Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the boat and bike rentals and trail to Fort Wilderness is scheduled to reopen?
I don't know about the rentals, but the trails to Fort Wilderness are still accessible. You just have to start up by the bus stops rather than down by the water. Once the restaurant is open, it shouldn't take much for them to be able to reopen the rentals, but I haven't heard a date. In the mean time you can head over to Fort Wilderness and rent boats or bikes there.

Anyone have any updates on Geyser point? we are still a bit concerned about the menu and whether they are going to have enough options to make up for the Roaring Fork being closed :) although I am sure they will :)

I don't know about the rentals, but the trails to Fort Wilderness are still accessible. You just have to start up by the bus stops rather than down by the water. Once the restaurant is open, it shouldn't take much for them to be able to reopen the rentals, but I haven't heard a date. In the mean time you can head over to Fort Wilderness and rent boats or bikes there.

When we were there the bikes were free (first come first served) on the walkway between the lodge and the villas.

Anyone have any updates on Geyser point? we are still a bit concerned about the menu and whether they are going to have enough options to make up for the Roaring Fork being closed :) although I am sure they will :)
I'm going to watch for the menu to be released. We will be there next month (the same time as you are) and I'm hoping that we can get the same gluten free Mickey waffles for breakfast that they served at Roaring Forks. My sister and friend will be at the WL for the first time and I had been telling them how convenient Roaring Forks was compared to the moderate resorts food courts. I'm a little disappointed that RF will be closed while we are there but really excited to eat at Geyser Point. I've seen that open patio area from the boat and it looks really nice. It will have a great view of Bay Lake, something that you didn't really have before. :)

Hi, I have tried searching, but cannot find an answer. Does anybody know what rooms are connecting at the WL in its current state?

Hi, I have tried searching, but cannot find an answer. Does anybody know what rooms are connecting at the WL in its current state?
I don't think that information is available, at least not that I've seen. But there are connecting rooms in the part of the lodge that is open now. I've been one of them. :)

I'm going to watch for the menu to be released. We will be there next month (the same time as you are) and I'm hoping that we can get the same gluten free Mickey waffles for breakfast that they served at Roaring Forks. My sister and friend will be at the WL for the first time and I had been telling them how convenient Roaring Forks was compared to the moderate resorts food courts. I'm a little disappointed that RF will be closed while we are there but really excited to eat at Geyser Point. I've seen that open patio area from the boat and it looks really nice. It will have a great view of Bay Lake, something that you didn't really have before. :)

Yes, we love RF... I was sick during our honeymoon so we ate there a lot... I love the waffles and we are hoping Geyser point has more than a continental breakfast :( Yes, I saw that view !

I don't think that information is available, at least not that I've seen. But there are connecting rooms in the part of the lodge that is open now. I've been one of them. :)
Do you recall if the room was courtyard view, deluxe or the current "standard view" i.e. all other remaining rooms?

Looks like the online check-in request of "near elevator" was removed from Wilderness Lodge. I had it there with upper floor and went to update my credit card and it is no longer displayed or in the drop-down menu.

Looks like the online check-in request of "near elevator" was removed from Wilderness Lodge. I had it there with upper floor and went to update my credit card and it is no longer displayed or in the drop-down menu.

Can you share what options are there as of now? I know it can probably change, I'm just curious if I can be lazy and just use the online check-in to make my request.

Can you share what options are there as of now? I know it can probably change, I'm just curious if I can be lazy and just use the online check-in to make my request.
Its very basic:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 10.33.43 PM.png

They just removed near elevator. If you want something specific, I would still call and fax or call and use TP fax.

Edit: There are two request drop-downs with the same option. However, the remaining requests contradict each other. I wonder if they will just remove one or add more options.

They just removed near elevator. If you want something specific, I would still call and fax or call and use TP fax.

I planned to use Touring Plans fax, so I might just do "highest floor" and the fax and hope I end up on 5 or 6.

I planned to use Touring Plans fax, so I might just do "highest floor" and the fax and hope I end up on 5 or 6.
I am debating whether or not I should send a fax. I also want a higher floor so that is my only request (now that near elevator is done lol). View is not a huge issue as we plan on being in the parks a lot this trip. I still have a few days to decide.

I'll also be at WL in early March. Does anyone know if there will be a place to refill resort mugs, since Roaring Fork will be closed? Will the Roaring Fork bananas foster waffles be available somewhere else, like in the bar or at Geyser Point?

I'll also be at WL in early March. Does anyone know if there will be a place to refill resort mugs, since Roaring Fork will be closed? Will the Roaring Fork bananas foster waffles be available somewhere else, like in the bar or at Geyser Point?

Geyser Point will have a refillable mug station. The bananas foster waffles are my fave! I haven't seen the menu released yet but it should open on Monday so we should have that info soon.

Any ideas on how long Roaring Forks will be closed? We are currently booked at POR for July, but am considering switching resorts.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter