Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any details on the reported construction that is scheduled for WL? I just saw an article today but all it mentioned was a permit for General Construction.

Did you notice whether Geyser Point still had carry out service?
Glad you had a nice trip. I’ll be staying at GDT in a few weeks got a Disney Visa too good to pass up!
They’re happy to do carry out. We sat at a table and had a drink then took food to go. This was over Christmas. Super helpful.

Question for the WL experts! Booked WL for Christmas 2021 and had standard view last trip (2019) and had a castle view. I assume it was a dedicated standard view room as the smokehouse and laundry were right under us but we were on a high floor, which gave us awesome fireworks viewing! Standard view was sold out for my dates already so had to grab nature view. And yes, I agree, man this resort is getting pricey! My question is - would a nature view room give us a fireworks view (even partial) or no? I assume it's further down the wing but can't quite get a grip on if there is any possibility in same and hoping fireworks are back by Christmas 2021. Thanks!
Touring Plans room finder may be able to help you here. Sort by nature view and see where those rooms are then make your request based on rooms facing MK.

In 2019 we had standard view and wound up with a great fireworks view. Not sure if it was an upgrade or just luck. The view was of the service area so not great during the day, but at night we could see the castle and fireworks. Fourth floor.

And yes, I agree, man this resort is getting pricey! My question is - would a nature view room give us a fireworks view (even partial) or no? I assume it's further down the wing but can't quite get a grip on if there is any possibility in same and hoping fireworks are back by Christmas 2021. Thanks!

The nature view rooms face toward the Contemporary. The nature view rooms that are on the higher floors can have a very good view of the fireworks. :)

Any details on the reported construction that is scheduled for WL? I just saw an article today but all it mentioned was a permit for General Construction.
They were hard at work on the 2nd floor rooms when we were there. As far as I know, they started on the 7th floor and are working their way down. That could mean that they might be finished by the time the WL reopens. :)

The nature view rooms face toward the Contemporary. The nature view rooms that are on the higher floors can have a very good view of the fireworks. :)

Thank you. I was hoping I'd have a chance at some fireworks! Thanks for all your resort reports too! I so enjoy them!

They were hard at work on the 2nd floor rooms when we were there. As far as I know, they started on the 7th floor and are working their way down. That could mean that they might be finished by the time the WL reopens. :)
You are 100% correct. They started on the 7th floor CL rooms and they were actively working on the 5th floor when everything shutdown in March of 2020.

Dave

Cash reservations opened up today for my December dates at Copper Creek. A deluxe studio was almost $100 a night less expensive than the Courtyard view I reserved several weeks ago. Seems like the studio would be more expensive.

Anyone looking to reserve at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge for early December, those dates are now available for booking on the WDW website.

Cash reservations opened up today for my December dates at Copper Creek. A deluxe studio was almost $100 a night less expensive than the Courtyard view I reserved several weeks ago. Seems like the studio would be more expensive.

Anyone looking to reserve at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge for early December, those dates are now available for booking on the WDW website.
The big difference will be the beds. Only one real bed at CCV and one sleeper sofa. The Inn would have to real beds.

Hi, all. Have a "Nature View - King Bed" booked for the 50th. Perhaps subject to change with room renovations, but currently on the Touringplans room finder there is only one such room in the entire hotel (located on the 6th floor and listed as having a tub with rails). Does that sound right? Thanks!

How long would it take to walk from WL to GF to MK? TIA!
Please disregard, I misunderstood a post of the GF walkway from MK, I thought the pic was from WL. I was having a moment! 🙄

Last edited:
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
enhance

How long would it take to walk from WL to GF to MK? TIA!
Please disregard, I misunderstood a post of the GF walkway from MK, I thought the pic was from WL. I was having a moment! 🙄
Currently, you cannot walk to any other resort from WL. Used to be able to walk to FW, but that is all.

Does anyone know if the electrical boat parade is still running now? If so, what time does it go by WL?

Does anyone know if the electrical boat parade is still running now? If so, what time does it go by WL?

Yep, it’s running nightly. Per the MDE app, the current time is 8:30pm. They recently bumped the times earlier, when it came back towards the end of the year the times were later.

40C2D0A7-C01C-4ED3-AA12-CDB351CB18A9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter