Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at BRV in late October and enjoy quick service breakfast since we are early rope drop parkgoers. Our last trip was several years ago and we had Roaring Forks for breakfast most days. Right now, how early do you have to place mobile order for breakfast ahead of when it is ready for pickup?
For example, if MK opened at 8:30am for resort guests and we wanted to already have eaten more than an hour before that...how early should I be placing mobile order?

I really appreciate everyone with recent insight. Want to make sure my crew doesn't go hungry :)

We are staying at BRV in late October and enjoy quick service breakfast since we are early rope drop parkgoers. Our last trip was several years ago and we had Roaring Forks for breakfast most days. Right now, how early do you have to place mobile order for breakfast ahead of when it is ready for pickup?
For example, if MK opened at 8:30am for resort guests and we wanted to already have eaten more than an hour before that...how early should I be placing mobile order?

I really appreciate everyone with recent insight. Want to make sure my crew doesn't go hungry :)

I usually place my order 15 minutes prior to when I want to eat. Roaring Fork has always been on the quicker side in my experience when it comes to QS at WDW. They never seem to have an issue keeping up with crowds/peak hours for dining.

In your example, I'd order at 7:00 AM, finish eating by 7:30 AM, and then go straight to the boat dock for MK.

We ate there twice for breakfast this past July and ordered right at the counter… everything was ready pretty quickly and always hot. We typically only go out for big character breakfasts and I have to say, even after dining at Cape May Cafe a couple days before RF, we were pleasantly surprised with how good everything was. Enjoy!

We have a WL (CY View) reservation booked for mid October and I got a voice mail message from WDW last night to call them regarding our reservation.

Has anyone recently been bumped/moved from WL? I plan to call them later today but was just curious - I’ve seen the news around the value resorts but hadn’t see anything as it relates to WL.

We have a WL (CY View) reservation booked for mid October and I got a voice mail message from WDW last night to call them regarding our reservation.

Has anyone recently been bumped/moved from WL? I plan to call them later today but was just curious - I’ve seen the news around the value resorts but hadn’t see anything as it relates to WL.

I haven't heard of any, but I may not pay as close attention as some. I have my fingers crossed for you that it's an upgrade!

Can you let us know what they say? We are booked for mid oct for 5 nights, just a standard view room at the WL. I booked through a Disney travel agent though, not sure if that makes a difference?

Just read on another post that someone got a call from WDW re: their Coronado Springs resort stay in October. They left a message and they haven't called back yet.

So...what happened?

Alright, I finally had time and called this morning...

They are offering to switch us to a Contemporary Report Garden Wing Garden View for our stay. It's totally up to us whether we want to make that switch or not - they are not requiring us to move, they just asked if we'd be interested in switching resorts. We just have to let them know.

I told them I'd have to think about it and call back.

Alright, I finally had time and called this morning...

They are offering to switch us to a Contemporary Report Garden Wing Garden View for our stay. It's totally up to us whether we want to make that switch or not - they are not requiring us to move, they just asked if we'd be interested in switching resorts. We just have to let them know.

I told them I'd have to think about it and call back.

Can I ask if you booked through a travel when or on your own? We’re supposed to be there Oct 18 - 23. I hope they aren’t closing the resort, but we have two MK days with a 2 year old and Contemporary is tempting. It was significantly more exp when we looked at options to book back in Dec 2020.

Can I ask if you booked through a travel when or on your own? We’re supposed to be there Oct 18 - 23. I hope they aren’t closing the resort, but we have two MK days with a 2 year old and Contemporary is tempting. It was significantly more exp when we looked at options to book back in Dec 2020.
We booked directly thru WDW on the website. Room only reservation...

Last edited:
Oh no I hope they are not closing again 😳

Oh no I hope they are not closing again 😳

I hope not either! I was assuming that it was sold out from checking over the last few months and it wasn’t even an option to book! This is my son’s first trip to Disney and my husband isn’t sold on Disney to begin with but we love the National Parks feel, so that sold him on the trip.

it appears they may have overbooked the resort or something. Only logical explanation?
It could be they are clearing a block of rooms for a convention or business group. Does your reservation happen to run into the week of Oct. 16th?

That would be the week of the Gartner IT Conference at the Swan & Dolphin and with guests staying at all the various resorts and WL is priced right for business.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter