Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geyser Point Bar & Grill breakfast menu
Entrées
Smoked Salmon Everything Bialy
$9.99

Scrambled Eggs
with a choice of Smoked Trail Sausage or Bacon served with Potato Hash or Fresh Fruit
$8.49

Egg White, Spinach, and Feta Breakfast Wrap
served with fresh Fruit
$6.99

Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
with Apple Compote served with a choice of Canadian Bacon, Trail Sausage or Bacon
$8.99

Eggs Benedict
with House-made Canadian Bacon on a Cheddar Biscuit served with Potato Hash or Fresh Fruit
$9.99

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict
served with Potato Hash or Fresh Fruit
$10.99

Seasonal Fruit Plate
with Lavender Honey-Yogurt
$8.99

Steel-cut Oats
with Dried Fruits and Nuts
$4.69

Yogurt Parfait
with Seasonal Berries and House-made Granola
$5.79

Kids' Meals
Scrambled Eggs
served with Bacon or Sausage and Potato Hash and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

Mini Buttermilk Pancakes
with Maple Syrup served with Bacon or Sausage and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

Granola, Apples and Strawberries
with Honey Yogurt Dip and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.49

Geyser Point Bar & Grill lunch and dinner menu
Burgers & Sandwiches
Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
with House-made Canadian Bacon and Spicy Cabbage-Carrot Slaw
$13.99

House-Smoked Salmon BLT
with Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise
$12.49

Smoked Turkey Sandwich
with Lettuce, Tomato and Cranberry Mayonnaise
$9.99

Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
with Tillamook Cheddar, Lettuce and Tomato
$12.49

Bison Cheeseburger
with Tillamook Cheddar, Sweet Onion Straws, Lettuce, Tomato and Marion Berry Barbecue Sauce
$13.49

Salads
Grilled Portobello Salad
with grilled Portobello, Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers, Tomato, and Multi-Grain Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing
$9.99

Grilled Chicken Salad
with Arugula-Romaine, Apples, seasonal Berries, Hazelnuts, and Red Wine Vinaigrette
$12.49

House-Smoked Salmon Salad
with Arugula-Romaine, Apples, seasonal Berries, Hazelnuts, and Red Wine Vinaigrette
$12.49

Seasonal Fruit Plate
$8.99

Kids' Mickey Check Meals
Mickey Check Meal - Grilled Chicken Strips
served with dipping sauces and choice of Apple Slices or Vegetable Sticks and small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
$6.99

Mickey Check Meal - Finger Food Sampler
sliced Smoked Turkey, Tillamook Cheddar, Spiced Apple Jam, Grape Tomatoes and Sourdough Crisps served with choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
$6.99

Kids' Meals
Cheeseburger
with Grapes and Danimals and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$6.99

Desserts
Chocolate Brownie Mousse
with Caramel Popcorn and Toasted Meringue
$5.99

Seasonal Pie
$5.99

Touring plans has a search tool to narrow down king beds/ accessibility/ etc. have you tried that site? I haven't personally used the tool but maybe it will help you find what you need.

That site is actually incorrect for most of the resorts. The only thing it's really good for is seeing resort layout. I'm not totally sure why they even have it up, honestly. It's so misleading.

Entrées
$9.99

Scrambled Eggs
with a choice of Smoked Trail Sausage or Bacon served with Potato Hash or Fresh Fruit
$8.49

served with fresh Fruit
$6.99

Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
with Apple Compote served with a choice of Canadian Bacon, Trail Sausage or Bacon
$8.99

Eggs Benedict
with House-made Canadian Bacon on a Cheddar Biscuit served with Potato Hash or Fresh Fruit
$9.99

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict
$10.99

Seasonal Fruit Plate
$8.99

Steel-cut Oats
$4.69

Yogurt Parfait
$5.79

Kids' Meals
Scrambled Eggs
served with Bacon or Sausage and Potato Hash and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

Mini Buttermilk Pancakes
with Maple Syrup served with Bacon or Sausage and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$4.99

$4.49

Burgers & Sandwiches
Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
$13.99

House-Smoked Salmon BLT
$12.49

Smoked Turkey Sandwich
$9.99

$12.49

Bison Cheeseburger
with Tillamook Cheddar, Sweet Onion Straws, Lettuce, Tomato and Marion Berry Barbecue Sauce
$13.49

Salads
Grilled Portobello Salad
with grilled Portobello, Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers, Tomato, and Multi-Grain Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing
$9.99

Grilled Chicken Salad
$12.49

$12.49

Seasonal Fruit Plate
$8.99

Kids' Mickey Check Meals
served with dipping sauces and choice of Apple Slices or Vegetable Sticks and small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
$6.99

sliced Smoked Turkey, Tillamook Cheddar, Spiced Apple Jam, Grape Tomatoes and Sourdough Crisps served with choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
$6.99

Kids' Meals
Cheeseburger
with Grapes and Danimals and choice of small Low-fat Milk or small Dasani® Water
$6.99

Desserts
Chocolate Brownie Mousse
$5.99

Seasonal Pie
$5.99

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks great! I hope RF brings back Mickey waffles though.

Regarding GP. . .
a) looks lovely, though if open air, then it will be alternately muggy, buggy, or cold at various times. When it rains, the outer seats might not be a good place to sit. b) menu appears decent, at least in keeping with the original NW theme of the Lodge
c) disappointed no Mickey waffles, so I'm hoping when RF reopens, they will come back d) likely be more of a bar than place to eat for us. d) given its location between two pools, expect this to be heavily visited by pool crowd during daylight hours, perhaps crowded with EWP viewers at night

I haven't been to Wilderness Lodge in a while and want to book a woods view room but no matter what date I put in, only standard and courtyard rooms come up. Have woods view rooms been re-categorized or are they just sold out for the dates I'm looking at? I have looked at several dates from September to December.

I haven't been to Wilderness Lodge in a while and want to book a woods view room but no matter what date I put in, only standard and courtyard rooms come up. Have woods view rooms been re-categorized or are they just sold out for the dates I'm looking at? I have looked at several dates from September to December.
Woods view is has been removed as a category for quite a while. Related to construction

Just for reference, sold out room categories still show up, they just indicate they are unavailable for your dates or party size.

Woods view is has been removed as a category for quite a while. Related to construction

Just for reference, sold out room categories still show up, they just indicate they are unavailable for your dates or party size.
Thanks for the info. So do I book a standard room or a courtyard view and ask for a magic kingdom view? What kind of construction is it and will it be done soon?

Looks great but personally, very disappointed in the menu. Was hoping for something more Table Service related. This just looks like an extra (although very nice looking) bar with a fairly basic QS menu. There was a photo posted with a load of briskets being taken over so I was hoping for a more interesting menu. Means that as before, the only table service is the rather limited menu Whispering Canyon.

Thanks for the info. So do I book a standard room or a courtyard view and ask for a magic kingdom view? What kind of construction is it and will it be done soon?

The formerly Woods View rooms on the North side of the North wing are considered Standard View during the construction. There are not any courtyard view rooms with the potential for MK views. Here is a link to a room location and bookable view map: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...estions-thread.3372315/page-272#post-57085993

The construction project is a multi-year process of adding DVC villa cabins along the shoreline and converting the South wing of the main resort building to Villas as well. This leaves only the North wing of the main building in use. There is a whole thread on the construction project here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/bo...ilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-thread.3410778/

The formerly Woods View rooms on the North side of the North wing are considered Standard View during the construction. There are not any courtyard view rooms with the potential for MK views. Here is a link to a room location and bookable view map: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...estions-thread.3372315/page-272#post-57085993

The construction project is a multi-year process of adding DVC villa cabins along the shoreline and converting the South wing of the main resort building to Villas as well. This leaves only the North wing of the main building in use. There is a whole thread on the construction project here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/bo...ilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-thread.3410778/

Thank you!

Geyser Point looks like a beautiful place to sit and enjoy Bay Lake. I'm glad to see that they are taking advantage of the lovely view with the open air restaurant. I'm a little disappointed, though, that Roaring Forks will be closed during our visit and that we'll have to use Geyser Point instead. We had a similar thing happen when we were at the Grand Floridian in December. Gasparilla's was closed while we were there and the Beach Pool bar was open for breakfast. It wasn't as nice as having an indoor fast service restaurant.

Geyser Point looks like a beautiful place to sit and enjoy Bay Lake. I'm glad to see that they are taking advantage of the lovely view with the open air restaurant. I'm a little disappointed, though, that Roaring Forks will be closed during our visit and that we'll have to use Geyser Point instead. We had a similar thing happen when we were at the Grand Floridian in December. Gasparilla's was closed while we were there and the Beach Pool bar was open for breakfast. It wasn't as nice as having an indoor fast service restaurant.
Agree 100% about Geyser Point! I also experienced the closure of Gasparilla in December at GF. When visiting WL, I commented how convenient it must be to take an elevator downstairs to QS and booked a trip... then a few weeks later I get the dreaded e-mail about RFs closure :(

I believe Geyser Point will be a great supplement to the lodge once RF is back open. It will provide unique options and a great bar at the pool and take some strain off the traditional QS. On its own, it seems pretty sparse. I wish I could at least get a Mickey waffle, even if it was only temporary while RF was being refurbished. Looks like I may take a boat trip to Contempo Cafe for some more traditional options.

We check in on 4/19. Wonder why I haven't gotten any notice about the RF closure? It's not due to be open by then is it?

Not that it matters that much, mostly curious. We are so not fans of RF it won't matter if it's open or not. Love the look of GP though. I can see us there daily.

We check in on 4/19. Wonder why I haven't gotten any notice about the RF closure? It's not due to be open by then is it?

Not that it matters that much, mostly curious. We are so not fans of RF it won't matter if it's open or not. Love the look of GP though. I can see us there daily.
I think originally maybe it was supposed to open by then but now they have decided to re-tool the menu or do more work possibly, so now the rumor is mid-June. Maybe you will get an email closer to your dates once they know more? I guess as time goes by, we will know more, as well.

Please advise

I am considering returning to the wilderness lodge for the holidays this December. Last visited summer of 2015
I am currently booked with a Family of 4 in the lodge and family of 5 in the villas.
I am concerned the construction will be a distraction.
Is this a good choice with all the construction or should I go to another resort?

Thank you for your response.

Please advise

I am considering returning to the wilderness lodge for the holidays this December. Last visited summer of 2015
I am currently booked with a Family of 4 in the lodge and family of 5 in the villas.
I am concerned the construction will be a distraction.
Is this a good choice with all the construction or should I go to another resort?

Thank you for your response.
Most of the construction should be finished by December

I think WL is a wonderful choice. I hope the construction will be done by the time of your trip but if not we did not have any frustrations due to construction even in the thick of it!

We are going at the end of July and I did request this room because of these wonderful examples of the fireworks. Do you think the view from this room is just as good for the fireworks show around then or just NYE fireworks. Thanks

When we checked out on 1/1 they were still going strong. I read that the decorations go up in an order determined by a lottery - I suspect the reverse may be true as well so I don't know if you will find a hard and fast rule of when they come down.

Your resort balcony! Below is the view from my NYE stay - room 5030, "standard" view at that time.

13nrkZ5EA8hnMc.gif

wPzhcqWFoXuak.gif

Entrées
$9.99

Scrambled Eggs
$8.49

served with fresh Fruit
$6.99

Maple Cinnamon Pancakes
$8.99

Eggs Benedict
$9.99

Crab Cake Eggs Benedict
$10.99

Seasonal Fruit Plate
$8.99

Steel-cut Oats
$4.69

Yogurt Parfait
$5.79

Kids' Meals
Scrambled Eggs
$4.99

Mini Buttermilk Pancakes
$4.99

$4.49

Burgers & Sandwiches
Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
$13.99

House-Smoked Salmon BLT
$12.49

Smoked Turkey Sandwich
$9.99

$12.49

Bison Cheeseburger
$13.49

Salads
Grilled Portobello Salad
$9.99

Grilled Chicken Salad
$12.49

$12.49

Seasonal Fruit Plate
$8.99

Kids' Mickey Check Meals
$6.99

$6.99

Kids' Meals
Cheeseburger
$6.99

Desserts
Chocolate Brownie Mousse
$5.99

Seasonal Pie
$5.99

We love WL but I'm happy we switched last week. I like a nice, basic menu and no Mickey waffles?! Hopefully RF is back to normal for our next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter