Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, question for all you WL veterans... I booked a Courtyard View (King) for Marathon week... my wife and I will be going. When I looked on Touring Plans a few days later, I noticed that there are a very limited number of Courtyard View King rooms on the higher floors. I really don't want to get stuck on a ground/lower-level floor... due to both noise and lack of view.

When I saw this, I immediately modified my reservation to a Courtyard View (2 Queens), as there are a substantially greater number of these rooms compared to the King.

When I get to the resort, is it possible to inquire if there are any King rooms on a high floor available to upgrade to? Do they fulfill these requests at the front desk?

So, question for all you WL veterans... I booked a Courtyard View (King) for Marathon week... my wife and I will be going. When I looked on Touring Plans a few days later, I noticed that there are a very limited number of Courtyard View King rooms on the higher floors. I really don't want to get stuck on a ground/lower-level floor... due to both noise and lack of view.

When I saw this, I immediately modified my reservation to a Courtyard View (2 Queens), as there are a substantially greater number of these rooms compared to the King.

When I get to the resort, is it possible to inquire if there are any King rooms on a high floor available to upgrade to? Do they fulfill these requests at the front desk?
At Disney, king bedded rooms are a separate category and are way more limited (as you saw with Touring Plans) because the majority of guests are families. People specifically book kings because they want them. I would decide what is most important to you, a king bed or a higher floor and book accordingly. Often king rooms at Disney are a higher rate, though it does depend on the hotel. The FD may upgrade you to a king if one is available for the duration of your stay, but do not count on it. It’s easier to upgrade a view than a specific bed type.

At Disney, king bedded rooms are a separate category and are way more limited (as you saw with Touring Plans) because the majority of guests are families. People specifically book kings because they want them. I would decide what is most important to you, a king bed or a higher floor and book accordingly. Often king rooms at Disney are a higher rate, though it does depend on the hotel. The FD may upgrade you to a king if one is available for the duration of your stay, but do not count on it. It’s easier to upgrade a view than a specific bed type.

Thanks! Going to just stick with the 2 Queens... last time I stayed on the top floor of BRV, the view was incredible!

I’d be surprised if the TP room finder is accurate right now in regard to king vs. queen rooms, due to the recent renovations. I think only the CL rooms had been finished before the shutdown. It’s entirely possible that some king rooms are in different locations since all the furniture was replaced.

I’d be surprised if the TP room finder is accurate right now in regard to king vs. queen rooms, due to the recent renovations. I think only the CL rooms had been finished before the shutdown. It’s entirely possible that some king rooms are in different locations since all the furniture was replaced.

I would agree with this. TouringPlans is a good resource, but their King info has always been a little suspect. Directionally accurate, probably, but to be relied on for 100% accuracy, no.

Hi, sorry for the basic question but not having luck finding the answer thru search. Probably user error in my searching. I am staying at the WL for two nights in early Dec 2021. This is a cash reservation. I am DVC but no luck in any availability at CCV or BRV during that time. I have always wanted to stay during Christmas season so decided to just book a cash reservation. My basic question is this: if we are on a cash reservation with WL, will we be in the main lodge? I would assume so, but wasn't sure about the layout. We will be in a King room. Thanks for any input.

Hi, sorry for the basic question but not having luck finding the answer thru search. Probably user error in my searching. I am staying at the WL for two nights in early Dec 2021. This is a cash reservation. I am DVC but no luck in any availability at CCV or BRV during that time. I have always wanted to stay during Christmas season so decided to just book a cash reservation. My basic question is this: if we are on a cash reservation with WL, will we be in the main lodge? I would assume so, but wasn't sure about the layout. We will be in a King room. Thanks for any input.

Yes you will be in the main building

Beware of top floors at WL. Some have the solid wall balcony and so view is limited unless you stand up on the balcony your just looking at a wall. I hate them. Also makes room dark.
My fav courtyard view is the Inner Courtyard!

I have a solid balcony and have no issues. Stinks you can’t sit down and enjoy the view, but it’s definitely worth standing up for!! 😊
721E5D6E-890C-40D6-B517-9899760F068E.jpeg

A294D546-6C86-4241-86E8-6051E96386A9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter