyond will be accepted starting March 1, 2017. Call (407) 939-5277 to check availability and reserve a table.

Please note: Disney Characters join Guests for breakfast only. Character appearances are subject to change.

I was reading on a friends FB page that this was happening. People who had booked first thing this morning on the website, 6:30 am, were able to get reservations and they are still in their MDE reservations listing. People calling in or trying to book online later this morning have been unable to do so.

:headache:

I was reading on a friends FB page that this was happening. People who had booked first thing this morning on the website, 6:30 am, were able to get reservations and they are still in their MDE reservations listing. People calling in or trying to book online later this morning have been unable to do so.

:headache:
thanks Dee, I got one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter